Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010 | 09:05 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Well atleast your truck didnt do this when the rearend came off the ground

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAIl_2B5-_Q

Old 09-30-2010 | 09:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MUD DIGGER
we were going 50mph...do you really think i had that much time to stop in about 30 feet hell no....sorry for the guys on here about 50 years old but this guy was in his 70's if not 80s..i did nothing wrong yellow light means cation not f'n stop right away JC
<snip> i have a great drving record i know how to drive<snip>
hell no

Old 09-30-2010 | 09:20 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm 62, and I HATE old fart drivers, too. I hate it when they drive slow in the left hand lane and slow me down when I'm in my Lightning ;-) I don't mind so much if they drive slow in their Buicks or Tauruses as long as they keep to the right, but when it's obvious they're oblivious to situations around them or disoriented, then they need to get off the road...permanently. Just happy I don't live in Florida or Arizona.

Jim

Last edited by jaymz; 09-30-2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-30-2010 | 09:54 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06bluemeaniexl
so, you're one of those *******s.

You're being the worse driver by yelling and holding up traffic. Why are you so angry? Just drive your ****ing vehicle and forget about it.

i'd rather let an 80 year old who drives a little slow, but safe keep their license rather than some ****y mother ****er like yourself, who gets pissed off because someone stops at a red light. Someone needs to whoop your ***.

Sounds like the OP isn't the only angry one...

Old 09-30-2010 | 09:59 AM
Well I have to agree somewhat with Muddigger. I use extra caution when I see an old person driving near me who is trying to peer over the steering wheel or looks like they have one foot in the grave.

And trying to follow the rules keeping a "safe" distance only creates a gap for someone else to pull into if your driving in the city.

IMO, anyone over 75 should have to pass a hands on driving test every year. It's just a matter of fact that the older you get the more your reactionary skills decline.

Old 09-30-2010 | 10:09 AM
Now we know what happens when the overly cautious elderly driver and the tailgating hotdog with anger management issues try to occupy the same space at the same time.

I tend to cut the elderly some slack. Maybe he fought in Korea, or even WWII.

Young punks who think the world is going to end if they don't beat the red? Not so much.

Old 09-30-2010 | 10:21 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by tradosaurus
...It's just a matter of fact that the older you get the more your reactionary skills decline.
I don't know about that.
According to the OP, the driver appeared to be in his 70s-80s and went from 50mph to a complete stop in 30 feet while the much younger driver with mad skillz could not accomplish same.
Maybe I misunderstood, here is the text:

...we were going 50mph...do you really think i had that much time to stop in about 30 feet hell no....this guy was in his 70's if not 80s...

Old 09-30-2010 | 10:34 AM
Originally Posted by Raoul
I don't know about that.
According to the OP, the driver appeared to be in his 70s-80s and went from 50mph to a complete stop in 30 feet while the much younger driver with mad skillz could not accomplish same.
Maybe I misunderstood, here is the text:
Actually the OP showed extraordinary skill for avoiding a rear end collision, assuming the accuracy of the story:

....i hit my breaks so hard...the back of my truck wheels and all came off the ground yes the rear of the truck came off the ground at the same time i turned the wheel to right to avoid him well the truck went side ways and my rear end almost clipped his rear end but thankfully the rear of the truck came down just in time to catch some pavement and skid out of the way......

Old 09-30-2010 | 10:39 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Actually the OP showed extraordinary skill for avoiding a rear end collision,...
Avoiding a rear end collision of his own making?

The OP needs to reconsider his approach to the driving condition known as 'Stale Green'.

Old 09-30-2010 | 11:15 AM
I'm with Mud Digger on this one, I'd have been mad as heck too.
there's a point where over-cautious becomes dangerous. Not only that, but drivers like that really tick me off

Old 09-30-2010 | 11:32 AM
I'm not defending the OP as there were a number of things he could have done to avoid the situation in general. I will comment, however, that there is an age at which your senses and cognitive abilities start to fail you, and perhaps you shouldn't drive.

My sister was taking the kids to get ice cream, and at the shop, a woman in her 80's backed right into her jeep, didn't even realize it, and proceeded to gas it and drag her rear bumper all the way down the side of my sister's jeep. By this point people in the parking lot were shouting at her to stop, and she didn't realize it until my mother was pounding on her window. Police were called, and the lady refused to get out of her car and was argumentative with the cop, she got a ticket, and when she went to leave the cop stopped traffic for her, she backed into another car, and took off, almost hitting some children in the process. Cop took off after her. The whole time she denied that she'd even hit the car.

Old 09-30-2010 | 11:37 AM
Global Moderator &
Received 56 Likes on 52 Posts
Anyone who had to do what the OP did to avoid a rear end collision was:
A. Following too close.
B. Not paying attention.
C. All of the above.
There is simply no other explanation. And, had the collision occurred, I know who the police would have found "at fault".

- Jack

Old 09-30-2010 | 11:38 AM
Well I have to agree somewhat with Muddigger. I use extra caution when I see an old person driving near me who is trying to peer over the steering wheel or looks like they have one foot in the grave.

And trying to follow the rules keeping a "safe" distance only creates a gap for someone else to pull into if your driving in the city.

IMO, anyone over 75 should have to pass a hands on driving test every year. It's just a matter of fact that the older you get the more your reactionary skills decline.
We can just add another revision to the Bible to allow us to stone those old drivers to death along with those disobedient women. Heck they may even be the same person at times!

Old 09-30-2010 | 11:42 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LERN HOW TO ****ING DRIVE...so i'm going through newton about ready to go through the light by lowes heading towards like shopright or what ever the guy in front of me is just about at the white line to go through the light..the light turns yellow...the mother ****er stomped on his breaks with me just a few car lengths behind him so i stomped on mine..i hit my breaks so hard...the back of my truck wheels and all came off the ****ing ground yes the rear of the truck came off the ground at the same time i turned the wheel to right to avoid him well the truck went side ways and my rear end almost clipped his rear end but thankfully the rear of the truck came down just in time to catch some pavement and skid out of the way..ive never gotten out of the truck to yell at anyone well you bet i did i wanted to pull that old mother ****er out of his truck and give him a real *** wooping ****ing old mother ****ers shouldnt have there damn license i yelled at him so long the light turned red again after it turned green..held up quite a bit of traffic
Grow up.

Old 09-30-2010 | 11:48 AM
Suspended
You can't rip out your rear end because of stupidity and turn around and call someone else a bad driver and expect to get away with it.

And if you back tires REALLY came of the ground (We all know they didn't) then you need to get some rear BRAKES.

Last edited by dlenkewich; 09-30-2010 at 11:51 AM.

Quick Reply: Need to vent OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE