Need to vent OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2010 | 03:18 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll learn when you grow older to increase your following distance....usually the outcome of tailgating is you hit them (your fault and your money) or you actually stop...and the person behind you hits you.

Either way you are out money, time and your vehicle. If you're lucky no one is hurt...and in the end...the person in front of you that you were so pissed at still leaves one step ahead of you.

Increase your distance and relax....in 3 minutes, you'll never see the person you were so mad at ever again and life will go on.

Old 09-30-2010 | 03:30 PM
Originally Posted by MUD DIGGER
we were going 50mph...do you really think i had that much time to stop in about 30 feet hell no....sorry for the guys on here about 50 years old but this guy was in his 70's if not 80s..i did nothing wrong yellow light means cation not f'n stop right away JC
Yup, thats right. Yellow lights mean caution, it's job is to warn you that the light is about to Turn Red. It doesn't mean that your supposed to hurry up and race through it before it turns red. Which is apparently what you were looking to do.

Old 09-30-2010 | 03:43 PM
Thread of the week

I wish I could stop hard enough to float the rear of my truck.

Old 09-30-2010 | 04:07 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by mlamprey
...Yellow light... doesn't mean that your supposed to hurry up and race through it before it turns red.
'Starman' 1984, Jeff Bridges

Jeff is from outer space, learns earth moves from observation.
Kidnapped woman accelerates thru a yellow light.
When he's driving he also gets a yellow light and like she did, floors it,
only his yellow light is two blocks away.

Old 09-30-2010 | 04:26 PM
To the OP, I didn't read every post but gotta say you haven't got a leg to stand on bro. Sorry, you obviously were following too close, and supposed to be aware of other drivers etc., defensive driving. I know what you're saying, but would of kept it to myself and not started a thread basically shooting yourself in the foot. Believe me, old people plus driving don't mix, especially when they turn into oncoming traffic and look at you like you're doing something wrong????? Good thing nothing worse happened.

Old 09-30-2010 | 04:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have to say I want to know how to do a stoppie in my truck too..

You were totally in the wrong.. Safe Distance 2 Seconds or more the faster your going the more distance you need..

Now get off my lawn you young whipper Snappers...

Old 09-30-2010 | 04:49 PM
Stoppie- is where you stop on the front tire and balance it
Endo- is where you roll on the front tire on balance point

Stoppie- Brake until you are slow enough to stop the bike on the front tire and balance it. Start really slow and work your speed up, so that way you won't loop out. Arms straight and knees griping the bike.

THIS IS KEY- You squeeze the front brake(not yank) until the forks compress most of the way and then squeeze harder to lift the back up. Squeeze more to go higher and if you go to high let go of the brake. If you do not compress the suspension first you will either wash the front out or just loop it.

Endo- Roll at 25+ mph squeeze the brake compress the forks, squeeze harder to lift the rear and roll on the front tire. To keep it up there modulate the front brake and if you want a soft landind let it down while you are still moving. Arms straight and knees griping the bike. You may start at a slower MPH and work your way up. If it only rolls a few feet increase your speed each time until you are rolling like a pimp.

That was copied from another forum, its just one of my pet peeves. He obviously is lying about doing a Endo not a stoppie

Last edited by birddog_61; 09-30-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2010 | 05:24 PM
Originally Posted by MUD DIGGER
"the mother ****er ..." "... the ****ing ..." "... ****ing old mother..." "...****ers"
Great way to respect the ederlys !

Old 09-30-2010 | 05:45 PM
From: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Look here muddypants as a older person to a younger person MAN UP dude seriously. remember at one time this older gentleman was as young as you and may be even more tolerant of older drivers in his day.

Now he is elderly and at this time of his life he NEEDS to drive more because he is old (you will be someday) and cannot walk, run or crawl as he once could. I think you should suck this one up and chalk it up to experience and move on through life. i have been behind in front on the side of many Aler folks and i cut them as much slack as they need to get through life, so should you.... Take what has been said here and learn something.

It sucks to get old but it sucks worse to be old and sit home doing nothing because your Independence is gone because you are not allowed to drive because young folks like yourself are to selfish and mean try cut a senior some slack.

bite me

Old 09-30-2010 | 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Buckdropper still has his license. I hope he doesn't see this thread.

Old 09-30-2010 | 06:15 PM
Next time ya get the back tires off the ground you need to YouTube it!

If you "go for the gold" on a daily basis you'll get turned into an oil slick real quick the first time your just a hair slow down here. People rev up to launch at green lights.

Also, if ALL old people are supposedly bad drivers then why is my insurance over double what my grandfather's and father's is?

Last edited by Longshot270; 09-30-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 09-30-2010 | 06:26 PM
From: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W
Originally Posted by MTM Ford
I think Buckdropper still has his license. I hope he doesn't see this thread.
I do i have a CDL class A nys license and just renewed on my b-day i am good for 10 more years...

dam kids i tell ya...... i'm not old i'm fiftyx

BITE ME

Old 09-30-2010 | 07:02 PM
Technical Article Contributor
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I venture to say that the old man is counting his blessings that a young punk puke didn't **** hole him!
After he has changed his depends while complaining to his wife about "kids these days"

Take a moment and pause to reflect on the situation.....

Driving is a privalage.
Respect it and you'll drive safer......

Old 09-30-2010 | 07:59 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mud Digger, I think it's time to accept defeat.

Take your pick:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJxCdh1Ps48
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A

- NCSU

Old 09-30-2010 | 09:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the old dude had capped his ***, I don't think any court would have convicted him. An 80 year old guy being blistered by some punk with road rage... if he was in fear of his life, he meets the standard of self-defense. Think about that next time you feel you need to vent your road rage. When you're driving a 5,000 lb. truck, you need to know your limitations. Obviously the OP doesn't and blames others for his lack of driving skill.

Quick Reply: Need to vent OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE