Need to vent OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010 | 02:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Titan357
I kind of agree with the op, depending on the time of day.

Driving (for me) from home-work-home is a chore.

The traffic is jammed packed, and if you leave space (like some one else said) then another car/truck will just squeeze in that spot.

Example.

yesterday, I was going home. I was behind a 90's model ford ranger in the left lane, passing a line of slower cars in the right lane, and a few large trucks.

A silver mustang (v-6) gets RIGHT on top of me, (we are not even doing the speed limit f.y.i) This guy is so close I bet he is about 2' from my hitch step, I can tell you that he was wearing a brown dress jacket, black tie and white shirt, has short black hair and he had his drivers window down.

Well, this guy is tailgating me, so I speed up hoping to persuade the ranger in front of me to speed up (at least to the speed limit) or get over when he can.

So now, here I am with a mustang up my ***, my close to a ranger and a line of traffic on my right. Behind the mustang some other car and a few more behind it.

Would it really have been so hard for the guy to at LEAST drive the speed limit?

So we get a little room and a open spot on the right, the mustang squeezes by me and goes on under and past the light.

The guy in front of me acts like he is going to go on (we are right on top of the light) makes it HALF way in the intersection and Friggin STOPS!

W.T.F?
I would have gently tapped my brakes to warn the Mustang behind me and then if that didn't work slowly start reducing my speed so either he passes me or gets off my tail or both.

Then I start tailgating him.

Old 10-01-2010 | 02:28 PM
Nothing grinds my gears more than idiots talking on the cell phone in the passing lane. In texas the left lane is for passing only. I HATE having to go around people in the slow lane. 75% of the time when I finally get to passing them, they are on the cell phone. And its not like they cant see me.

Old 10-01-2010 | 02:36 PM
Truck of the Month
Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Zaairman

Originally Posted by kobiashi
Announcer: "Bud Light presents Real Men of Genius"

Background Singer: "Real Men of Genius"

Announcer: "Today we salute you, Mr. Road Rage Who Can Defy the Laws of Physics and Intimidates the Elderly Guy"

Background Singer: "Mr. Road Rage Who Can Defy the Laws of Physics and Intimidates the Elderly Guy"

Announcer: "Driving on the public highways and byways requires an awareness of everything happening around you. It requires you to drive defensively and to be as safe as possible . . . except for you, because you're awesome and the rules of the road don't apply to you."

Background Singer: "It's all about me."

Announcer: "In fact, you're so awesome even the rules of physics don't apply to you because somehow, in spite of Newton's Laws of Motion, you did a stoppie in a pickup truck while traveling only 50 something miles an hour, and then, while the back end was airborne somehow managed to turn the vehicle."

Background Singer: "Mathematics is overrated!"

Announcer: "And even though your claims of extraordinary breaking prowess seem like hyperbole. . . "

Background Singer: "I stopped from light speed"

Announcer: "You weren't content with that so you decided to threaten an elderly person."

Background Singer: "Look out, here I come!"

Announcer: "And in an awesome display of coolness you intimidated an 80 year old man and held up traffic through an entire light cycle to do it."

Background Singer: "I'm cooler than Steven Seagal!"

Announcer: "And then went and bragged about it on a truck forum. "

Background Singer: "Hey, look at me!"

Announcer: "With this one display of anger management problems and poor driving skills you have single handedly re-affirmed the whole Guido-Gangsta-Jersey Shore-Wiseguy stereotype that New Jerseyites have been trying to shake for decades."

Background Singer (In stereotypical Jersey accent): "Yo, waddaya gonna do about it?"

Announcer: "You probably think Snookie is hot."

Background Singer: "I wanna tap me some of that."

Announcer: "So grab a Bud Light Mr. "I need to pick on old people to re-affirm my virility", and do it quick because with your personality traits it means you're probably going to end up in prison before the age of twenty-five, and they won't have beer there."

Background Singer: "Mr. Road Rage Who Can Defy the Laws of Physics and Intimidates the Elderly Guy."

Announcer:"Bud Light Beer, Anheuser-Busch, Saint Louis, Missouri."

Old 10-01-2010 | 02:55 PM
Originally Posted by glc
I think you are forgetting one VERY important concept - the speed limit is MAXIMUM allowed speed, not MINIMUM!!!! Yes, it's rude to drive under the limit in a "passing" lane, but it is NOT illegal! However, it *IS* illegal to drive OVER the speed limit in *ANY* lane.
It IS illegal in some states.

http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

Old 10-01-2010 | 02:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
kobiashi:

you 'da man!

Old 10-01-2010 | 03:14 PM
Kobi - You made my day!

Hilarious!

Old 10-01-2010 | 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by 79f150
I am sorry but you are wrong on this. no matter what, no one was there. it is different in any situation and in mine I was clearly 5 car lengths behind, there were skid marks left to back me up.. and yes i know skid marks.. ( i was going 55) remember that.
Its pretty dang simple if you are close enough that you hit the vehicle in front when they stop for any reason then you are to close, it doesn't matter if there is ice on the road or snow or if you leave 500' of skid mark you are to close.

Old 10-01-2010 | 08:35 PM
Received 42 Likes on 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Raoul
He was tailgating, no doubt about it...

Man those are 11 angry looking old geezers. One more and they'd have enough for a jury.

Old 10-01-2010 | 08:50 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by serotta
Man those are 11 angry looking old geezers. One more and they'd have enough for a jury.
and they were staring at the most angry of them all.

they don't make em like those guys anymore.

Old 10-01-2010 | 09:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Announcer: "Today we salute you, Mr. Road Rage Who Can Defy the Laws of Physics and Intimidates the Elderly Guy"

Background Singer: "Mr. Road Rage Who Can Defy the Laws of Physics and Intimidates the Elderly Guy"

Announcer: "Driving on the public highways and byways requires an awareness of everything happening around you. It requires you to drive defensively and to be as safe as possible . . . except for you, because you're awesome and the rules of the road don't apply to you."

Announcer: "In fact, you're so awesome even the rules of physics don't apply to you because somehow, in spite of Newton's Laws of Motion, you did a stoppie in a pickup truck while traveling only 50 something miles an hour, and then, while the back end was airborne somehow managed to turn the vehicle."

Announcer: "And even though your claims of extraordinary breaking prowess seem like hyperbole. . . "

Announcer: "You weren't content with that so you decided to threaten an elderly person."

Announcer: "And in an awesome display of coolness you intimidated an 80 year old man and held up traffic through an entire light cycle to do it."

Announcer: "With this one display of anger management problems and poor driving skills you have single handedly re-affirmed the whole Guido-Gangsta-Jersey Shore-Wiseguy stereotype that New Jerseyites have been trying to shake for decades."

Background Singer (In stereotypical Jersey accent): "Yo, waddaya gonna do about it?"

Announcer: "So grab a Bud Light Mr. "I need to pick on old people to re-affirm my virility", and do it quick because with your personality traits it means you're probably going to end up in prison before the age of twenty-five, and they won't have beer there."

Background Singer: "Mr. Road Rage Who Can Defy the Laws of Physics and Intimidates the Elderly Guy."

Post of the year...............

Old 10-01-2010 | 09:20 PM
From: south western NYS Latitude: 42.34 N, Longitude: 78.46 W

NICE!!!

Old 10-01-2010 | 09:28 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Titan357
I kind of agree with the op, depending on the time of day.

Driving (for me) from home-work-home is a chore.

The traffic is jammed packed, and if you leave space (like some one else said) then another car/truck will just squeeze in that spot.

Example.

yesterday, I was going home. I was behind a 90's model ford ranger in the left lane, passing a line of slower cars in the right lane, and a few large trucks.

A silver mustang (v-6) gets RIGHT on top of me, (we are not even doing the speed limit f.y.i) This guy is so close I bet he is about 2' from my hitch step, I can tell you that he was wearing a brown dress jacket, black tie and white shirt, has short black hair and he had his drivers window down.

Well, this guy is tailgating me, so I speed up hoping to persuade the ranger in front of me to speed up (at least to the speed limit) or get over when he can.

So now, here I am with a mustang up my ***, my close to a ranger and a line of traffic on my right. Behind the mustang some other car and a few more behind it.

Would it really have been so hard for the guy to at LEAST drive the speed limit?

So we get a little room and a open spot on the right, the mustang squeezes by me and goes on under and past the light.

The guy in front of me acts like he is going to go on (we are right on top of the light) makes it HALF way in the intersection and Friggin STOPS!

W.T.F?
Speed doesn't solve anything.

I can go 10 above the speed limit and there's still a punk riding up my ***. Makes me want to huck a brick out the window and bean him.

Old 10-01-2010 | 09:37 PM
Suspended
7 pages of (mostly)***-handing.

Bet he'll think twice before posting about *just about* hitting a geezer again.

Old 10-01-2010 | 09:39 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dlenkewich
I can go 10 above the speed limit and there's still a punk riding up my ***. Makes me want to huck a brick out the window and bean him.
I've often wondered what would happen to the tailgater behind me if I tossed a few paintballs out the sunroof....

- NCSU

Old 10-01-2010 | 10:05 PM
Originally Posted by Raoul
and they were staring at the most angry of them all.

they don't make em like those guys anymore.

I know it's not his seminal role but every time I see Lee J. Cobb all I can think of is role as Cramden in the Flint movies.

Z.O.W.I.E. (and if anyone remembers what that means - without looking it up - I'll b impressed)

Quick Reply: Need to vent OLD PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN HOW TO DRIVE