when will the price top out

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tarajerame
I work with a guy who has a CRV and another who own an accord, I drove 'em each once, it was an awful experience each time and I will never willingly purchase a honda product...
Like I say....to each their own. We traded her 04 CRV for a new Exploder back in 06.....now THAT was a horrible, expensive experience! I dont ever see myself buying another Ford SUV. I like the looks of the Edge but unfortunately that memory will never leave me. But, to get back on topic, there is no way I could ever spend that kind of money on a new Edge anyway.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:59 PM
Originally Posted by Drick
And if you keep sending your money to Japan then you wont have a job to make money in the future..
Actually our 2010 CRV was built about 50 miles from where we live, bud. I know several people who work at that plant so its good to I am helping keep locals employed with good paying jobs.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:00 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Actually, I think we are at the high-water mark for truck prices.

The economy is in the tank right now, and oil is still going for around $80.00 a barrel. With the slightest hint of an upturn in the world economy, oil prices will start to jump and we will quickly be looking at $3.00 - $4.00 per gallon gasoline, which will largely limit trucks sales to folks who really need a truck for work.

Much of the truck market over the past 10-15 years was driven by folks using trucks for everyday transportation -- fine when gas was $1.50 a gallon, but economically unfeasible at the gas prices we will see in the near future.....

Old 10-30-2010, 10:53 PM
It won't matter soon. Once the Teabaggers leaders get done (the Koch Brothers) we will have a more pure version of capitalism!

We then will have an economy more like Mexico where about 2 dozen families control virtually all the wealth and us peasants will be going burro back or driving 20 year old Ford Lobos!

Old 10-31-2010, 07:34 AM
I agree ddellwo, plus the stupid new CAFE standards will demand better overall MGP for the manufacturers.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by K-Mac Attack
It won't matter soon. Once the Teabaggers leaders get done (the Koch Brothers) we will have a more pure version of capitalism!

We then will have an economy more like Mexico where about 2 dozen families control virtually all the wealth and us peasants will be going burro back or driving 20 year old Ford Lobos!
Please stop 'contributing' to this forum, your ignorant responses are nothing more but F150online's own vomitorium.

Trucks are so expensive because the government regulates what the manufacturer can and cannot produce. I highly doubt that Ford is making a whole hell of a lot of money on their trucks. They are probably only marked up 10ish% and most of that goes to dropping the price to get them off the lot.

Old 10-31-2010, 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by FX41
Please stop 'contributing' to this forum, your ignorant responses are nothing more but F150online's own vomitorium.

Trucks are so expensive because the government regulates what the manufacturer can and cannot produce. I highly doubt that Ford is making a whole hell of a lot of money on their trucks. They are probably only marked up 10ish% and most of that goes to dropping the price to get them off the lot.

People like you are the problem with people who claim to be conservatives. Many are willing to debate their positions no matter how wrong they may be.

There are a few here, like yourself, that know your position in the argument is wrong and based on stupidity but can't admit it. Rather than having your position exposed for what it is, you just want to shut everyone up that speaks something that isn't in support of the hate and venom you preach.

Man up and support your position rather than trying to suppress the views of others. you claim to support the Constitution (oh wait...only when it supports your view).

Old 10-31-2010, 02:42 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
People like you are the problem with people who claim to be conservatives. Many are willing to debate their positions no matter how wrong they may be.

There are a few here, like yourself, that know your position in the argument is wrong and based on stupidity but can't admit it. Rather than having your position exposed for what it is, you just want to shut everyone up that speaks something that isn't in support of the hate and venom you preach.

Man up and support your position rather than trying to suppress the views of others. you claim to support the Constitution (oh wait...only when it supports your view).
Blah, blah, blah -- after 2 years of your boy Obama in office, everyone and their brother has had more than enough of your Leftist BS -- see you on Tuesday!!!!

Old 10-31-2010, 05:22 PM

... K-Mac... Making threads political because he has nothing better to do with his time...

Old 10-31-2010, 05:24 PM

And for the record. You are the one who is wrong.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:29 PM
To get back on topic, I think the prices of truck and cars will continue to rise at a rate above inflation until it becomes unprofitable to have them continue to rise. That means as long as banks continue to increase term lengths for car loans there is no reason to keep the prices in line with inflation. Other than price competition from other manufacturers, there is no downward pressure on prices. A similar problem is occurring in another sector of the country.

Look at the base model of many new cars and trucks they have many features that 10 or 15 years ago were only available on the top of the line product (if they had even been invented yet). I challenge any of you to find a basic car that only has four wheels, no radio or A/C, a standard transmission, etc. Essentially a basic car today has many more features than the basic car of a few years ago.

Old 10-31-2010, 08:29 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 260 Likes on 251 Posts
My opinion -- take it or leave it...

I find that it is absolutely nonsense to banish manual transmissions. I've found throughout my driving experience, manual has taught me to be a much better driver and it offers way less to break down. It also is much cheaper to produce a manual transmission than an automatic, no matter how you slice it. Having an automatic transmission is a luxury in my opinion. In fact, since more and more vehicles are coming automatic as a base option, more people are doing really dumb things. The biggest thing on the news lately around is people leaving them in reverse or drive and crashing into buildings and people. We've had a couple buildings in my area destroyed because of these foolish things. On top of all of this, I've been in a couple CDL license training classes, and asked many truck drivers what is safer, they've all said manual transmissions. Plus they still offer the best fuel economy. They make you way more aware of what is around you. They also keep you in tune of the engine. As in you can tell when your engine isn't running right or what not. Also, the manual transmission allows you to keep your engine running in a lower power band when not needed. I can speak of this from personal experience, especially in city driving. I don't know how many times I'm driving an automatic vehicle, and it is revving at 2k for no reason, when it can stay at 1500 or lower rpms, or near idle rpm to acheive great fuel economy when needing only a few horsepower to keep a steady pace in traffic.

If you've been driving for a long time, you notice these little things.

It's so sad that people nowadays don't know how to drive a standard. To me manual transmission is still the only way to drive. I'm not oldschool, but everyone I hang out with would love some of these newer vehicles to be offered with stick. I don't blame them. It's not so much the fun, but it's the fact that you are in tune with the vehicle and not just a passenger. Anyone can drive an automatic... just turn the key and put it in drive.

I just love the feel when I'm driving and I'm in control of the vehicle dynamics, knowing that you are in control and not computers.

I can't even justify ever buying a new truck... without the standard, I just don't feel welcome for the money I would pay.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:53 PM
WTF does any of that incoherent babbling about manual transmissions have anything to do with the cost of trucks?

Old 10-31-2010, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by ManualF150
My opinion -- take it or leave it...
^guess he left it....

Old 10-31-2010, 10:37 PM
The problem is that no one wants vehicles that are basically equipped. I worked at a Dodge Dealership while in college as a salesman. We had a Neon that had crank windows, manual transmission, A/C delete and was as plain Jane as they get. It was brand new but 2 model years old still sitting there. They couldn't give it away. We were offered a bonus to move this thing and still no one could sell it!

It used to be a 4 year loan was long...then it went to 5 years...now we have 6, 7 and even 8 year loans on cars. For those that can't afford those terms, I have even seen 5+ year leases that have huge balloon payments at the end! If the banks will finance them, people will buy them at any cost.

No one asks how much the car is, they ask how much a month?

Quick Reply: when will the price top out