Man sues BMW for Perpetual Woody - and this is a problem why ??? lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Odin's Wrath
Honestly, I don't think it's so hard to keep to the correct side of the line. Sure,
the line has moved over the years, but it's never been a "free for all" site.

No argument here, and I concur.

It's just difficult to maintain compliance when you don't know where the current line is at any given time ...

MGD

Old 05-03-2012, 01:34 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan

It's just difficult to maintain compliance when you don't know where the current line is at any given time ...

MGD
That's what I've struggled with. The line seems blurry sometimes. There have been times that things I've posted got whacked when I kinda, sorta figgered something else I said that I perceived to be 'worse' would've gotten the mod edit but was allowed to stay.

I reckon that's where the disconnect lies. Differ'nt strokes fer differ'nt folks, I reckon.

Old 05-03-2012, 01:53 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan

MGD
The line has not changed whatsoever. We want to be a truck site first. A place where people come to learn about their trucks, share what they have and have done and help others with problems. In doing that, we realize there needs to be general discussion and miscellaneous forums, but they are not why we are here. Over the entire site, we have a list of a few words that are not tolerated, including mutations of those words. We also intend to limit sexual content. Invariably when threads head that direction, sooner or later, someone has to test it by going farther and we end up having to call it to a halt.

What some of you don't seem to get or understand is that even as a moderator, we might handle things differently were it our own site, but it isn't and we try the best we know how to follow our guidelines and keep things on an even keel. There are other sites out there where pretty well anything goes and this site wants to set itself apart from that. If someone feels too restricted, they should check out those other sites and see if one suites them better. We have many members that are here just because this site is "friendlier and cleaner". We also have members here that are pretty high up at Ford and we have received recognition for what the site accomplishes.

Since we are a site operated for profit, and exist for advertising purposes, I guarantee that IB would make an overhaul, should we not be doing things as they wish. I have made this same or a similar speech in the past, but I hope it helps some, especially with the newer members.

Last edited by Bluejay; 05-03-2012 at 02:13 PM. Reason: typos
Old 05-03-2012, 01:58 PM
Global Moderator &
Super Moderator
Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by DewserB
That's what I've struggled with. The line seems blurry sometimes. There have been times that things I've posted got whacked when I kinda, sorta figgered something else I said that I perceived to be 'worse' would've gotten the mod edit but was allowed to stay.

I reckon that's where the disconnect lies. Differ'nt strokes fer differ'nt folks, I reckon.
It's going to be blurry when you have 3 or 4 mods that have different levels of tolerance and may even have a different level of female hormones kicking in on any given day. That is just a given. Also, we don't see EVERYthing. I may see something months later and wonder how that survived, and it will be because none of us saw it. The thing is, don't push it and you have nothing to worry about.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
nothing to do here....

Last edited by 1997 lariat 4.6; 05-03-2012 at 04:19 PM. Reason: re-read previous posts and dont care to get into trouble with the mods...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
That's what I've struggled with. The line seems blurry sometimes.
Hate when that happens. Usually spend the night in the tank.

Old 05-03-2012, 09:12 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Originally Posted by jbrew
Hate when that happens. Usually spend the night in the tank.
LMAO!!!

How did I know that was coming? Hahaha!!

Old 05-03-2012, 09:34 PM

LMAO!!!

How did I know that was coming? Hahaha!!

Well, it's a trick. - They tell you to walk that straight line and I couldn't find the damn thing sober, let alone after a few pops.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:19 PM
TRUCK OF THE YEAR 2013

Ever watch Andy Griffith? Remember Otis? Well, this reminds me of an episode where Barney arrested Otis (along with everybody else in town). So, Andy questions Otis, and it goes thusly:

Barney Fife: Andy, I've this one dead to rights! Otis was drunk. I even gave him a test. I drew a line on the sidewalk and told him to walk it. You know what he said?
Andy Taylor: What?
Barney Fife: He asked me what line. I've got this one right, Andy. Otis was drunk!
Andy Taylor: That right, Otis? Did you ask Deputy Fife what line?
Otis Campbell: Yeah; but I didn't have my specs on and drunk or sober, I can't see much without my specs.
Andy Taylor: Otis, three hours ago when Deputy Fife arrested you were you drunk?
Otis Campbell: I don't know; I wasn't wearin' my glasses.

Best show to ever grace television!

Old 05-03-2012, 10:33 PM

Ever watch Andy Griffith? Remember Otis? Well, this reminds me of an episode where Barney arrested Otis (along with everybody else in town). So, Andy questions Otis, and it goes thusly:

Barney Fife: Andy, I've this one dead to rights! Otis was drunk. I even gave him a test. I drew a line on the sidewalk and told him to walk it. You know what he said?
Andy Taylor: What?
Barney Fife: He asked me what line. I've got this one right, Andy. Otis was drunk!
Andy Taylor: That right, Otis? Did you ask Deputy Fife what line?
Otis Campbell: Yeah; but I didn't have my specs on and drunk or sober, I can't see much without my specs.
Andy Taylor: Otis, three hours ago when Deputy Fife arrested you were you drunk?
Otis Campbell: I don't know; I wasn't wearin' my glasses.

Best show to ever grace television!
Yea, A favorite for sure lol.

Quick Reply: Man sues BMW for Perpetual Woody - and this is a problem why ??? lol