Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2001, 12:51 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Pickup Man
Go `Canes!
finally, another canes fan!

Old 10-18-2001, 01:31 AM
Donate..make this the 3rd Canes fan in here. OK and for the pot stirrers..if losing to Washington is your justification for the Canes not playing OU..then how do you reason Florida State playing in the title game, considering the fact that MIAMI BEAT THEM!! Miami, along with OU last year were the only teams to beat a #1 and #2 team at the time they played them..Miami beat then #1 FSU and then #2 VT, OU beating then #1 Nebraska and then #2 Kansas St. Come on pot stirrers I want some REAL reasons how you can say Miami didn't get the shaft last year. Heck, the BCS even realized this fact and actually tweaked the system this year.

Last edited by 99RedWV; 10-18-2001 at 01:33 AM.
Old 10-18-2001, 03:14 AM
I never said Maimi didn't get the shaft last year, all I'm saying is that they can't beat OU or NB or hell even Texas for that matter. BIG 12, nuff said. I'll admit when my team(KSU) doesn't even deserve to play football but you guys can't seem to acknowledge you have a weak conferance. And can you honestly say that Miami has a tough schedual compared to OU or NB? Come on there's no comparison. FSU is overanked and I've never given Washington much respect... Well you do play VT, But they aren't THAT great. Let's compare, OU,NB,CU,KSU,Texas. or you have FSU, Washington,and VT. No comparison.......Pot stirred

Last edited by lightninginvegas; 10-18-2001 at 03:28 AM.
Old 10-18-2001, 05:33 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just hope they make it this year. Ken Dorsey is too good of a leader to end up not playing in a Championship Game.

Old 10-18-2001, 10:54 AM
ISU ISU ISU!!!!!

Iowa State University that is

Maybe I'm a little biased, I dunno.

Only game we've lost so far this year is to Nebraska. We did take Baylor to school when they were up here, 41-0. It was a long game for them.

Old 10-18-2001, 11:40 AM
Talking

Its all about the WAC(western area confrence) and the Fresno State Bulldogs! Gotta represent the home town team.

Old 10-18-2001, 12:39 PM
lightningvegas,
i do agree with you that our conference really doesnt put up a lot of competition in comparison to the big 12, but you cant say taht miami couldnt have beaten OU or nebraska or even texas just because theyre in a weaker conference. thats just how nobody thought that OU would beat nebraska last year, and they pulled it off (that was a great game!). all im saying is that you just never know, and if miami does go all the way to the championship, then that will be their real test to see if they can come out on top. man, i love football!!!!

Old 10-18-2001, 01:53 PM
99redwv......here we go again

like I said earlier in this thread , the bcs system sucks and everybody knows it.Consider this #1 Miami loses to #5 washington (early in the season) by a touchdown(?).Later in the year the washington beats the #8 Beavers by a field goal (actually it should have gone into overtime if the beavers kicker had made the feild goal at the end).Does this make Miami look good? Nope.The way I understand it, the bcs makes the rankings out by several different factors.Part of this is Strength of scheule.Now if a # 1 team loses to a # 5 team wich then barely beats a # 8 team, it makes The # 1 teams schedule look not that strong, see where I am going with this?I personally don't have anything against miami (heck they used to be favarite team,until the oregon schools started playing good football) Just remember that I personally hate the bcs system and I think there should be a playoff sytem.That would end all doubts on who the champ would be. End of discussion

Old 10-18-2001, 04:22 PM
I hate the BCS too....They say they rank off of toughness of schedual but they have Maimi #1? WTF? Even Maimi fans say that their schedual isn't as tough as OU or NB.... And I also think that anything can and does happen in College Ball but that's why I love it. Maimi is a great team and probably is capable of beating OU or NB on any givin saturday But for the purpose of this disscusion I'll go on saying that OU or NB will stomp a mudhole in thier *** I'm torn between 3 teams here.... Always been a NB and KSU fan but I really would like to see OU beat NB because I think they will have a better chance in the NC game...and when it comes down to it I want a Big 12 school to win. I'm not a fair weather fan by no means,got in many fights in junior high over NB being better then FSU in the mid 90's while I was living in wisconsin. But I just don't have much faith in NB this year.....but what the hell do I know I though KSU would be in the running this year. Rant over:Post stirred.

Old 10-19-2001, 03:27 AM
Just for the sake of discussion

Lets say that the Miami hurricanes, Oklahoma Sooners, Oregon Ducks,and Freno State all go undefeated this year (it is a possibility)Who do you think will play in the title game?I personally think it would be the canes and sooners.That does not mean that I think it is right though.Sitituations like this is why The bcs sucks.Heck, I would like to see the ducks play fresno state for the title (I know it will never happen)

Old 10-19-2001, 03:21 PM
Might I also add that Florida was #1 in the ESPN/USA Today coaches poll, UNTILL SATURDAY, when there was no need to even start chomping. I figured the rest of you at the top would give us Auburn tigers a little bit of support. We outplayed Florida from the opening kick off to the end of the game, and made one less team that could be fighting for your National Championship...War Eagle...MEEK

Old 10-19-2001, 05:06 PM
WARRRR EAGLE!!!

Meek,

That auburn florida game was UNBELIEVABLE!! I was going crazy in my seats the WHOLE game. I still can't believe that we won. A few friends of mine rushed the field afterwards, but I couldnt make it down there in time to do so. It was a great game. I can see it now-- Auburn winning the SEC and goin to BCS Bowl!!

WARR EALGE!

Hunter

Old 10-19-2001, 11:02 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Meek, I'm very happy that Auburn beat Florida. Go Tigers! (as long as you're not playing Miami, I'm all for ya!)

Old 10-20-2001, 05:22 PM
Im pissed, my bulldogs got upset last night.
now there 6-1

Old 10-20-2001, 10:42 PM
Well ISU beat Oklahoma St today....can't wait till next weekend when we get to beat the crap out of the Aggies

Bring it on!!!!!

Quick Reply: anyone watch college foorball?