anyone watch college foorball?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2001 | 01:52 AM
Miami cant beat Texas?? Well I think all logic in this thread went out the window with that statement. You cant blame Miami that the teams they place stink this year. When PSU was scheduled, they were very good. Washington is a good team despite getting hammered by UCLA. Miami plays Florida and Tennesse next year as well as Florida State so that will put an end to all the complaining about their OCC schedule. When teams are scheduled 3-4 years in advance,Miami really cant control a teams quality now can they? But the bottom line is this, you line em up, Miami knocks em down, and that will include the Big 12 team that they will play in the Rose Bowl. Sorry dude, but no way OU or Huskers roll over Miami.

Old 10-21-2001 | 02:00 AM
"Consider this #1 Miami loses to #5 washington (early in the season) by a touchdown(?)"

Miami wasnt ranked #1 at all last year, when UW beat them, Miami was ranked #4. and Washington was in the 11-15 range I cant remember. The highest Miami was ranked was #2 at the end of the season after the bowls. Now Washington was ranked that high(5) at the end of the season but not when they beat Miami

Old 10-21-2001 | 02:05 AM
Originally posted by 99RedWV
Miami cant beat Texas?? Well I think all logic in this thread went out the window with that statement. You cant blame Miami that the teams they place stink this year. When PSU was scheduled, they were very good. Washington is a good team despite getting hammered by UCLA. Miami plays Florida and Tennesse next year as well as Florida State so that will put an end to all the complaining about their OCC schedule. When teams are scheduled 3-4 years in advance,Miami really cant control a teams quality now can they? But the bottom line is this, you line em up, Miami knocks em down, and that will include the Big 12 team that they will play in the Rose Bowl. Sorry dude, but no way OU or Huskers roll over Miami.
LMAO, Denial is a terrible thing

Old 10-21-2001 | 05:42 AM
Man I'm not denying anything, UM schedule is weak this year I'm not doubting that, all I am saying is that the schedules themselves are made up years in advance and some people need to realize that.

Old 10-21-2001 | 11:33 AM
8-0............................HERE WE COME>>>>>>>>>>

I was at NU Texas Tech game last night.......glad its over and I can't wait until next Sat when I can post another victory for the HUSKERS!!!!!!

Don't get me started on the ol Miami thing, I'll be the first one to say that the Big 12 conference ROCKS, NU, KU, CU, OU, Texas, ISU up an coming, I think we should just let the season take its course. I would go as far as saying Miami will knock em all down, we'll just wait and see!!!! Since Miami took this week off I think so should their "Athletic Supporters"

GOOOOOOO BIG RED!!!!!!!!

Old 10-21-2001 | 01:21 PM
I wanna see the Husker/OU game next weekend. That one should be really good. Gotta try and find the ISU/T A&M game 1st.

Old 10-21-2001 | 01:53 PM
Texas A&M ......WHOOP '03
Even though i still think we are going to win the big 12 ....all i have to say is we were only supposed to win 4 games this season and we are already 6-1 ......and might i add that colorado got lucky ......

Old 10-21-2001 | 03:04 PM
I'm an University of Michigan fan myself. We should be among the top 5 this year except for a couple of freak plays against Washington earlier this year... Michigan played that game in a classic Michigan way, ball control and denying big plays until the blocked field goal and freaky tipped interception...

My girlfriend is University of Miami grad and I always tease her about that. As I tell her, Miami's season depends on two things: strength of schedule and the parole board. And how Miami's media day takes twice as long because players keep posing for two pictures, one face shot, and one profile... And when my girlfriend asked me why they had phones on Miami's sidelines, I told her that the players had to check in with their probation officers once a day, etc.

Old 10-21-2001 | 04:59 PM
Thought up some more...

Did you hear Miami canceled their media day? They heard America's Most Wanted was on that day so why bother.

Old 10-21-2001 | 05:23 PM
OK for a little background info my dad went to OU, my mom did, my girlfriend does, I am transferring there in the spring, and my little bro starts in the fall. I do have Barry Switer and Brian Bozworths autograph back when the OU dynasty was still in effect. And have been to at least1 home game a season, if I didnt have season tickets that year. So I am not justr jumping on the bandwagon like a lot of sooner fans, I have been a sooner fan and proud of it through thick and thin, no matter where I lived. So with that said GO SOONERS!!! In all honestly since they lost Josh Hypel they haven't ben as strong. Howerver they do have an awesome defense, but the offense needs a little work, we are using our second string QB, White who shows a lot of prpmise and has been playing in Hybel's place and doing a decent job as he is only a soph. If OU keeps having good luck w/ a few improvements they can keep the title of national champions

"SOONER BORN, SOONER BRED, WHEN I DIE I'LL BE SOONER DEAD' E'nuf said

Old 10-21-2001 | 05:24 PM
Oh god, the Miami jail takes are so tired. Butch Davis came in and totally cleaned that program up several years ago after the NCAA came down with the sanctions on them.

Old 10-21-2001 | 05:26 PM
Oh and if you want to get cute, isn't it true that if you want to play at Nebraska you have to beat the living snot out of your girlfriend, or atleast drag her down some stairs??

Old 10-21-2001 | 11:03 PM
Thumbs down Darnit

Well, I have the bad news.The ducks aren't undefeated anymore.They lost their game saturday.Gone is the longest running home winning streak in the ncaa (23 games).No title game for them this year. WEll, thats college football-anything can happen and usually does.

I personally think the pac 10 is alot stronger division than anybody will give them credit for.Usually the last week of the season ends up deciding who will be crowned pac 10 champ.Anyway, hpoe everybodys teams keep on winning (unless they play my team)

Old 10-22-2001 | 06:35 AM
Not to be a smarta$$...but did you really expect Oregon to run the table?? That defense is horrid and Harrington can only engineer so many 4th quarter comebacks.

Old 10-22-2001 | 05:20 PM
Go Va Tech! Miami will get a tasty beat-down and Tech will hopefully not get BCS-screwed!

Quick Reply: anyone watch college foorball?