anyone watch college foorball?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2001 | 06:03 PM
|
Originally posted by slaughterj
Go Va Tech! Miami will get a tasty beat-down and Tech will hopefully not get BCS-screwed!
thats a negative. sorry man, but VT is about to get a beatdown .

Old 10-22-2001 | 06:09 PM
VT?? Lol, I cant wait to see the look on Coach Beamers face once Dorsey and the boys start piling on the points on that so called superior defense.

Old 10-22-2001 | 06:19 PM
Originally posted by slaughterj
Go Va Tech! Miami will get a tasty beat-down and Tech will hopefully not get BCS-screwed!
Should also be a good game but as much as I'd like to see VT beat them I just dont' think it's gonna happen.

Old 10-22-2001 | 11:46 PM
Just saw the BCS standings..... Can't wait to hear what you Maimi fans think about them. #1 OU, #2 NB, gotta love it Won't be that way for long though, somebodys got to lose

Old 10-23-2001 | 01:40 AM
At this point in the season, the BCS standings mean absolutely NOTHING. Yes, my Canes are #4 but it doesnt matter even if they were #1. OU and Nebraska will knock each other off this weekend and in the Big 12 championship and UCLA will pull one of their choke jobs just like they did in 99 when they went down to the Orange Bowl and lost. When the dust settles there will only be one undefeated team in the nation at seasons end....The Miami Hurricanes!!!!!! Rose Bowl and National Title Bound!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2001 | 03:28 AM
actually yes

I did expect them to run the table this year-their hardest game would be against UCLA.Their defense isn't terrible, its just not the best,kinda middle of the road.A good coach could find holes in it and a way to beat them.At any rate, to have 2 punts blocked in one game is totally unacceptable.Special teams can and will make or break a game.

BTW, if the pac 10 is so weak, why wouldn't they be able to run the table?

On another note, I am glad to see that Erickson (beavers coach) has started giving the true freshmen quarterback playing time. I know this means that he has pretty much given up hope on this season, but he is willing to use it to get players ready for next year.

Old 10-23-2001 | 05:01 AM
Originally posted by 99RedWV
At this point in the season, the BCS standings mean absolutely NOTHING. Yes, my Canes are #4 but it doesnt matter even if they were #1. OU and Nebraska will knock each other off this weekend and in the Big 12 championship and UCLA will pull one of their choke jobs just like they did in 99 when they went down to the Orange Bowl and lost. When the dust settles there will only be one undefeated team in the nation at seasons end....The Miami Hurricanes!!!!!! Rose Bowl and National Title Bound!!!!!!
You might be Rose Bowl bound but not National Title bound Who was it that said "make your words soft so they will be easier to eat" ? I definatly haven't done that but this is a great thread...all in fun.

Old 10-23-2001 | 06:28 AM
Oregon's pass defense is indeed horrible, ranked near the bottome of all D-1 teams. They were never a national title contender and Stanford exposed them for the fraud that they are.
If Miami loses a game, I will come to this thread and eat all the crow that is dished out, but I'm still standing by my prediction that Miami will win the national title..I said that after the bowls last year..this years squad is on a mission after being left out of the title game last year.

Old 10-23-2001 | 11:46 AM
|
Originally posted by 99RedWV
..this years squad is on a mission after being left out of the title game last year.
amen!

Old 10-24-2001 | 04:05 AM
Miami hasn't beaten WVU yet, but they will thursday night, so after this weekend, I expect them to be back on top again, after they kick the $hît out of West Virginia, especially if it is a close OU only beats Nebraska by a couple of points, that will take them both down in the AP poll.

Old 10-24-2001 | 05:19 AM
Oh yes!! The good old WVU game..let me tell you there is nothing like living in West Virginia like I do and rooting for the Canes..I was at the past two games in Morgantown and I am lucky I made it out of there alive. I am not worried about any other teams really, or the early BCS. Do you realize Miami is the only team this year to win all of their games by atleast 21 points? LOL..ESPN magazine says the critics want to see Miami play someone good. ESPN says they want the Canes to play someone good to...The St. Louis Rams!!

Old 10-24-2001 | 06:39 AM
It's not hard to win by 21 points if your not playing anybody worth a rats ***...... And how will OU get knocked down in the BCS if it's a close game? Oh you said AP, I'd rather wipe my **** with that poll then judge a team off of it. The BCS isnt' perfect by no means but it's better then the AP.And On another one of your analogies, #1 vs #2, I would hope it's gonna be a close game. And by the way, NB is the favorite. I think you'll be suprised that the team that loses won't get knocked down as far as you hope, and the winning team will only better themselves. Man it's the two teams with toughest (by far) scheduals playing each ohter .....why would it look bad if it's a close game? That's got to be the best post so far Pot stirred

Old 10-24-2001 | 06:54 AM
Well its like RB Clinton Portis said..Miami could win games 100-0 and people would still find reason to fault them for something.
And Michigan,Stanford and Tennessee all have tougher schedules than OU and Nebraska, according to the computers, and thats just pulling from the Top 15 BCS teams. Keep stirring the pot and I will keep pulling out the turds put in it.

Go Canes!!!

Old 10-25-2001 | 10:11 PM
|
5 min left in the 4th quarter and its 45-3 MIAMI!!!!! woohooo, rack up another one for the canes!!!!!

Old 10-26-2001 | 02:34 PM
Originally posted by BlackExpo
VT?? Lol, I cant wait to see the look on Coach Beamers face once Dorsey and the boys start piling on the points on that so called superior defense.
We'll see about that!

Quick Reply: anyone watch college foorball?