anyone watch college foorball?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2001, 03:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Less than 24 Hrs......and we'll find out

Things are really going crazy around here.........this by far is the biggest game of the season so far for both NU and OU, regardless of the outcome, I'm pround to be a HUSKER fan and BIG 12 fan. If we (NU) wins tomorrow, or at least one more game this season, it will mark our 33rd consecutive year of 9+ wins, its a WINNING TRADITION!!!!!! How many programs have done that!!!!!!!! And it also will be Nebraska's 246th consecutive home sellout!!!!!!!! Thats been a standing NCAA record!!! Mr. Fowler, Mr. Herbstreit and Mr. Corso will again be in town hosting ESPN GAMEDAY, the last time they were here Sept 8, 2001 Nebraska fans broke a GAMEDAY attendance record with a crowd of 15,808, I'm sure that record will again be broken.

There are alot of football programs deserving of their following, but none like
NEBRASKA! GO BIG RED!!!!!!

Old 10-26-2001, 05:01 PM
Ducks Pretenders?

You have got to be kidding right?So they lost a game,does that make them pretenders?Guess that means last years Canes were pretenders too............Ahem...........I will say what I have already said earleir in this thread.........The media does not give the pac 10, any credit for being a tough league.Out here, any team on any saturday, can beat any other team in the pac 10.Maybe we all suck? Nah...... that what the press thinks though.........It seams like the California schools to get credit where it is due, just every good team north of california, on the west coast.Maybe because they don't have a long time winning tradition?Anyway I could go on about this for hours but I won't..........Go ducks & beavers.

Old 10-27-2001, 01:29 AM
Yes, I said pretenders....just like Oregon St. was a pretender...Sports Illustrated looks like a bunch of idiots with them as the pre season #1. Call it East coast bias or whatever you want...but I have felt since the start of the season that Oregon is overrated. A defense that is that horrid isnt worthy of a top 10 ranking, period. And yes, tradition does go along way for a teams pereception by the media year in and year out, and deservidley so. A tradition of winning such as Miami,Oklahoma,Nebraska,etc goes alot further than a flash in the pan season such as the one Oregon State had last season.
LOL 45-3...that was sooo much fun to watch..looks like we got a new stud RB in Frank Gore!!!

Old 10-27-2001, 04:17 PM
What happened to VT???? Another overated east coast school. OU vs. NB was about what I expected, GREAT GAME!!. BIG 12 championship ought to be interesting. I have a bad feeling about OU winning though, will be another great game.

45-3 win for Maimi? Yeah I'd be proud of those juco wins. As far as you saying that OU,NB doesn't have the toughest schedual my answer is this. College football is all about going undefeated to even have a shot at the big game. When #1 has to play #2 in regular season then yes I think they have the toughest schedual. When the BCS comes out then I think the the schedual rank will change. Putting Nebraska near or at the top. I don't think you relize how deep the Big 12 is in tough teams. Answer me this, IS there a BETTER conferance then the BIG 12? NO, Period, bottom line. And if Nebraska wins the BIG 12 then how can they not have the toughest schedual? I know I'm alittle bias(alot actually) but I'm sick and tired of Big 12 not getting the respect they deserve, anybody in the AP that ranks NB below Maimi shouldn't even be allowed to vote. But I like Maimi not playing anybody, It sets them up for the big humilation that they will get if they go to the NC game. Man I love this thread. Rant over, play resumed

Old 10-27-2001, 05:49 PM
GOING!GOING!GONE!.....UCLA's National Championship hopes. It not over yet but this one isn't looking good.

Wow, thought I was going to have to eat my words. That was another exciting game.

Last edited by lightninginvegas; 10-27-2001 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:55 PM
I never said the Big 12 wasnt the toughest conference..all I am repeating is what the BCS lists as the toughest schedules, since the BCS is apparantly the holy grail, atleast as long as it bashes Miami. Well my friends since Miami continues to take care of business, come Monday the Canes will be sittin pretty with the #2 BCS ranking. Like I said before...Miami is on a mission, whoever you line up against them is going to lose, period.

Last edited by BlackExpo; 10-27-2001 at 07:59 PM.
Old 10-27-2001, 08:02 PM
a few more things...Slaughter J...how about them Hokies and UCLA once again comes through in the clutch with their annual choke job.

Old 10-27-2001, 08:18 PM
Another great day of college football..........

How do you like it when your QB catches a TD pass for 63 yards.

GOOOOOOOOO BIG RED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2001, 04:03 AM
Miami vs. Nebraska in the Rose Bowl...you heard it here first
Canes win of course

Old 10-28-2001, 12:26 PM
Not so fast..........

Just because the rest of your schedule may be a little on the "light" side, MIAMI will have to end up #2 in the BCS poll to make to trip the Garden of Roses. It's very possible that even with OU's loss to NU, MIAMI may end up #3 in the BCS this week. A loss is only worth a point in the BCS poll and MIAMI was alot higher than one point beind NU or OU. The HUSKERS are again, 9-0, and we still have to play K-State and then COLORADO, those teams regardless of their record this year are never to be taken lightly. We still have a season to finish, first, and I'd love to see you in the ROSE BOWL!!!!!!! I'm sorry to say but things would be a little different than the ol "HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE" that Miami has had in the past in the Orange bowl.

I seen it first hand, from the 35 yd line, 13th row!!!!!!!

Old 10-28-2001, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 99RedWV
Miami vs. Nebraska in the Rose Bowl...you heard it here first
Canes win of course
of course!!!

Old 10-28-2001, 10:06 PM
ok guys

yep ucla choked. The Ducks beat washington State.No Undefeated teams left in the Pac 10.Guess that means the whole conference sucks.
NOT
There are 5 (yes 5) teams from the pac 10 ranked in the top25. This tells me that it is one of the toughest conferences in the country.Period
Ok guys&gals how many teams from your favorite teams conference are in the top 25?Maybe we can really find out how tough everybodys leagues are

Go ducks & beavers

Old 10-28-2001, 10:43 PM
AP Coaches BCS

NU #2 #2 #1
OU #3 #4 #2,3?
Texas#5 #5 #4,5?
TexasA&M#24 #17 #?
CU#25 #25 #?

Sorry but the Big 12 wins As it always will in the argument of who's conferece is tougher. 3 out of the top five are Big 12, including #1 in the only poll that counts.

Old 10-29-2001, 12:55 AM
I agree with vegas...its the Big 12 hands down. pac 10 may be tough but after this weekend, no one from that conference is gonna play in the rose bowl..and in the end, thats all that matters folks. Miami vs. Nebraska is imminent, they both have and will continue to take care of business despite all the talking heads in the media. Yes its possible that Miami will be #3 in BCS but dont forget to take into account the poll average...Oklahoma will also lose points in that this week as well. Oh sh** forget it, I'm not even getting into this BCS crap...cya in Pasadena, Huskers!! GO CANES!!!!

Old 10-29-2001, 03:28 PM
BCS!!

LOL, Maimi fans got to love that. NU #1, OU #2. I know it won't be that way for long but if Maimi loses we might just have a Big 12 rose bowl Wouldn't that upset some ppl I'm alittle upset that Michigan is ahead of Texas but that's the way it is. I hope those two teams meet in a bowl to show everybody how tough Texas really is.

Quick Reply: anyone watch college foorball?