anyone watch college foorball?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2001 | 03:41 PM
|
haha i started this thread but i didint think too many people were gonna respond. its turned out to be a war between lightninginvegas/lightningcrashz vs 99redvw, haha. can you feel the love? anyways, yes i agree that OU and NU have harder conferences, and are ranked higher in the BCS, but that is no excuse to say that they are better than miami. i do agree that miami hasnt really had any competition, but thats also another reason to say that we have no idea just how good they can be. either way, this has been a great season. im a huge miami fan, but i gotta admit that the nebraska-oklahoma game was one of the most exciting to watch this year. and it will be canes vs nebraska for the championship. canes all the way babyyy!!!!!!

Old 10-29-2001 | 04:26 PM
ok

Read my last post again guys

I said the pac 10 is one of the toughest, not the toughest.The big 12 is strong and I will give you guys that.Any other leagues put more than 5 teams in the top 25?I honetly don't know.Maybe the pac 10 is # 2 in league toughness?????Anyway..........this isn't a war its more of a nice little friendly discussion about football.
I fully realize that no pac 10 team will be going to the rose bowl without a lot of help from teams that play miami,nebraska,Oklahoma,ect.
Personall I think the pac 10 beats itself up to much to ever have a national title contender, but thats just my opinion.I would say next year look out, but the ducks will lose way too many players
to be a top 5 team. Beavers? they are kinda a mystery right now.Sometimes they play like they did last year, other times they just plain suck.What really hurt them this year was losing all of their key recievers, and 2 great defensive ends.I guess we will have to wait and see.

Old 10-29-2001 | 05:19 PM
WAR???

I think this post is GREAT!......It give everyone a chance to voice their opinions. I LOVE college sports in general over PRO, it's not like I have any HOME pro teams to root for anyhow. I think its awesome, SATURDAY is my favorite day of the week in the fall.

Old 10-29-2001 | 05:54 PM
I also LOVE this thread, I can sit around and talk College ball till I'm blue in the face. Just a friendly argument... Not a war Keep em coming guys.

Old 10-30-2001 | 12:41 AM
Well, well....I bet all you all are hedging your bets waiting for me to have a meltdown on here about Miami being #3 in the BCS today..as Corso says..."not so fast my friend"... Nebraska and Oklahoma either will meet again and knock each other off or lose a game along the way, cancelling the rematch and ensuring a Rose Bowl path for the 'Canes. So, this is still a good spot to be in for Miami. At least, it puts them in total control. Win their remaining five games and they're in. They'll bump up in schedule strength in their final five games -- three ranked teams and a very good BC team. Factor in they'll likely stay No. 1 in both polls and Miami looks good. Remember he who laughs last laughs best.

Old 10-30-2001 | 08:16 PM
i keep telling everyone A&M is the team.......i guess when we knock OU out everyone will see......just so you know i think that game is nov 10 so you can watch aggie football.......

Old 10-30-2001 | 10:05 PM
Originally posted by paxton888
i keep telling everyone A&M is the team.......i guess when we knock OU out everyone will see......just so you know i think that game is nov 10 so you can watch aggie football.......
I totally agree with A&M being bad *** this year. They are way underanked IMHO. But I don't think there quite good enough to beat OU. But best of luck to ya

Old 10-31-2001 | 02:39 AM
Talking

yeah you are probably right........but i am still pumped that they are already 7-1 this season and as far as I know they were only supposed to win 4 games the whole season........but i will still keep my head up and my fingers crossed for the OU game

Old 10-31-2001 | 07:27 AM
What happened to that Virginia Tech fan in this thread??? Losing to Syracuse at home I guess can quiet some people.

Old 10-31-2001 | 10:16 AM
TEXAS A&M

Hey, I'll be cheering for A&M on Nov 10th,

We, (NU) play K-State that day as well, looks like another TOUGH day in the BIG 12. A&M always plays good football, I'd love more than anything to see them take a chip out of OU.

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

Old 10-31-2001 | 10:18 AM
UT now number 5 in every poll

Old 10-31-2001 | 04:41 PM
forgot who is Texas A&M

I think UT plays them are they that weak team in the maroon?

dont worry i have my flame suit on now so the next post wont hurt as bad

Old 10-31-2001 | 04:44 PM
Originally posted by 99RedWV
What happened to that Virginia Tech fan in this thread??? Losing to Syracuse at home I guess can quiet some people.
I'm still here, go away for a couple of days only to return to abuse That's what happens when your quarterback leaves early, rest of the team is fine, but we've got a hole (in Noel) that couldn't be filled. Oh well, at least we'll beat Miami so they won't get BCS screwed this year

Old 10-31-2001 | 05:18 PM
|
Originally posted by slaughterj
Oh well, at least we'll beat Miami so they won't get BCS screwed this year
then you woke up...

Old 10-31-2001 | 10:01 PM
hey craz.......
hope to see you at the game.....if youve ever ventured into aggieland you are in for a surprise.......i dont really like talking smack about other teams ......but i will say it is going to be a better game than everyone thinks......if you come it will be so loud you wont even be able to hear yourself think......its going to be awesome....see ya there

Quick Reply: anyone watch college foorball?