anyone watch college foorball?

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2001 | 08:03 PM
|
anyone watch college FOOTBALL?

who is your fav team? who do you think will win the natl championship? personally, i am a die-hard miami hurricanes fan, and i think we have a GREAT chance of going all the way this year. anyone see the UM vs FSU game on saturday? UM all the way, baby!!!

Last edited by Donate54; 12-03-2001 at 10:02 PM.
Old 10-14-2001 | 09:50 PM
I'm a huge K-state fan, well I'm alittle ashamed to say that after the last 2 weeks. But you take the good with the bad. Sorry though you guys won't have a chance against OU or NB in the national championsip not surewhich one will be there but either one will easily hand miami it's *** If you aren't in the BIG 12 you really shouldn't be considered a football team... anyways just stirring it up alittle, goodluck to maimi on there trip to the nation championship game, too bad for you it has to end there My prediction is OU though but Nebraska isn't out of it.

Old 10-14-2001 | 10:08 PM
OU is good but they barely got by Texas and Texas is in the top 5 or 10 but I dont think they should be there, and I live in Austin and have been a Horn fan so its not like i dont like them. Miami did look good. Miami might be another victom of the BS ops i mean BCS. they sould have played OU for the title. well im not sure who will win it all now but ask me in Jan. and ill tell you who won

Old 10-14-2001 | 10:42 PM
|
i agree that miami should have played for the title last year, but then people would ask why not washington, since they were the only team to beat miami last year. i honestly think that we (miami) haven't had any real difficult games this year yet. the real test will come when we play washington. if we beat them, i think we can go all the way, and come out with a championship.

Old 10-15-2001 | 01:13 AM
ducks all the way

I personally like the beavers, but there is no chance they will make it to the title game (they did whip some butt yesterday though).If they keep playing like they did yesterday, they could play the role of spoiler to a couple of other top 10 pac 10 teams.

How come you guys aren't brining up the university of Oregon ducks?They have looked real strong against every team that they have played 6-0 record so far.Their real tests will be when they play the Bruins and the Huskies.

Speaking of last years title game, no miami shouldn't have been in it.The huskies did beat them.Heck the Beavers didn't lose to the huskies by as many points as miami did.I think it all boils down to a need for playoffs, that is the only way there will every be an undisputed national champion.

I really think the media is biased towards teams east of the rockies, they are getting better but they still are biased.

Old 10-15-2001 | 01:28 AM
The Ducks? Name 3 excellent teams in that conference..

Old 10-15-2001 | 09:43 AM
|
there was a lot of "what if's" about last year's title game with who should have played OU. true, the huskies did beat the canes, but it was also the canes' 3rd game of the season, they were much better by the end of the season. i dont think it would have mattered though, because i think OU would have won either way.

Old 10-15-2001 | 10:48 AM
A suprising team this year is FSU not those flordia convicts but the Fresno State Bulldogs. My vote for the Suprize of the Year team

Old 10-15-2001 | 01:18 PM
Unhappy

The Mississippi State Bulldogs are breakin' my heart.

Old 10-15-2001 | 02:19 PM
War Eagle!

Anyone see the Auburn - Florida game..I myself took part in the rushing of the field.
MEEK

Old 10-15-2001 | 02:27 PM
User name says it all....

Of course I would like to see Nebraska go all the way.

I love college football, never a dull weekend. I hated to see South Carolina get beat, Lou has done so much for that program. I loved to see Miami take one more mark out of FSU, and the other Florida program, took a loss as well.

Fresno State is pleasant surprise this year!

Nebraska, currently 7-0, still has long road to travel yet this year, Texas Tech this week (who beat K State) then we have OU and K State at home an have to travel to Colorado for the final game of the season in Boulder. (tough crowd there)

See Texas in the Big 12 championship and the hopefully Miami in the garden of ROSES.

Best of luck to all next saturday!!!!!

GO BIG RED!!!!!!!

Old 10-15-2001 | 03:02 PM
Well, after watching the heartbreaker for my Colorado State Rams nearly pulling off the huge upset against Fresno State on Saturday night, I gotta pull for Fresno. Their strength of schedule is going to absolutely kill them, though.

In any event, it isn't the CSU Rams year, but we're getting more experience for our QB, we'll be back better than ever next year, as always seems to be our pattern with an unexperienced QB.

Old 10-15-2001 | 08:15 PM
Yes the Ducks

3 impressive teams from the conference?Lets see here...... The UCLA Bruins-still undefeated,with one heck of a running back.The Washington Huskies......ya they have one loss but it was to the Bruins.The Washington State Cougars....still undefeated.....it is a surprise to everybody but they are for real (we will know for sure after there last four games-they have to play 4 teams ranked in the top 12)
One more thing The Ducks currently have longest home game winning streak at 23 games.Common guys give em a little respect
At this point, I would like to see the beavers lose to the ducks but beat all the rest of the teams in the pac. 10.Ducks pac 10 champs and undefeated........I would almost bet that the bcs still wouldn't have them playing for the title.

Miami fans(I do like them also, but I would rather see a pac 10 team with the chamionship this year)-I really don't want to hear this"but they were a much better team by the end of the season last year" To deserve to play for the title you have to play great all year, not all the games except one.Look how bad the Beavers whipped Notre dame in the fiesta bowl last year. You think they weren't playing better then than when they lost to the Huskies (by a field goal).The Bcs system sucks and everybody knows it,but its what decides who plays for the title and 1 loss usually
means that you can forget a title game.

Consider the pot stirred

Old 10-15-2001 | 08:39 PM
|
Re: Yes the Ducks

Originally posted by lightningcrashz
Miami fans(I do like them also, but I would rather see a pac 10 team with the chamionship this year)-I really don't want to hear this"but they were a much better team by the end of the season last year" To deserve to play for the title you have to play great all year, not all the games except one.Look how bad the Beavers whipped Notre dame in the fiesta bowl last year. You think they weren't playing better then than when they lost to the Huskies (by a field goal).The Bcs system sucks and everybody knows it,but its what decides who plays for the title and 1 loss usually
means that you can forget a title game.
as much as i hate to admit it, youre right. one game can make a world of a difference. hopefully this season we'll pay them (huskies) back for last year's loss...

Old 10-17-2001 | 12:13 AM
I certainly hope Miami goes all the way this year, I was cheering for them last year, but that's the way it goes. I have been a Hurricanes fan ever since I first learned what football was, and I rarely even watch pro games, except for when Arizona plays ( I went to school my whole life with their tailback Thomas Jones, I'm not an Arizona fan, but I support my friends), I watch college football every chance I get! Go `Canes!

Quick Reply: anyone watch college foorball?