Why we shouldn't street race...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002 | 06:21 PM
Street racing is really dumb and dangerous plus going to the race track is alot more fun. You don't have to worry about getting arrested, and you can get time-slips and actually chart your progress. I wish these guys would get it through their head that they are endangering the lives of other motorists and should go where it is legal.

Old 07-21-2002 | 07:34 PM
It sounds like she was racing too... I have been in my career a short time and had to clean too many kids off of their own dashboards; and then explain to their parents.

My condolences for the loss of life and potential.

Old 07-21-2002 | 08:11 PM
How the hell are you going to move this thread!?!?
Just becuase is not Lightning related , who cares if is not Lightning related. I have a Lightning but I dont think that Lightnings are the greatest things in the world!
Sometimes the moderators get me so mad.

Old 07-21-2002 | 09:56 PM
This is truly sad especially since she was so young so I to would give my condolences to her family. I don't own a Lighting, if I could afford one I sure would, but this has nothing to do with what anybody owns. It has to do with people not making the right decisions as well as strict law enforcment. If you truly wanted to stop people from street racing then the fines should be HUGE and first time should be a min. of 30 days in jail, lose lic. for 90 days, second time min. of 60 days in jail, 120 days lose of lic. 3rd time 1 yr min. in jail and lose lic. forever. When I say jail time don't matter how old you are, if you have family or not.

Though this is a sad thing that happen to her also remember that she herself contributed to her own demise by racing with the other guys to begin with, so just because she died don't mean she was completely inocent. Maybe if the above laws I mentioned were actually in place she may have thought about it first.

Old 07-21-2002 | 10:49 PM
I hate to see or hear of anybody dying. From what I read in her post, she sounded like a nice girl. I did'nt know her, and I don't know what completly happened. But the streets are not a place to fool around. Just remember this. When your on the road, your life is in your own hands. If you street race, your risking your life and everybody elses life around you. Be responsible and drive safe. Life is precious. Don't be stupid. My condolances go out to Tami and her family. Regards, Peacemaker...

Old 07-21-2002 | 11:15 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
That is a sad story. I guess we shouldn't street race. Too many people die everyday on the streets and it is all due to street racing. No one ever died because they fell alseep, puttining on make up, shaving, reading, changing stations on the radio, drunk, drugs, looking at some hot girls, talking on the cell phone, looking at the scenery, driving on snow or ice, etc.
You're a putz. Street racing is a conscious active effort... you knowlingly violate the law... you knowingly endanger others with excessive speeds... IF you are a street racer I hope they hang your *** before you hurt someone.

Old 07-22-2002 | 02:02 AM
Originally posted by BeastRider

You're a putz. Street racing is a conscious active effort... you knowlingly violate the law... you knowingly endanger others with excessive speeds... IF you are a street racer I hope they hang your *** before you hurt someone.
I think you're a biatch

Old 07-22-2002 | 09:45 AM
That's too bad. It sounds to me too like she might have been either not paying attention or playing along and in any event it's ashame that it happened. There is a time and a place for everything, in the middle of a construction zone with dozens of other people around was not the time or place for this... Sympathies for her family.
CA

Old 07-22-2002 | 11:19 AM
|
Just to get this straight, she was NOT street racing with the guys in the Mustang. The guys that were were coming up at a construction site so they had to cut her off and they slammed on their brakes. She rear ended them and the guy behind her rear ended her. She was not street racing but she was on a fast moving road where people normally will be going at an excess of 45 MPH....

Old 07-22-2002 | 11:39 AM
Not to jump in or anything but I can't help it this time:
easterisland-just cool it with this post...it's here for mourning someones death, if you don't have something nice to say then DON'T SAY ANYTHING AT ALL.(I'm only 19 and I already sound like my parents!)
Email me or whomever (if you want to talk/argue)or start a different post about problems or opinions you have, just leave this one for this young girl please.

My condolenses to her family, friends, and boyfriend.
R.I.P.

Old 07-22-2002 | 12:31 PM
BlkHwkDwn14:

Thanks for that information. I had thought she was racing as well. To anyone reading my prior post about her having some responsibility please accept my apoligizes for being incorrect with the facts.

Old 07-22-2002 | 12:32 PM
BlkHwkDwn14,

Please do us all a favor, and if you pass this along to those on that site, let them know that the couple of idiots do not in any way, shape or form represent the majority of this site. Sprocket, well said. If anybody has something ignorant to say, take it elsewhere.

My condolences to all (obviously very many) that knew and cared for her......

Quick Reply: Why we shouldn't street race...