Why we shouldn't street race...

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2002 | 12:21 AM
|
Unhappy Why we shouldn't street race...

The names were taken out for privacy. This is why you shouldnt street race. I know I have been asking around about SC and stuff to make my car go faster, but this has really touched me am reconsidering the use of my car. What right do I have to put other lives in danger just to have some personal fun? God, this not only scared me but really made me sad.

peron1: she was driving to work on O st
peron1: and these white boys in a mustang were "racing" and messin with her
peron1: and u know how O st is under construction and turns into a one lane
person2: yes
peron1: well those dumb guys weren't paying attention and cut in front of her too soon
person2: did she lose control
peron1: yeah i guess she didn't brake soon enough
person2: did she hit those guys?
peron1: witness said....she hit the back of those guys and the car behind her didnt brake fast enough either and hit
peron1: chain reaaction

person2: Last time her bro called me, he said she was still unconscious.. I guess the impact really got her, but she is strong....she'll be okay.....I hope.

person1: i hate to be the one to bring everyone bad news.........
but she did not....make it......
life is just not fair......................why her?!?!

http://www.projectbeta.com/forum/sho...&threadid=8092 Also, this is the last thing she posted before her life was taken, I hope she got her wish... http://projectbeta.com/forum/showthr...243#post139243 (she is xtc_gyrl)

Please post some nice quotes or something, I wanna make sort of a "monument" sort of thing for her and her friends and family. I didnt personally know her but I know a friend of hers from another forum. Please say some nice stuff or post some nice quotes....

Thank You

Last edited by BlkHwkDwn14; 07-21-2002 at 12:24 AM.
Old 07-21-2002 | 12:44 AM
Unhappy My God..........

That's absolutely terrible how the irresponsibility of a couple of people cost an innocent victim, with her whole life ahead her life. I just don't understand why some people have no sense. I don't condone street racing, but if you must get it out of your system, at least have some sense to do it in a safe location when there is zero traffic. When I see people occassionally street racing on the busy streets during the day and night, it sometimes makes me wonder...........

Old 07-21-2002 | 03:14 PM
That is a sad story. I guess we shouldn't street race. Too many people die everyday on the streets and it is all due to street racing. No one ever died because they fell alseep, puttining on make up, shaving, reading, changing stations on the radio, drunk, drugs, looking at some hot girls, talking on the cell phone, looking at the scenery, driving on snow or ice, etc.

Old 07-21-2002 | 03:31 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
That is a sad story. I guess we shouldn't street race. Too many people die everyday on the streets and it is all due to street racing. No one ever died because they fell alseep, puttining on make up, shaving, reading, changing stations on the radio, drunk, drugs, looking at some hot girls, talking on the cell phone, looking at the scenery, driving on snow or ice, etc.
10 wrongs don't make a right

Yes, street racing is stupid!

Old 07-21-2002 | 03:37 PM
Actually easter island, lots of people die from crashes related to people talking on the cell phone, falling asleep, putting on makeup, etc.....

In fact, there was a huge wreck where a dumb lady right here was so busy on her cell phone, that she didn't see a stop sign and got t-boned by a big yellow school bus. Yes, she was pronounced dead at the seen of the accident, and yes they had to pull her out of the wreckage in pieces. Driving down to work or school every morning during rush hour will show you that these people at times are even worse than illegal street racer punks.

Old 07-21-2002 | 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 2000regcab54

10 wrongs don't make a right

Yes, street racing is stupid!
Next time I'm traveling 71 mph in a 70 mph zone I'll remember that. I'm putting lives in danger because of my reckless abandon.

The way I see it there are only a few of reasons why someone would purchase a Ford Lightning.
1. collector
2. they are a redneck at heart
3. they want the fastest truck available so they can kick butt on the street or track

I think that most Lightning owners fall into the 3rd catagory with the majority of those wanting a quick street racing machine.

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:10 PM
I believe the problem here, is the level of maturity. For instance, most of us on this board thankfully, has common sense to know not to race when there are people around, or around dangerous intersection or streets. The problem, are these kids who generally street race anywhere and everywhere they can possibly do it. Taking a highway romp on a completely empty straight highway is a lot difference than racing through the heart of the city doing crap you saw on the Fast and the Furious.

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:22 PM
Originally posted by easterisland
yeah no chit!!! its like street racing is the number one killer on the streets..... Honestly I dont race on busy streets during the day... that is dumb.. come night time though... I am at the local streetracing spot tryin to get my fair share of money!!!!

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:31 PM
Re: Why we shouldn't street race...

Originally posted by BlkHwkDwn14
[IMG]
...........these white boys in a mustang were "racing" and messin with her
............... cut in front of her
.............. she didn't brake soon enough
...............witness said....she hit the back of those guys
Sounds like she was racing and messing with them white boys.
I read she just turned 17 on July 3rd, that's a shame.

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:43 PM
Unhappy

its a real shame that happened to her, whats even a bigger shame is that easterisland is kind of making a joke of the whole thing and that like 250 people read this topic and only a handful added to it. july 3rd? hmm, my ex gf's birthday too. Mike

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:47 PM
Sorry to hear that. My condolenses to her family.

Old 07-21-2002 | 04:49 PM
|
Yes, Thats very true SLP 97 Camaro SS GUY, please add something. I want to give this to her boyfriend, sort of like a card to show that people out here care...

Thanks A Lot

Old 07-21-2002 | 05:44 PM
Unhappy

My condolenses to her family, friends, and boyfriend. I didnt know her but i read the last few posts she made and she seemed like a very nice person and she was a very pretty girl. Reading what happened to her really touched me and i think my street racing days are over, if i wanna race i can go to Raceway Park in Englishtown. God Bless. Mike

Old 07-21-2002 | 06:01 PM
That story is very very sad. I saw one real bad wreck from street racing. I looked at it in a very different way since then. People who street race don't reralize what kind of damage to property, people, and lives of others could be done. Just be responsible and pay the small fee to race at your local track in relative safety.

Old 07-21-2002 | 06:11 PM
People who street race when other vehicles are around are total idiots. People who street race when noone is around are still foolish as hell.

Quick Reply: Why we shouldn't street race...