Garden Staters and Neighbors

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2000, 02:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Garden Staters and Neighbors

I have counted 15 New Jersey members, the weather is improving. It's finally time we meet each other face to face.
I suggest charter meeting on Saturday March 25th or Sunday March 26th at someplace in Mercer County, maybe Mercer County Park.
I know this is short notice but this will just be a 'get to know you (and your truck)' meet.
How is everyones' schedule for that weekend, any suggestions for a meeting spot? All neighboring members are invited of course.

Also, keep June 3rd circle, there will be an Air Show at Firezap's 'office'.

------------------
Y2K F150 XLT SC SB 4.6 V8 standard, 3.55 LS,RED!Previous Ford Trucks '84 F150, '87 Ranger
NEW JERSEY the GARDEN STATE

Old 03-09-2000, 06:45 AM
Cool

I am from howell(monmouth County) and I am willing to meet all of you cool f150 owners so just give me the details at cramp165@aol.com.. look forward to the meeting......

------------------
  • 1999 Ford F-150 Flareside ORP
  • 4.6Liter
  • Custom Things Include Lund Moon Visor, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Manik Grille Guard, Deflecta-Shield Rain Guards, Delecta-Shield Tail Light Covers, Under Car Lights, Tinted Windows, and Pioneer Head Unit. All things are painted to match truck.

Old 03-09-2000, 06:26 PM
Cool

That sounds cool. I think the wife's off from work, so she can watch the kids while I go out to play. As a matter of fact, I'm picking my mountain bike up from the shop tomorrow. It needed a new rear sprocket and chain, just wore the darn thing out.

When I go to Mercer County Park I usually go to the West Picnic Area. There is a big parking area there, a stream runs in from the lake, and a playground (in case anybody wants to bring kids), and BATHROOMS!! The bike path runs right along it, as well as access to the trails through the woods.

So, count me in. I just hope I don't wreck my bike from now until then. Then I gotta go out on my b.m.x. bike (I race).

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 03-10-2000, 08:04 PM
Arrow

Old 03-11-2000, 11:46 AM
Wink

i just need some directions for this little meeting and some times to be there. sounds real cool to me. Thanks steve

------------------
  • 1999 Ford F-150 Flareside ORP
  • 4.6Liter
  • Custom Things Include Lund Moon Visor, Lund Interceptor Bug Guard, Manik Grille Guard, Deflecta-Shield Rain Guards, Delecta-Shield Tail Light Covers, Under Car Lights, Tinted Windows, and Pioneer Head Unit. All things are painted to match truck.

Old 03-13-2000, 04:37 PM
Cool

So have we figured out what were doing and when??? I got my Mtn. bike back from the shop and it's riding great. If we're not riding, then I could bring my new dog, Shaggy (English Springer Spaniel).

I realize some of us might not be into riding, so we could have our meet first,and stay around for a ride afterwards.

I think the West Picnic area is a good idea at Mercer County Park, since there's a playground, bathrooms, and access to trails.

Oh, and we don't have to limit it to a bike ride. We could ride rollerblades too. So, we got trail riding for us mtn bikers, or riding the bike path for everybody, or rollerblading for us who can.......

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Ventshades, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna and Astatic power mic, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 03-13-2000, 08:39 PM
Sycoholic, you want to kill me don't you ?
I haven't been on either bike (Trek Mtn bike & 60cm GT Rage) in 2 years, and I bought blade last spring, still in the box, and the scale keeps going up, having little ones and working nights all the time leaves little time for the fun stuff I did BK.

So far it is just Steveo, you and me, but that is enough to create a quorum. I take it you are off, I was kinda of hoping to hear what time would be good for you.

I checked out the West Picnic Grove Sunday, (somehow ended up in in Jamesburg)? That is a good place to meet (in between the goose trails), if the weather is bad we can drive over to the mall area and find an eatery.
If you bring Shaggy, I'll bring Barnaby.
What time is good for everyone, 11,12,1,,,?

This event is OPEN to all NEW JERSEY members as well as ALL other members.

mtknee@prodigy.net

------------------
Y2K F150 XLT SC SB 4.6 V8 standard, 3.55 LS,RED!Previous Ford Trucks '84 F150, '87 Ranger
NEW JERSEY the GARDEN STATE

[This message has been edited by mtknee (edited 03-13-2000).]

Old 03-13-2000, 09:31 PM
There will be a show at Englistown NJ on April 8th if let's say you guy's get rained out, just another suggestion. I don't know if you F150 fella's would wanna Expedition fella at your get together. I'll be at Englishtown with my truck in the show.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill, Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Alpine CVA 1005, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Alpine speakers, subs, amps. Clifford Avantguard G4, Front and Rear Smartwindows, and Pager.

Old 03-13-2000, 10:28 PM
Thumbs up

Slammed:
This event is OPEN to all NEW JERSEY members as well as ALL other members.
you only have to make 2 more posts to be eligible If those Texans can meet in the rain, I know we can.
Please post more info on the Englishtown show (that's one post) and include links if any. I understand there is a show Memorial Day weekend (Sunday?) in Hackettstown at the M&M plant.
Also, if anyone has any info on truck show in the Wildwoods in Sept/Oct please post them.

Old 03-13-2000, 11:59 PM
OK, Here's 1.. The E-Town event is a Truck and Car show with racing etc.. I goto most of the E-Town shows but will probably venture further and to others this year. I also have a tricked out MTB, Fully custom painted Klein Mantra, skull on the headtube with flames coming out of the eyes across the beam frame back, with a team issue Zuchi fork from Team Voodoo. I don't know how nuts you cats are at riding but I'm a bit slow right now since my Motorcycle accident, have a bit of paralayse in the lower left leg and have foot drop, but I'm hanging in there. Get it, for you guy's who know what foot drop is.

Old 03-14-2000, 12:03 AM
Here's #2. I though maybe the meet was for "F150 Members" not all F150online members. But it's nice that we can all get along?

Old 03-14-2000, 10:59 AM
Cool

Sunday sounds good to me. Just name the time. I'm like you mtknee I haven't been on my C'dale for 2 years should try this year.

------------------

GOLD RUSH
'99 F150 XLT SC SB 5.4x2 Harvest Gold
3.55 limited slip/ trailer towing package/slip on extender mirrors/powerstop brake controller/Covermaster 1000 topper with wing/BugflectorII/Ventvisors (front&rear)/3www.f150online.com decals

http://members.xoom.com/firezap/truckpage.htm

[This message has been edited by Firezap (edited 03-14-2000).]

Old 03-15-2000, 02:05 AM
Need a consensus:

Saturday, March 25th at 13:00
or
Sunday, March 26th at 13:00

We will meet at Central Mercer County Park West Picnic Grove. The park is near the Quakerbridge Mall and adjecent to Mercer County Comm. College. We will meet rain or shine, there is a pavillion and restrooms. If the weather is bad we will drive to a local eatery.

Please post your preference here or send me and Email. I would like to have a definite date by Sunday 3/19. With so many of us working changing schedules it is difficult to set a date and time without some input. Majority rules unless there is enough interest for both days to have a 'meet & greet' both days.

From US Rte 1 (just north of I-95/I295) take Quakerbridge Road (east) to Hughes Road, turn left onto Hughes, the Park entrance will be on your left.

From US Rte 130 in Cranbury, take Cty Rte 535 (Old Trenton Road) south. The park entrance is about 6 miles on your right.

There maybe quicker ways so you may want to look at a map.

See you soon.

[This message has been edited by mtknee (edited 03-15-2000).]

[This message has been edited by mtknee (edited 03-15-2000).]

Old 03-15-2000, 05:53 PM
Cool

Sunday at 13:00 hours is good. I guess were bringing our bikes??? Hey, I don't mind Expy's. They're just F series with caps and a bench seat. I race bmx, so I'm kinda in shape, but that doesn't mean I can't go a little slower. I ride with my dad all the time, and he's a lot slower than me. Maybe I'll bring my cousin and his mtb along if he's not racing motocross that weekend. Mtknee, do you have e-mail addresses of everybody you had counted??? Maybe you could e-mail them, since they might not frequent the message boards enough to see the post.

------------------

Old 03-15-2000, 09:07 PM
Talking

Sunday has my vote-already booked a car event for Saturday. (Too many toys) BUT my SuperCrew won't be here by then; and no one-not even me-wants to see my '90 Bronco.
I do have another suggestion for those of you who like to get out of town for a day or two. The Carlisle All Truck Nationals on June 25-27 is better than any of the E-town shows for a truck event. (No offense Slammmed) Check it out at "www.carsatcarlisle.com".

------------------
2001 SuperCrew, 4x4 Lariat, Blue/silver, 5.4L Captains Chairs, 3.55LS, Moon roof, everything but the Bed extender & AV system.(Ordered 2/11/00)

Planned Mods: Sprayed-On Bedliner-(LineX); Ford Bed-extender; Hard tonneau-(*******, ARE or Snugtop); Fiberglass Cab steps (Ford) or SS nerf bars; Gibson SS Dual Sport Cat-back system; SuperChip; K&N Air intake kit; Clear back-painted bug-deflector; SVT Lighting wheels and Michelin Pilot LTX 285.60/HR18 tires.

Quick Reply: Garden Staters and Neighbors