HAIL TO ALL WHO showed for the Rally, Edelbrock tour and Knotts Ford show

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2000, 01:47 AM
franks&beans
Cool HAIL TO ALL WHO showed for the Rally, Edelbrock tour and Knotts Ford show

Well another Southern CA F-150 rally is history. But the memories from this one will last a long time. I want to personally thank the list members who made the effort to show up for the Edelbrock tour. But most importand I want to publically thank my wife ~Susan~ for suggesting the idea. I never had so much fun!! I would even do it again, It was a close call between seeing that 460ci big block on the dyno pumping out 503.9 horse power or hanging with Camee. They both score a 10 in my book. I specially liked the free Edelbrock hats, video, and other goodies they gave up, and that lunch was first class. There were some super looking F-150's as well. This weekend was so busy, I didn't know if I was coming or going. The Knotts Berry Farm All Ford show was in a class by itself, Nick M. had his F-150 entered in the show and it looked great w/ the other F-150's. Lots of Roushes there too. I can't wait for the next SOCAL rally, hurry up MAY!!

Special thanks to
Tropic Traverler
Nick M.
CAF150
Loser1
Indyfan
Jim A.
Jherron
Chris in LA (redman) burn't to a crisp
Hdlouie
Goldie (I need your email)
big. Mike
Oh yea Franks&beans

for making this rally a total success. If I missed ANYBODY please let me know. If I added someone that wasn't there, your lucky.
See you all soon.

Peace,

F&B's

PS I could talk forever about the Edelbrock tour, it was that good. I will leave that up to others, I know they have a story or two they can share. ladies/gentleman help me out here!!

------------------
98 F-150 XLT, SC, SWB, 2WD, Pac. Grn., 4.2L auto, 4.10 gears w/ LS, Tow Pkg., BFG AT's 265/75/16, K&N air filter, Dynomax muffler, Superchip, Edelbrock shocks, Hellwig sway bar, 3" body lift, signal mirrors, ...tons of cosmetic products

Old 04-11-2000, 01:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Mr & Mrs F&B (and Rio).
I had a great time at both events. Of course I went home and took a highlighter to my Edelbrock Catalog, now my Mustang is licking its chops.
Camee was a wonderful tour guide and she had some great stories about the business and her dad (and Grandad).
And you're right F&B, the dyno test was probably the coolest part of the tour; although being a CAD draftsman and former inspector the visit to the Engineering and QC sections was quite a treat for me, the smells of coolants and cutting oils was an instant Deja Vu.

As far as the car show, well I love old cars (especially Mustangs) so I was in heaven. It was pretty incredible to see a 1950's Lincoln that was both longer and heavier than an F150 Supercab/Shortbed. Makes you wonder if you had to call the Harbormaster just to pull in the garage.

------------------
1999 Lariat Super Cab, S.B. 5.4L, 3.55 LS
and everything but the leaky slider window.
Bright red w/ gold 2-tone, Leather Captain's Chairs
Mods: Duraliner bedliner, Bugflector II, Hide-a-hooks.
& a leeetle chrome tip on the exhaust.

[This message has been edited by Indyfan (edited 04-11-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Indyfan (edited 04-11-2000).]

Old 04-11-2000, 04:51 PM
Thumbs up

We couldn't have had a more beautiful day to tour the Edelbrock facility!! I must say their facility is quite impressive!! And they really do their homework as far as R & D when they decide to put something out on the market. Camee was awesome!! And to top it off she drives a "FORD"!!! I had a super time at the tour and enjoyed seeing the guys/gals once again. Thanks to Mr. & Mrs Franks & Beans for setting up the tour. It was also nice to see the other fellow F-150 owners. We sure showed them shovie owners at the tour who was well represented!! I apologize to the guys and gals that i was suppose to meet at breakfast at 8 am prior to the Knotts Ford show, little caf150 was not feeling well so i had to be "MR MOM" that day since i got to go to the Edelbrock tour. I bet it was a blast!! Can't wait for the May rally at Doheny State Park/beach!! See you guys/gals there!!

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny,Jet intake system, Jardine catback, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension, Cord Design flares, Stull billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (subs,mids,tweets), Crossfire dual amplifiers (700 watts) & Eq, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Kenne Bell Supercharger,Superchip, HID headlight system, Alpine audio/Navigational System, 4.10 rear gears

Old 04-11-2000, 04:51 PM
Thumbs up

We couldn't have had a more beautiful day to tour the Edelbrock facility!! I must say their facility is quite impressive!! And they really do their homework as far as R & D when they decide to put something out on the market. Camee was awesome!! And to top it off she drives a "FORD"!!! I had a super time at the tour and enjoyed seeing the guys/gals once again. Thanks to Mr. & Mrs Franks & Beans for setting up the tour. It was also nice to see the other fellow F-150 owners. We sure showed them shovie owners at the tour who was well represented!! I apologize to the guys and gals that i was suppose to meet at breakfast at 8 am prior to the Knotts Ford show, little caf150 was not feeling well so i had to be "MR MOM" that day since i got to go to the Edelbrock tour. I bet it was a blast!! Can't wait for the May rally at Doheny State Park/beach!! See you guys/gals there!!

------------------
97 F-150: 5.4 with Jet chip for engine & tranny,Jet intake system, Jardine catback, Momo Vantage rims (18 x 8.5) on BFG 295 x 45 x ZR 18's, 2/4" drop via Eibach suspension, Cord Design flares, Stull billet grille, Boston Acoustics Pro Series speakers (subs,mids,tweets), Crossfire dual amplifiers (700 watts) & Eq, *******'s hard toneau cover w/ marine bedliner, 9007 headlight bulbs, white face gauges, magnesium alloy sport pedals.

Future mods: Kenne Bell Supercharger,Superchip, HID headlight system, Alpine audio/Navigational System, 4.10 rear gears

Old 04-11-2000, 07:13 PM
Talking

F&B

You hang with the dyno and I'll hang with Camee. LOL

This was definately a great weekend.
Next year we should all enter our trucks in the show.

My e-mail wb6pac@jps.net

------------------
1999 Harvest Gold F-150 4x2 SuperCab XLT Styleside, 4.6, Auto, Air box Mods, K&N Filter, Tow Pkg, Alarm, Snug-Top Hard Tonneau cover(painted to match), 6-disk Pioneer CD Changer, Kenwood Tri-Band Ham Radio (2m,440,220), Billet Grille, Bug Deflector, Clear Corner Lights, Tinted front windows, 50 watt halogen back up lights.

No door crack. No piston slap. No nuthin ..... yet.

Planned Mods: Cat back exhaust, Headers, Superchip, 2/4 inch lower.

Old 04-11-2000, 11:48 PM
Banned
Thumbs up

Well, it sounds like y'all had a good time !

Darin & CAF, wish I could have made it out there ! Looking fwd. to meetin' you CAF this summer at the Texas Heatwave Show !
Darin... wish/hope you could/can make it ?

Our next rally here in Texas is this coming weekend in San Antonio. I think we have 10 trucks meeting at my house & then meeting up with about 40 more down in SA !

Wish y'all could make it !

Hey, was Roger Lemere at your rally ? Where has he disappeared to ?

Who is "Camee" ?? Sounds like y'all had as much fun seeing her as you did on the tour ? LOL... Great to see more & more female F-150 owners out there !

SS

Old 04-12-2000, 02:00 PM
franks&beans
Cool

SS97,
Camee is one of the two Edelbrock daughters, She drives a 1966 Shelby Mustang GT-350 # 27 and Christy Edelbrock also drives a 1966 Shelby Mustang GT-350 # 55. When we saw Camee at the plant, she said she is racing again this year at the Chyrsler Vintage car races/show at the Naval Air Station, North Island (Cornonado, CA) (this is where I work! right out my door) This potenitally can turn into a F-150 rally!!

F&B's

Dates TBA

------------------
98 F-150 XLT, SC, SWB, 2WD, Pac. Grn., 4.2L auto, 4.10 gears w/ LS, Tow Pkg., BFG AT's 265/75/16, K&N air filter, Dynomax muffler, Superchip, Edelbrock shocks, Hellwig sway bar, 3" body lift, signal mirrors, ...tons of cosmetic products

Quick Reply: HAIL TO ALL WHO showed for the Rally, Edelbrock tour and Knotts Ford show