Reminder: F150online Norfolk Rally!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2000, 10:48 AM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Reminder: F150online Norfolk Rally!

To All:

Those of you who have been here for some time already know, but for those who have joined us here in the last couple of months, I wanted to make sure all of you know about this.

We are having a Rally in Norfolk, Virginia the last weekend of July, the 28th, 29th, & 30th.

The Rally kicks off at 12 Noon on Friday July 28th with a tour of the Norfolk Light Truck (F-150) Assembly Plant! Our thanks go our to F150online's own "Raoul" for handling the tour arrangements. About 40 people can attend each tour, so we'll add an additional tour at 9:30 am that morning for those that need it.

Later that afternoon and on thru that evening, we will have a free concert on the Oceanfront, as we are tying in with the City of Norfolk's TGIF series. National acts, plenty of cold beer, parking, oceanfront scenery (read: babes, dare I say it without being labeled sexist?), and a great time for everyone to actually meet the faces behind all these posts here on F150online.

Saturday July 29th we will have a drag strip event! We are tying in with Virginia Motorsports Park's "Summer Bash Big-Buck Bracket Race", and everyone who wants to will be able to make a few passes down this beautiful facility's drag strip, and for those who want to compete, we have been invitied to stay for eliminations and the actual competition, which will run well into the night. We are still working on alternate events for those who do not want to go to the drag strip that day, so other things are still to be added for that Saturday.

Sunday July 30th we will be winding up with a brunch at a local restaurant, so that day will be very informal, as most have to travel back home and get ready for work again Monday morning.

Everyone is absolutely free to do whatever they like, if you want to participate in the "official" Rally events for the weekend that's fine, and if you want to do other things that is fine too, it's *your* weekend! Some people have mentioned that they'd like to go to the Outer Banks, etc.

This event is being put on and organized by us here at Performance Products (with gracious assistance from Raoul!), in support of F150online.

We are also negotiating hotel rates for everyone, so we can get the best prices on rooms. This is very important, as the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area is a tourist town, basically, and we'll be there at the height of their tourist season.

Anyone will is coming and needs hotel accommodations please email me personally to let me know how many rooms you need, so we can keep track of about how many rooms we need to have blocked off for everyone. Once we have negotiated the best rates, we will let everyone know where we're staying, and then you will all make your own arrangements with the hotel individually, as part of the F150online Rally Group. That way you can handle your own payment & room requests, IE smoking/non-smoking, etc., and get the rate that we negotiate for the group, nice and simple.

So again, everyone needing hotel accommodations please email me at my email address below, as we need to know how many rooms we need, as this affects the rate we can get, etc.

As this event gets closer, Steve Eppinger, our Webmaster here at F150online, will be posting notices throughout the site, and it is also marked on F150online's Event Calendar.

This is going to be a relaxing weekend of fun & sun, so make your plans to join us on July 28, 29, & 30!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Online Superchip ordering system:https://www.f150online.com/scpp/index.html

Old 04-05-2000, 05:03 PM
F150online
Founder
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

I know that you are focused on this particular forum , but you probably want to post this message in the Events & Happenings Forum as well. I will likely have a rally page linked from each page of the site over the weekend...

Steve

Old 04-06-2000, 05:50 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Steve,

Yes, I've been posting reminders there about it about every month or so as well, but thanks for the reminder! As each new development happens, I post it there in the Events section. I posted this reminder simply because we have a lot of new people here since we last discussed it here in this section, and because many people do not check the Events section, so I wanted all the "newbies" to be aware of it as well.

Bests,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 04-07-2000, 08:25 PM
Question

Mike,

When y'all do this thing at the VA Motorsports Complex, is there going to be an attempt to set aside or demark an area for the F150online folks attending? Some of us may not be making the drive up from Norfolk, but rather down from the north. It would be nice if there was some place all of us could get together while at the race track. Just a suggestion.

------------------
'98 F-150 4x4 XLT SC/SB, 4.6L automatic, Dark Toreador Red / Prairie Tan, Westin step tubes, Gibson Swept Side, K&N w/ custom box, Autometer pod and gauge assy and other cool stuff...

Old 04-12-2000, 03:23 AM
Cool

This sounds real cool and I probably will be attending if I can get the girlfriend to go along with it. Steve will there be some f150online stickers available down there. Thanks guys you are doing a great job for all of us..........

------------------
  • -1999 Ford F-150 Flareside ORP
  • -4.6 Liter auto Tranny 3.55 LS rear
  • -Painted to match Lund Moon Visor
  • -Lund Interceptor Bug Guard (painted)
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Soft Bed Cover
  • -Deflecta-Shield Rain Guards (painted)
  • -Delecta-Shield Slotted Tail Light Covers (painted)
  • -Yellow Under Car Lights
  • -Tinted Windows (5% illegal)
  • -Pioneer 7200 CD head unit
  • -Superwhite Bulbs
  • -K&N Air Filter
  • -In loving Memory Of Craig W. Menth Sr. Maltese Cross Fire Department Sticker

Old 04-12-2000, 05:48 PM
Wink

Steveo,

Leave your girlfriend home if you must. There are plenty of "foxes" in Virginia!

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 04-13-2000, 04:22 AM
I hear that unfortunatly see also heard that.........Mike how many people do you expect to be down there......Thanks steve

------------------
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Soft Bed Cover
  • -Superwhite Bulbs
  • -K&N Air Filter

Old 04-19-2000, 02:02 PM
Former Sponsor
We really don't know just how many people are going to actually show up; so far, about 100 or so have expressed interest, but that won't have much to do with who actual.ly shows up.

With regards to finding each other at the drag strip, don't worry, we'll have that taken care of. It'll be the bunch of F-150's all together! Just kidding here, as we get closer to the end of July we'll post something on that. Worst case you look for teh F-150's together, or just touch base with the offfice at VMS that day. We'll figure out something so that those of you coming in from other locations, and not driving up with the "caravan" from Tidewater will be able to find us. Thanks for the suggestion on that!

We'll make sure that a good supply of F150online stickers are available as well!

Our bests to all,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 04-20-2000, 12:56 AM
Cool

Mike,
are you guys leaning towards any particular hotel or place to stay so I can do some research of my own. We will probably go down there on Thursday. Thanks for the help again...

------------------
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Soft Bed Cover
  • -Superwhite Bulbs
  • -K&N Air Filter

Old 04-21-2000, 12:45 AM
Former Sponsor
Yes, we are working on negoatiating the best rates with a number of hotels in the area right now, and will have that wrapped up in the next few weeks. As soon as we do, we'll post that info right away.

What we're doing is getting everyone the best rates as a part of the F150online Rally group, and then as soon as we make the announcement of which hotel(s) we'll be staying at, we'll let everyone know. At that point, each person will call the hotel to make their own specific arrangements, etc., and will get the special rate we negotiate for the entire group.

Looking forward to seeing you in Norfolk!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 04-22-2000, 01:11 AM
Wink

Sounds Cool.

------------------
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Soft Bed Cover
  • -Superwhite Bulbs
  • -K&N Air Filter

Quick Reply: Reminder: F150online Norfolk Rally!