Hotel arrangements for 1st National F150online Rally!

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2000, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Hotel arrangements for 1st National F150online Rally!

HOTEL ARRANGEMENTS FOR FIRST NATIONAL F-150 ONLINE RALLY FINALIZED, MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!

The First National F-150 Online Rally, to be held July 28, 29, & 30 in Norfolk, Virginia; scheduled events include a tour of the Ford Norfolk light truck assembly plant, free concert, drag racing, and more, come join us all in the fun!

We have made arrangements at two different hotels for accommodations. The first is the Courtyard by Marriott, and the second is at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside. We (Performance Products) will be staying at the Sheraton Norfolk Waterside.

Please keep in mind when you go over all of this information that these negotiations took several months, as we are going to a tourist town at the height of tourist season. Translated, that means no griping about rates, we've done the best that can be done on your behalf already!

Here are the details for each hotel. We have 30 rooms reserved at each hotel, and you can take your pick. Of the two, of course the Sheraton has more amenities, for those of you that prefer a full-service experience.

Marriott Courtyard:
5700 Greenwich Road
Virginia Beach, VA 23452
(757) 490-2002

Rates: $99 per night, plus tax. This is the F-150 Online Rally Group Rate for either a King or a "Double-double" room configuration. King means one King sized bed, and Double-double means just that, 2 double beds, for those who want to double up with a buddy.

Restaurant accommodation: Full breakfast available 7 days a week at $6.95 plus tax and gratuity.

Reservation Method: Reservations will be made directly through the Marriott Event Booking Center at (757) 213-0110 or toll-free at 800-535-2966. All guests make their own reservations, and their own decision as to what size room and smoking or non-smoking, etc. We have reserved 15 king size, and 15 "double-double" rooms for the whole group. To get the Group Rate we have negotiated, make sure to identify yourself as part of the "Performance Products F-150 Online Rally Group"

IMPORTANT: Reservations for rooms at the Marriott Courtyard must be made no later than June 28, 2000. Any reservations received after this date will be accepted only on a space and rate available basis!!! Check in time is 3 pm, and check out time is 12:00 Noon

Sheraton Norfolk Waterside:
777 Waterside Drive
Norfolk, VA 23610
(757) 622-6664

Rates: $109 per night, plus tax. This is the F-150 Online Rally Group rate for either King or Double rooms. Smoking rooms available upon request.

Restaurant accommodation: full room service, restaurant, and 2 different bars as well.

Reservation Method: Reservations will be made directly by each party, by calling (757) 622-6664 or 800-325-3535, and make sure to identify yourself as part of the F-150 Online Norfolk Rally Group.

IMPORTANT: Make your reservations for rooms at the Sheraton Waterside *PRIOR* to July 7, 2000. All reservations after that date will be accepted on a space and rate available basis only.

Automobile Parking: There is the Dominion Towers parking garage, adjacent to the hotel, at a charge of $3 per vehicle per day. Valet parking is also available at the rate of $10.50 per day.

As some of you will no doubt notice, the Sheraton has given us an additional week for the deadline to reserve our rooms by, so that is why you see 2 different dates by which you need to make your reservations, each hotel has it's own cut-off date.

All arrangements are to be made directly between each guest and the hotel, so any and all questions about which room, billing info, etc., you will get directly from each hotel, thanks.

We look forward to seeing all of you there at the First Annual F-150 Online National Rally in Norfolk, VA July 28, 29 & 30!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 05-16-2000).]

Old 05-16-2000, 04:48 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Mike, this is great news! I have been working hard to get the
'House Of Raoul' up to par just in case rooms weren't available. I still plan to make the 'indoor plumbing' a reality by the end of July.
(and my rates will only be slightly higher than these two fine establishments)

(Mike did try hard to get me to offer group rates but, I wouldn't budge.)

Old 05-16-2000, 06:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Sounds cool what is the final tally of people going.

------------------
  • -1999 Ford F-150 Flareside ORP
  • -4.6 Liter auto Tranny 3.55 LS rear
  • -Painted to match Lund Moon Visor
  • -Lund Interceptor Bug Guard (painted)
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Soft Bed Cover
  • -Deflecta-Shield Rain Guards (painted)
  • -Delecta-Shield Slotted Tail Light Covers (painted)
  • -Yellow Under Car Lights
  • -Tinted Windows (5% illegal)
  • -Pioneer 7200 CD head unit
  • -Superwhite Bulbs
  • -K&N Air Filter
  • -In loving Memory Of Craig W. Menth Sr. Maltese Cross Fire Department Sticker
  • steveo@f150fanatic.com
  • steveo@f150fanatic.com

Old 05-16-2000, 09:23 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Raoul,

Thanks, I was beginning to think we'd never get it done.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System

Old 05-16-2000, 09:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Steveo,

Uhh, it's a little early for a "final tally". We just made the hotel announcement today, so I dare say we won't know how many people are going to attend until the weekend actually arrives, and we see who showed up.

However, it might be a good idea to start a new thread asking that, perhaps, if you want.

The main thing is that for everyone who needs a hotel room, to get their reservations made in time.

Hope to see you there,

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 05-17-2000, 12:15 AM
Thanks Mike I will be calling you probably next week if not the week after for my superchip. I can't wait to beat it up and down the streets of Jersey. I really just ment to ask what was the tally we had so far not the total tally. Oh well......later

Old 05-17-2000, 09:05 PM
Talking

Mike- I just called the Sheraton to reserve my room and they said they had nothing in the group rates for us yet. They said that it could be because it's not in their computer yet. I went and made my RSVP anyway
at the higher rate and they said they'd call me back when they found out more info.
Either way I'm going - I just hope I'm not going to end up alone ( there might be a chevy convention but don't worry I won't get in the way of them pushing their little trucks around the parking lot !!)

------------------
98 4x4,moonlight blue,orp,4.6,tow package,3.55,ext.cab,short bed,styleside,ford bedliner,fibrobec cab hi cap,bugflecta,ventvisors s.s. DeeZee brush guard,molded mud guards,light up Ford emblem on tailgate,Superchip,SS gibson single side swept cat back and headers,K&N 2nd gen air mod,Kenwood KDCx815 HU,KDCC662 changer,polk dx7 & ex572a speakers and MTX RT4180 amp.
haven't decided what to do about the subs yet.

Old 05-18-2000, 02:19 PM
Former Sponsor
Dear 4X4Yankee,

Please give me a shout via email or phone, so I can get your name, etc., and get to the bottom of this. This was just set up a couple of days ago, so I suppose it's possible for it not to be in their computer yet, going thru their national reservation system. I have called Stuart Evans, Sales Manager, at that particular Sheraton, who is the individual we negoatiated this deal with, to see just what he has to say about this. He was not in, so I left an urgent message for him to contact me immediately. When we were discussing this with him in getting the details of the contract worked out, he did not mention that there was any time required before reservations could be made, and we have signed the contract, just a couple days ago. It's probably going to be a simple matter of just not enough time having passed before Sheraton gets this Group Rate plugged into their national reservation system, but we'll make sure on that for you, ok? Just give me a shout so I can follow up!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 05-18-2000).]

Old 05-18-2000, 05:07 PM
Talking

just made my reservations at the sheraton ... no problems at all, i will need an address or directions to the ford factory if any one can help out in that area please..thanks

------------------
97 f150 xlt sc 4.2, magnum bug deflector, gts headlight covers,
AVS window covers, air deflectors

"Just FORD It"

Old 05-19-2000, 12:29 AM
goto yahoo you can get a map from there

Old 05-19-2000, 01:24 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
I would like to post directions for everyone but, before I do I want to actually drive it rather than just look at a map.

Also, I called Dominion Towers Parking Garage. Maximum Clearance is 6'8". That shouldn't be a problem for anyone?

------------------
99 Lariat Regular Cab 2WD 120"WB 5.4 3.55LS, Tow,
Dark Toreador Red/Harvest Gold, Line-X
raoul@f150owner.com
F150's of Virginia
Just cause we're from Virginia don't mean we're(well, you know)

Old 05-19-2000, 04:17 PM
Here are the maps I have so far. I will add maps to hotel soon.
http://www.fortunecity.com/silversto...r/norfolk.html

Old 05-20-2000, 12:40 AM
Former Sponsor
Dear 4X4Yankee,

We have spoken to *everyone* at Sheraton, and they have straightened this all out. Also, they have extended the Group rate to include Thursday night, July 27, for those that want to come into town and get a good night's sleep before going to the Ford Plant tour.

So you should be able to call them anytime and have that rate that we negotiated, and also have it apply to Thursday night as well. They will *NOT* extend that rate for Sunday night, for those that want to stay for a 4th night, but they will extend that rate to Thursday night, and we will be there Thursday night as well.

Should anyone else have a problem, just let me know.

When you call that number at the Sheraton for your reservations, we are set up in thier computers as the "F-150 Norfolk Rally", specifically.

See you all there!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 05-22-2000, 01:06 PM
Former Sponsor
I just wanted to drop everyone a quick line and say thanks to all of you that are helping out with maps, etc., that's a very big help to all.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 05-22-2000, 06:37 PM
Mike,
Sorry I didn't get back sooner with a reply.
I got a call from the hotel and they straightened it all out with the group rate.
Thanks for the help.
Pat

Quick Reply: Hotel arrangements for 1st National F150online Rally!