Texas Off Road Rally May 20th

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2000, 12:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Hope you guys haven't forgotton. You should come out, will be fun.

Old 05-08-2000, 04:39 AM
Exclamation

So, who all is planing on comeing? What days do you plan on being out there Fri, Sat, Sun. Will you be camping, or staying in town? Please send me a quick email to let me know if you are definitly comeing.
If there isn't a big response, I'm still entertaining the idea of going to North Padre, so let me know If you're planing on going to Shiloh Ridge.
....Please don't read this the wrong way... If there is one person that's planing on going to Shilo Ridge that would not be able to make the trip to North Padre, then I will plan on Shilo Ridge.

------------------
Steve #1
f-150@swbell.net
'99 F150 "Little Foot" Regular Cab 5.4 4X4
'97 Mustang GT 4.6
'87 K5 Blazer "Monster" 350 4X4 <For Sale>
http://www.geocities.com/f15099/

[This message has been edited by Steve #1 (edited 05-09-2000).]

Old 05-10-2000, 09:59 PM
Exclamation

I will be heading out to Shiloh Ridge Friday afternoon. There is a trail ride planed for around 6:00 PM but I don't know that I will be able to make it their by then. The time I can get out of Plano depends on the time Mrs. #1 gets off work (around 4:00). I am unsure at this time if I will be "camping" or staying in a motel (it depends on if the camper is repaired by then)
I do need a count of who will be attending so I can forword it to the run organizer (remember, we are "crashing" the TX4X4 event http://members.aol.com/atc1man/beaum...orial-day.html ) Send me a quick email at f-150@swbell.net to let me know.

Old 05-14-2000, 12:29 AM
Steve-
Lil bro here in the jeep. Am I allowed to join in the mud contest, my jeep is pretty much stock so i'd probably get whooped. If I don't sell my jeep this week, even though i'm hoping i do, then i'd love to go. I'll keep you informed. By the way had fun at the show. Nice meeting you and hope we can have some fun next weekend.
Lil_bro
aka Lee

Old 05-17-2000, 06:02 PM
back to front

Old 05-18-2000, 11:34 PM
Angry

Well, it looks like everyone wants to go off roading until it comes time to do it.
As of now, I am the only one that I KNOW is going this weekend. I think I will be heading out early Sat AM and comeing back Sat evening. So it will just be a day trip.
If you want to go, send me an email at f-150@swbell.net and we can make plans.

Old 05-21-2000, 08:49 PM
Just incase anyone cares, here is the trail report from Saterday's run at Shiloh Ridge.
The day started at a very early 5:30am, after getting to bed around 2:00am. I was accompanied on this run by my friend Jerremy who some of you may now from the Austin and San Antonio rallys. As we left Plano, the rain started to fall (it had been raining for the past few days) and continued to come down until just before we got to Shiloh Ridge.
When we meet with about 15 members of TX4X4 who we were joining for the run. As we lined up to head out, one one Jeep guys in a moderitly built YJ opened his mouth and said we might not want to go with them, and pointed out where the kiddy trils were. I told him I'd be fine and headed out with 'em.
The word for the day was MUD. Thick red clay mud covered the place, other than the patches of wet, tire swallowing sand.
After a bit of playing around Little Foot found a trail that ate her lunch. A couple of the Jeeps we were with, and a 3/4 ton Suburban took the bypass, but I decided to give it a try. We got most the way up until we hit some deep ruts. My front end dug in and the because of the slick mud, the rear end kept wanting to come around. After a few trys, I was forced to take the bypass. The Jeep guy that was talking trash came up the tail behind me and continued to talk trash about the "Ford" (there was also a beautiful '66 Bronco with us that he didn't say a word about).
The highlights of the day were 1) When the trash talker in the Jeep blew a bead on his way down a trail. 2) When the same guy got rocks in his breaks and had to go back to camp to clean 'em out. and 3) While going up a long nasty hill that had a step halfway up, when some one said over the CD (without realizing I had one) "That looks like a Ford comercial!"
After we got back to cam to get ready to head out I think just about every one commented that they had underestimated the F150 and how impresed they were. The one excepton was the guy who had been trash talking earlier in the day, and he just kept his mouth shut.
As we headed out, we passed Lil_bro and his friend in his friend's Toyota. They had gotten a late start then had their power steering lock up about 30 miles before they got there which delayed them a few hours.
It would have been nice to have had a bunch of F150s on the run to show the Jeep guys what we can do.
We'll have to try it again.

Old 05-21-2000, 10:28 PM
Steve-
Did you make it out to the car show today? me and my bro were there but we didn't stay the whole time so i might have missed ya. Was hoping you'd pull up with the mud still on. It's alright though. We need to get out on the trail soon before i get rid of the jeeo and have some fun. Let me know next time you plan on goin and i'll try to come.

Old 05-23-2000, 03:39 PM
Talking

Here are some pics from the weekend. No action shots of Little Foot, but it gives you an idea of what the day was like. http://www.boknows.net/page2.html

------------------
Steve #1

'99 F150 "Little Foot" Regular Cab 5.4 4X4
'97 Mustang GT 4.6 <For Sale>
'87 K5 Blazer "Monster" 350 4X4 <For Sale>

http://www.geocities.com/f15099/

Old 05-24-2000, 11:51 PM
hey mudder didnt i get you started on taking those dinky little lights off and gettin some serious ones put on there. so shouldnt I be daylighter Jr.?

------------------
98 f150 4x4, 5.4, 4 inch Rancho lift kit, westin nerf bars, mannik grill guard, 4 kc daylighters(2-100 watts and 2-165 watts), Delta tool box, 16x8 KMC inferno rims, 295x75x16 BFG all-terrains, air raid filter kit, pioneer deh-p8000r deck, 4 pioneer 6x8 3 ways, 2 Rockford fosgate punch 10s, and a rockford fosgate punch 250 watt amp....soon to come....superchip,warn 9000 winch, and possibly a supercharger

Old 05-25-2000, 12:50 AM
Cool

I dont think so...I am MR.DAYLIGHTER... and I always will be. I am to the point where it is all about lights on my truck.....I will have the most...the brightest....and will be a force to reckon with after the sun goes down....But hey, if you wanna be jr. just let me know. I can get you a sticker made? And remember....The Light Squad, is the real deal...

Quick Reply: Texas Off Road Rally May 20th