D/FW members Steve#1, David H, and Mudder go off-roadin, see the pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-1999, 07:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post D/FW members Steve#1, David H, and Mudder go off-roadin, see the pics

Steve#1, David H, and I met up today to do some off-roadin. I brought my digital camera with me and got some great pics, mostly of Dave and Steve, but I got a couple of me.
We found some mud and some cool hills {some were really steep) and Dave and Steve had to go up every one of them, I kinda wussed out. But I did go down one that turned the truck sideways enough to where I could stick my arm out the window and touch the ground, NO JOKE, I was a little nervous. We are gonna try and make this a once a month thing and hope that more people will join us. So if any of you guys are in the D/FW area and would like to off-road with us just let us know or send me an email. Here are a few pics that I took:

Dave goin up, it took him a few tries but he made it

Dave inchin his way down, you had to be careful here or you would bottom out, he has a 4"lift but still had to take it slow, but he didn't have any problems

Dave rippin through the mud

------------------

Patrick aka Mudder
Arlington Texas (DFW), member of Fordified.
Stone Cold edition F150,Black 98 Styleside S/C F150 4x4 0RP 5.4 3.55ls, Ramsey Pro 8000 hidden winch, Grizzly roll bar,2 Baja lights, 4 165 watt KC lights (I can light up the night with these), Manik grille guard, Westin step bars, Magnum bug shield, Sonic aluminum treadplate 36" tool box, Flowmaster dual exhaust, K/N air filter, 265/75/16 BFG AT/S, American Racing Baja wheels, a Mobil Speed Pass on the back window, a F150 Online sticker, and a Stone Cold sticker on the front windshield . More to come for the 3:16 machine: 2 more KC lights, shocks, tail light guards and possibly a 3" Performance Accessories body lift. If you would like to see pics, email me at mudder46@hotmail.com or see pics at me and pony's new website www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/index2.html, and to hear the exhaust http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/ponysix8/images/T005.wav
Ford Trucks: "when you absolutely have to have the very best".
[img]

[This message has been edited by mudder (edited 12-16-1999).]

Old 12-16-1999, 07:45 PM
Thumbs up

Steve goin down hill, this made me a little nervous, but ne made it ok.

Steve tearin through the mud

Dave backin up through the mud, he figured what the hell, got two 4x4s to pull him out if he gets stuck, but he never did.

Dave back down again, he loved this

Old 12-16-1999, 07:53 PM
Dave's truck is pretty high with the 4" lift, but looks really tall in this pic

Here's one of the few of me, hopped out and took this pic, wish my truck sat that high off the ground

Dave with a grin, it was a lot of fun, and maybe the next time we go out I will have a body lift and my winch hooked up.

Old 12-16-1999, 08:04 PM
We decided to call it a day and have some Mickey D's. We were all pretty nasty, they went on to Bass Pro Shops but I went and cleaned the truck It was great and I had fun.

Steve's

Old 12-16-1999, 08:51 PM
All i have to say is YEA BABY!!!!!
I had a great time and we will definately have to do it again. Yall should have seen mudder runnin when i was tearin through that mud hole towards him both times. He would snap a picture and run. I just dont know what happened he just kept gettin in my way On the way back home i had to stop and clean off my headlights cause as you can tell from the pic at McDonalds they were slightly covered. Maybe next time we can get mumbly to take his rousch out there. Love the pics mudder. but maybe next time we can find a place without the trees.

------------------
98 f150 4x4, 5.4, 4 inch Rancho lift kit, westin nerf bars, mannik grill guard, 4 kc daylighters(2-100 watts and 2-165 watts), Delta tool box, 16x8 KMC inferno rims, 295x75x16 BFG all-terrains, air raid filter kit, pioneer deh-p8000r deck, 4 pioneer 6x8 3 ways, 2 Rockford fosgate punch 10s, and a rockford fosgate punch 250 watt amp....soon to come....superchip,warn 9000 winch, and possibly a supercharger

Old 12-16-1999, 09:08 PM
Yeah Dave it was awesome. A place with no trees would be good, and I know of one, but we can try and go there next time. Well Mumbly, wanna have some fun...hehehe....we'll pull ya out Maybe we can get a lot of people or just a few more to go out with us next time, we'll see. Take care.

Old 12-16-1999, 10:31 PM
Banned
Cool

Hell ya I'll go!!! Of course I will have to be in the cab of one of your truck. Heck I could be the camera man.

------------------
Mumbly also known as Buck
Carrollton Texas (DFW), Member of Fordified.
Black 1999 Stage 3 Roush F-150 Super Cab Flairside
Here are all the goodies: Kenne Bell Supercharger, Roush Suspension, 18"x 9.5 Chrome Wheels, B. F. Goodrich Z295/45, Full Ground Effects, Roush Leather Signatured Interior (Front and Back), Flowmaster with Side Exit Infront of the Wheel, Embroidered Floor Mats, F1 Cobra Hood, ******* Hard Tonneau, Bedrug, Slide Window, and lots of other little odds and ends

Work mumblywork@myf150.com
Home mumbly@myf150.com

[This message has been edited by Mumbly (edited 12-16-1999).]

Old 12-16-1999, 11:17 PM
Wink

Good idea Mumbly, that way I can get some pics of me in action. It's fun, you'd like it.

Old 12-17-1999, 08:30 AM
awww whats the matter mumbly? you dont wanna break the rousch? hehe i dont blame ya, but i bet that supercharger would be a whole hell of a lot of fun in the mud. Ya wanna buy me one and we can find out? I wont be picky any old supercharger will do...ya know Kenne & belle, paxton, whipple, eaton, holley...ya know all of the low name superchargers. I bet mudder would even like one.

------------------
98 f150 4x4, 5.4, 4 inch Rancho lift kit, westin nerf bars, mannik grill guard, 4 kc daylighters(2-100 watts and 2-165 watts), Delta tool box, 16x8 KMC inferno rims, 295x75x16 BFG all-terrains, air raid filter kit, pioneer deh-p8000r deck, 4 pioneer 6x8 3 ways, 2 Rockford fosgate punch 10s, and a rockford fosgate punch 250 watt amp....soon to come....superchip,warn 9000 winch, and possibly a supercharger

Old 12-17-1999, 02:00 PM
I'll Wanna go muddin in april as long as ya'll are there with a winch. K?

------------------
98 F150 2WD,Bright Red, Regular Cab, 4.2, 3.55, 5 Speed, Superchip, 2 Superchip Decals (I Think They Add 5 HP Each), 3 Inch Bullseye Lift Spindles, Manik Grill Guard,Nerf Bars, Vent Visors,Air Box Mod, Fog Lights Mounted In Front Air Dam ,2 Kc DayLighters, Back Up Lights, Alpine CD Player, 2 Kenwood Amps, 10 Inch MTX Blue Thunder SubWoofer, Tinted Windows. And Coming Soon: 3 Inch Body Lift Kit, 16.5 x 9.75 American Racing Baja Wheels Wrapped With 35x12.5x16.5 BFG All Terrains

'00 Toyota Celica GT( Wife's Car )

Pics @ <A HREF="http://www.angelfire.com/la2/ccla
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.angelfire.com/la2/ccla
</A>

Old 12-17-1999, 02:59 PM
Hey, Mudder did that front end dug in and bend the front plate. Looks like the tow hooks are full of dirt too. OH what fun you guys must have had. Crank up the torsion bars if you haven't done so yet.

------------------
'97 F150 Red/Silver Lariat, SC, 157" wheelbase.
Factory Equipment includes: 4x4, 5.4L, Automatic, 3.55LS, Grey leather, Power bucket seats, HD Tow package, Rear sliding window, Ford bed Liner, electric shift on the fly.

Aftermarket additions/modifications: Superchipped, Bug deflector, Window Drip edge guards, Sony 10 Disk CD changer, Chrome Nerf Bars, K&N Air filter, Air box Modification, 2-1/2" True Dual exhaust with chrome tips out the back, 36" glass packs, 265/75/16 Michelin LTX A/T's, custom rear spring pack, cranked torsion bars, Extang Tonneau cover.

Future additions: Hellwig bar, tinted front windows, still looking for "good" floor mats?.

Old 12-17-1999, 06:50 PM
Ok that's it! I'm moving to D/FW to hang with you freaks!!! Looks like you guys had a great time wheelin' in the mud.

Keep up the good work & turn the dirt!!!!!

------------------
99 4x4 XLT supercab 5.4L Flareside, Deep Wedgewood Blue/Med. Graphite w/Captain Chairs, Pioneer DEP-4000, Tint, K&N, Bedliner, 3" Catback w/3 Chamber Flowmaster, 285/75/16 BFG A/T on American Racing Python wheels, Stull Billet Grill

'00 Expedition XLT, Silver w/Dark graphite interior, 5.4L, Stull Billet Grill and some other stuff. All in all she'll stay stock. Ok, maybe a Flowmaster 50 series soon.

Old 12-17-1999, 07:07 PM
Dave, I'd love a supercharger.

EXTINGUISHFIRE, would be great if you can make it to the next one, we need all the people we can get out there.

ccla, we'll be there to pull ya out bud, my winch will be ready to go for sure

Redone, Steve's truck was already like that from some previous off-roading (the bent tow hooks and plate), but he made me kinda nervous when he was goin down the hill.

Old 12-18-1999, 12:50 AM
hey guys I would love to go, hang out and ride with your guys. I would of gone yest. but I have been busy getting ready for this ski trip I am going today. So I will look for the next one.

------------------
1998 F150 XLT Reg. Cab, STX, White, 4.2 v6, 4x2, K&N, 3.55, Manik grill gaurd, **** Cepek 100 watt driving lamps, Kenwood mask CD-player, drop hitch, Ford hitch insert, 16x8 Atlas rims w/ 285/75/16 BFG All-Terrains KO to be put on when I get the new retooled bullseye spindles

Old 12-18-1999, 02:21 AM
I had a great time, and I'm ready to do it again. I have a sugestion for the next place to go, Shiloh Ridge http://www.shilohridge.com/ is in east texas neer the town of Alto, which is between Nacogdoches and Palestine. They have a camp site there, so we can make a weekend of it. The area is privatly owned and there are all types of trails, and a few man made mud bogs. Who wants to pick the date?
Redone: I bent my licence plate on a different trip when I was crossing a little vally. The top of the ground looked slightly damp, but it turned out to be about 3' of thick mud. I stoped when the front end hit the dry dirt on the other side and bent the plate.
The bent tow hook is from hitting a wash in a dirt road at about 30mph with the tires at 12psi. I need to get an alignment, and I'll probably crank up the torsion bars before I have that done.

------------------
Steve #1

'99 F150 Regular Cab 5408.52cc 4X4
'97 Mustang GT 4611.05cc
'87 K5 Blazer 5766cc 4X4

http://www.geocities.com/f15099/