Upstate NY/Canada Rally

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2000, 01:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Currently, Saturday only is good for me. Would anyone be interested in taking an hour or so drive north to Oakville for a truck plant tour...maybe on Sat if that's possible. I could try to organize one. Opinions??

Wayne

Old 03-13-2000, 11:15 PM
Cool

Sure, I'm game for an Oakville truck plant tour!
I'm less than an hour away from Oakville. Maybee a tour of "filthy Mcnasty's" as well!

------------------
'97 S/C XLS black/silver 157" WB, 4.6/auto, 3:08, home made custom stainless tube grille, terminator muffler, phantom sweep wiper switch(factory installed), a few billet aluminum goodies (the list grows), airbox mods, TPS tuned
email: bazils@hotmail.com
http://content.communities.msn.com/bazilspix/PhotoAlbum

Old 03-14-2000, 07:52 AM
I'm not sure what "filthy McNasty's" is (gotta keep it PG - the family will be with me), but I'm also interested in the truck plant tour.
Send along the particulars (person limit?, times, etc...) when you get a chance.

Old 03-16-2000, 06:02 PM
Well... I have been driving by the Oakville truck plant for the last 3 years everyday, what a stretch of slow slow slow highway, and went by the back half of the plant on the go train for years years previous to that, but I'm game... we can race over the skyway in hamilton... nice 3 kilometer tear up and down the bridge... As for Philthy's, anytime, whoever does the hiring at the Oakville one has great taste in women... oh! did I say that?

------------------
Silver 99 F150 XLT 4.6l 4x2 Sport Extended Cab with Flare Sides...
Mods: K&N Air Filter, Tinted Side Windows, Flowmaster 40 Series Catback System, Reese Class 3, Airbox Mod's, Fiberglass Tonneau Cover, B&M Tranny Cooler, Tranny Temp Gauge, Water Temp Gauge, Autometer A-Pillar 2 Gauge Pod Kit, Auburn Limited Slip Differential, Ford Bug Deflector, Clear Front Corner Markers, Alpine Deck, 6 Disk Changer & Subwoofer Processor, Zapco AG750 Amp (times 2), Zapco AG360 Amp, JL 10W3 (times 4), JL Audio VR Series 5.25" Component Speakers (times 4), JL Audio VR Series Tweets (times 2), & 1 Farad Cap (times 2)
Coming soon: Spray-On Bed Liner, Headers(?)
Coming this Spring: Kenne Bell Supercharger, BellTech 2"/4" Drop Kit, New Wheels & Rubber

Old 04-04-2000, 12:34 AM
I have been trying to get in touch with the correct person for a tour of the Oakville plant but so far have gotten all the wrong people. Anybody have any ideas of "who" should be contacted??

Thanks,
Wayne

[This message has been edited by wmcd (edited 04-03-2000).]

Old 04-21-2000, 09:54 AM
Lightbulb

We still have a little less than two months until the Niagara Falls rally (supposedly 6/9-6/11). I don't know if I'm just being paranoid but I detect a certain lack of enthusiasm.
I originally thought that since most people would probably 'travel' an hour or two (or more), it would be more "worthwhile" if it was a full weekend thing. But, maybe we should just get together Saturday, shoot the sh*t, take pics, drink beers, cruise around, go to dinner, etc. and then go on our way...
What's everyone think?

BTW - I'm wavering on the Fri/Sat/Sun thing myself because the wife is questioning my interest in the Niagara Falls rally AND the National Rally in Norfolk. My brother lives in Norfolk, so I'm definitely inclined to attend the national rally, and then just do a one day thing (or an overnite) at N.F.
-Nic

'97 XL 4x4 SC w/more stuff than I can reasonably list...

Old 04-22-2000, 12:33 AM
Thumbs up

I'm in. Keep us advised on the date. Sounds like a good excuse to spend an evening at Mints!

------------------
2000 XLT supercab, 4x4 7700lb. package, 5.4L, 3.73 LS, CD changer, Flowmaster,Superchip, Airaid, Island Blue

Old 04-23-2000, 05:28 PM
Thumbs up

I am definitely interested in attending some kind of F150 / Ford rally for our area ... keep me posted on any new updates ... I know a couple of other guys who would be interested as well.

Corey - Would you mind if I came by to "hang-out" sometime soon ?

Old 04-24-2000, 01:10 PM
Thumbs up

Looks like a one-day (some people overnite) is the consensus, so let's set this thing up for Saturday June 10th.
I'll probably be staying over Sat. nite at the KOA on Lundy's Lane http://www.koakampgrounds.com/where/on/55201.htm

Any of you guys from that area of "Joe Canada-land" have any ideas for a meeting place or stuff to do?
(BTW - I love the 'nationalistic' fervor in that Joe Canada bit, and humbly apologize on behalf of those of us south of the border...)
I think there's a cart track somewhere near Marineland, and obviously plenty of 'Canadian ballet' spots (Mints, Sundowners, some McNasty thingy...) for later.
Any of you people from 'over there' willing to help take a stab at setting something up?

46 days and counting...
-Nic

Old 04-24-2000, 04:56 PM
Cool

Phlthy McNasty's is a roadhouse.(in Oakville, near the Ford plant) All they serve is booze & food...the closest "ballet" I know of (to the Ford Plant)is "Solid Gold" on Royal Windsor drive.
There is a go-cart track in Niagara Falls. It's at the highway(QEW) & Mcleod. I've never been to it.
To be honest, I'm just too busy to get into organization & planning of any events, but willing to make the Saturday get - together.
Sorry guys!

------------------
'97 S/C XLS black/silver 157" WB, 4.6/auto, 3:08, home made custom stainless tube grille, terminator muffler, phantom sweep wiper switch(factory installed), a few billet aluminum goodies (the list grows), airbox mods, TPS tuned
email: bazils@hotmail.com
http://content.communities.msn.com/bazilspix/PhotoAlbum

Old 05-09-2000, 01:20 AM
Lightbulb

Its already May 9th and we haven't settled on a plan yet for June 10th ... eeek! I know we are all busy with the daily grind ... I missing CruiseFest in Ohio this coming weekend... so I thought I would throw an idea(s) out. I'm not really sure whats avail. in the Falls other than Lundy's and what was mentioned before ... but a good spot would be the beach strip in Hamilton ... not just cause its close, I would drive almost anywhere ... the beach strip has something for everyone ... go-karts, mini-golf, waterpark, beach, big lake, Baranga's - drinking,eating, party, Hutch's - ice-cream etc and popular local cruise spot, not far from Cdn ballet ( Solid Gold's in Burlington ) for the late-nite non-family guys, and minutes from other eating establishments, the Ford plant is 1/2 hr away ... another idea is Cayuga Dragway Park, Ultimate Customs Open House (show) is that weekend as well ... just ideas guys ... let's get the ball rollin on this one!

Hey ... can anyone recommend a shop/supplier for a perforamnce exhaust system? Thanks!

Old 05-09-2000, 10:46 AM
33 days and counting...I agree that we need to firm up some plans.
The Hamilton "beach-strip" sounds good to me, but is there camping there?
I'm guessing that N.F. is only a 1/2 hour away or so (right?). But that's time that I would have to factor in if I stay at that KOA.
Do we have any other ideas/input?

Here's the last listing I had of those people interested:
Steve D'Amelio
George Mcpherson
JMC & Jean Marc
Paul Lauzon
Todd R. Huffer
Corey
Bazil
Defacto
BRBman
Darylvt
Jay Vocaire
RayC
& myself
Everyone still in?

Old 05-10-2000, 11:00 AM
Cool

gdgo - there is camping right along the beach strip ... actually at Confederation Park, also where the water park is located ...

Confederation Park Campground / 585 VanWagner's Beach Rd. -- (905) 578-1644

Anyone else staying overnight, but not camping ... the is a Comfort Inn just up the street / 183 Centennial Pkwy N. -- (905) 560-4500 or 800-228-5150

The Hamilton beach strip is right off the highway so it should be easy to find and it is approx. 1/2 hr from N.F. depending on traffic/speed ...

I am definitely in on whatever we decide to do ... what does everyone else think?

Old 05-10-2000, 04:58 PM
Well, the wife's already made plans for that KOA so it looks like I'm staying there.
How far is it from the QEW @ Lundy's to "The Strip"?
Can someone give me directions?
-Nic

Old 05-11-2000, 10:09 PM
Thumbs up

DIRECTIONS FOR JUNE 10th ...

From Niagara Falls
- take QEW to Toronto
- approx. 1/2 hr drive to Hamilton
- exit at N. Service Rd. / Centennial Pkwy N.
- left onto VanWagners Beach Rd at the traffic lights

Where and when do we want to meet?
If early in the morning we could meet/start the day off at the Golden Griddle just up the road or late morning we might as well meet at the Hutch's parking lot ... we would end up there anyways ... to eat, take pics, talk ... during the afternoon there is the go-karts, mini-golf, batting cages, waterpark, sitting at Baranga's for drinks or the beach/walkway ... evening/supper there are a few restaurnats nearby as well as Baranga's ... afterwards if the weather is good/warm back to Hutch's - lots of cruisers/hangout ... and for the late-nite single guys "Cdn ballet" ...
Tell me what you think ... any ideas suggestions always welcome and soon ... so we can draw up final plans and perhaps a headcount ... if directions are needed for others or clarification or whatever post it or e-mail me at 556731@ican.net

Quick Reply: Upstate NY/Canada Rally