SOCAL F150 Fords and Friends Rally

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2000, 12:40 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hey, I have an idea for you guys. Why don't you all just pack a bag for the weekend & hit the road w/"Franks & Beans" & "CAF150" and then Hook up with "Cableguy" in New Mexico on your way to Texas for the 2000 Texas Heatwave Custom Car & Truck Show !

I have a feeling that we have a very good shot at getting our picture in Truckin' magazine this year w/as many F-150's as we're gonna have there. It's time for us F150 owners to show up all those Chevy's !!

Duke, you need to break in those tires anyway ! LOL

SS

Old 06-15-2000, 12:54 AM
Cool

Hear ye, hear ye...yeah come on So Cal guys/gals join your fellow So Cal brethren and cruz on out to the BIGGEST show of the year. we'll have a blast and possibly get in a magizine. My wife is really praying for that. I promised if I ever get the truck in a mag. I'll stop doing mods to the truck. She took a gasp when she saw the latest cover of Truckin with that little shot of the Red F-150...it looks very similar, whew I'm glad it wasn't ours I still have a few more mods to do.

Old 06-16-2000, 02:00 PM
Cool

DirtSlinger, sounds like you've got a BigFoot brewing there. Can't wait to see it one day. I'm going the opposite direction... Tuesday ORW is giving BlooDog a 2/4 Belltech drop!

SS97Ford and cableguy, where is the TX rally and how long do you think it would take to get there from SD? I'm not sure if we can work it into our schedule (July is already hectic for us), but I'd like to at least try.

Franks & Beans is coming up next Sunday to do truck mods all day. I ordered 3 rolls of B-Quiet for us to plaster the inside of our cabs, plus a Hellwig anti-sway bar for my beast. Should be a busy day.

BTW, I've updated http://bloodog.com/ -- new design, easier to navigate, etc. Check it out.

--Duke

Old 06-16-2000, 02:27 PM
I think I've answered my own question at MapQuest.com.

Total Distance: 1355.4 miles
Total Estimated Time: 24 hours, 51 minutes

That's quite a hike! Darin, are you making a 2 day travel trip out of it?

--Duke

Old 06-16-2000, 02:38 PM
Sorry to get you all excited (including myself), and now I'm bummed I can't make it--but we had already planned a big family trip with our friends that weekend -- like a 4 day trip up the coast. So I will not be going unless for some reason this trip gets cancelled.

Take lots of pictures (Darin!) and I'll put them up at my site.

--Duke

Old 06-18-2000, 04:49 PM
franks&beans
Cool

CD,
Planning on 2 full days of driving. We are lving early Tuesday morning around 4am and meeting up w/ CAF150 in a TBD spot. Also picking up Cablyguy in New Mexico. This should put us in Austin sometime late afternoon on Wednesday. Will need the extra time to clear those bugs off and detail the truck for the show. We can't wait to go

------------------
1998 (50th anniversary series) Solid Pacific Green Metallic F-150 XLT Supercab, 4.2L, Automatic (4R70W), 2WD, Limited Slip, 8.8 axle, Tow Pkg, 6' bed, Rear slider

Accessories added:

Performance:
Superchip / 4.10 gears / K&N air filter / Outerwear’s pre-filter / Dynomax Super Turbo muffler

Suspension:
Edelbrock IAS shocks / Hellwig rear sway bar

Other "stuff":
Color keyed outer grill / Stull polished grills / (4) 3A Racing 55 watt driving lights / (2) **** Cepek 150 watt driving lights, all controlled by SPDT switches / Clear corners / Fiberglass hood / Signal mirrors / Driver side grab handle / White face gauges / Husky floor liners / Carr side steps / 3" rear seat lift / Black Max soft Tonneau cover / 3" body lift / OEM Chrome differential cover / Smart Park 2000 / Lighted Ford logo / (2) KC HiLight 55 watt back-up lights / Viper 550 alarm (remote start) / OEM fender flares / Lift lips / BFG AT's 265/75/16 tires / Custom painted OEM air dam, tailgate handle, F-150 emblems, slotted taillight covers, all plastic shields under the hood, and stone guards / 23 tooth speed-O gear.......

Contact me at;
lmaox10@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by franks&beans (edited 06-18-2000).]

Quick Reply: SOCAL F150 Fords and Friends Rally