We Had A Meet -Despite Hell or High Water

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2000, 07:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation We Had A Meet -Despite Hell or High Water

It actually happened, an offical Chapter meet of the New Jersey F150 Truck Club.
The charter members, those that attended the meet are: firezap, blackbolt,Sycoholic,mtknee,and steveo.

The High Water held out for this meet despite
the severe thunder storm warnings posted by the weather services. And the 'other place' was close at hand: once again, when steveo showed up the Park Rangers made extra visits to the meeting site. First, there was the ranger with the inflatable Mae West chest, he blew it up with every pass. Next was his boss who stopped by and was interested in the event and asked questions. Next, a West Windsor Twp. officier drove by, as soon as he saw blackbolt's ride he stopped and got out. As he was walking over to the group, steveo immediately 'assumed the position'. The officier was only interested in purchasing a Lightning. blackbolt gave him suggestions on where to look for dealers with 'L's. He also recommended this site.
In between the visits from The Man, we discussed current and future mods, upcoming events, etc. etc. We were hoping to see the pawn and Slammed Expy and maybe a surprise visit from a guy who claims to be the Middle Aged Kid who has it All (Dunbarton) .
We picked Sycoholics brain to see what's going on with Ford and F150s. We decided to let him change plugs next time, during his lunch break.
It was great to finally, officially, meet members and their families' . Our next formal meet has not been set but alot of side events are being finalized.
Pictures will be posted soon, our Chapter Webmaster; Firezap, worked all night Saturday, up all day Sunday, back to work Sunday night. Whenever he finally wakes up sometime Monday, he'll post them.

------------------
NJ Chapter F150 Truck Club

[email]NewJerseyChapter@F150fanatic.com[/emai]

Old 06-18-2000, 08:24 PM
Cool

WOW its about time!!!!!!!!!!!

J/K guys glad yall had a good time and congrats on a good first meet. Hope there are lots more to come for you guys.

------------------
TRUCK
2000 F150 Sport XLT 4.2L V6 Bright Red Flareside S/C. CD Player.

MODS
Code Alarm Surestart LX, Window Tint, K&N Filter. Flowmaster 50 series dual exhaust with 3.5" chrome tips, Superchip,Muth Signal Mirrors, clear corner lenses, ultra white halogen headlights, Lumi Logo In the front, Black Westin Nerf Bars, Red Wire Loom throughout the engine, Pioneer DEH-P7000R cd player, COBRA CB Radio.

Just purchased a 2001 Explorer Sport Trac 4x4 for mrs2ksport

http://communities.msn.com/2000sport

Old 06-18-2000, 09:29 PM
Cool

The first thing out of the township officer's mouth was "are they as fast as they say" and then from the peanut gallery came "why do you want to race". It was fun today drooling over everyone's babies. We had alot of RICE BOYS driving by real slow and rubber necking. Picking Syc's brain was real fun (it's about 3 1/2 hours so far Syc)

------------------
GOLD RUSH

'99 F150 XLT SC SB 5.4x2 Harvest Gold
3.55 limited slip
Trailer towing package
In-dash CD player

Slip on extender mirrors
Powerstop brake controller
Covermaster 1000 topper with wing
BugflectorII/Ventvisors (front&rear)
3 www.f150online.com decals
Ford Lumi Logo
Steelhorse Billet grill
Ford hitch cover

http:njf150truckclub.homestead.com

http://www.firezap.url4life.com
firezap@f150fanatic.com
firezapper@home.com

[This message has been edited by Firezap (edited 06-18-2000).]

Old 06-18-2000, 11:51 PM
Sorry I missed it guys. My truck needs to be washed before I show it off and it was raining. But next time.

------------------
black 97' x-cab 4x4, 5 speed 4.6, black westin nerf bars, 6 cd changer and a 12 premier sub, pilot ground searchers, borla SS split rear exhaust, K&N genII, bosch +4 plugs, superchip, flexalite electric fan, v-tech oval side window covers, IAS shocks

still to come: new spark plug wires, new rims and tires.

Old 06-19-2000, 01:02 AM
Smile

One other bit of business as a result of the meet. 2 Charter Associate members were named.

The 1st charter Associate Member is of course Steve E. the Webmaster of this great site!

The 2nd is F150Europe. After all the northern 1/2 of New Jersey was settled by the Dutch during the middle of the 17th Century. An he's all alone over there across the 'Pond'.

Welcome!

------------------
NJ Chapter F150 Truck Club

NewJerseyChapter@F150fanatic.com

Old 06-19-2000, 02:55 AM
Wink

Had a blast and so far I have found out that I need to save more money to buy some more toys. Almost four hours SYco if I did my math right. I personally had a blast and my girlfriend although not to hyper about it did also(see that is what a bottle of mudslide does to you) She drank a little to much the night before. I can't wait for the upcoming events, and hopefully I will be a good boy so the law doesn't bother us to much......ahahahahhah Finally got some half way decent pics of the truck after the meet and they are posted on 2000's site and also at www.my-f150.com/steveo........Thanks again fellas and ladies and congrats to the honorary members.Welcome.....steve

------------------
  • -1999 Ford F-150 Supercab Flareside ORP
  • -4.6 Liter V-8, Auto, 3.55 LS Rear
  • -Deep Wedgewood Blue
  • -Lund Lighted Moon Visor (painted)
  • -Lund Interceptor Bug Guard (painted)
  • -Deflecta-Shield Window Rain Guards (painted)
  • -Delecta-Shield Slotted Tail Light Covers (painted)
  • -Manik Grille Guard
  • -Ford Factory Cab Steps
  • -Extang Soft Bed Cover
  • -Yellow Under Car Strip Lights
  • -Tinted Windows (5% totally illegal)
  • -Pioneer P725R CD Player w/Flip Face Head Unit
  • -Superwhite Headlight Bulbs (from Online Store)
  • -K&N Air Filter
  • -Air Box Silencer Removed, Tail Light Modification
  • -Cranked Torsion Bars to Level Truck Out

In Loving Memory of Craig W. Menth Sr. Maltese Cross Fire Memorial Sticker

www.my-f150.com/steveo
steveo@f150fanatic.com

[This message has been edited by steveo (edited 06-19-2000).]

Old 06-19-2000, 10:03 AM
I was ready to go until my wife said it was Father's day (I had no idea) and I can't go anywhere, but gave me no reason why, she had plans with friends for us Dad's. Plus we are about to have #2 child at any moment and she'd be quite pissed if I wasn't around. I see there is a NJ Chapter so I'll get to a meet.

------------------
99 Expedition 2wd 5.4L, Silver w/Dark Grey Int, Billet Grill (custom chrome insert), Door sills, pedals, brake cover, ant, wiper covers, fender badges, rear view mirror. Shaved roof rack & tail gate, fog light bumper color matched. Clear front corners, WMS intake, directional mirrors. DJM control arms, Toxic shocks, Front and Rear Airbag suspension with 4 wheel independent control, 20in CEC's w 295-40-zr20, Alpine CVA 1005, 12 disc changer, TV, VCR, Audiobahn 6.5 Comp Fr/R, Audiobahnsubs, Audiobahn HC amps. Clifford Avantguard G4, fully Dynamatted from front to rear, Nav tail lights, Phillips HID headlights.

Old 06-19-2000, 04:35 PM
Talking

Thanks Guys.

So many dutch descendants !! out there in the US.
Now why wasn't I born there ?
I am so jealous about you guys.
We don't have those F150's meetings here.(yet)

CJ

Old 06-19-2000, 08:05 PM
Cool

4 hours!! Uh, Oh..

Well, Sunday night, the darned engine light went out!!! She's running great... I ran codes today and there was no continuous codes, but it stored a code for a cylinder 8 misfire. So, I ordered the 9mm Motorsport wires today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give it about a week and I'll be adding those to my signature. I can't wait

So, it was a blast. All I knew was I took my son to the bathroom, I came out, and jeepers, steveo attracted the cops! Come to find out blackbolt caused the disturbance. All this picking of my brain...geesh... Maybe I should buy some Excedrin for the next meet.

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Lund Lunar Visor, Ventshades, AVS slotted taillight covers painted to match, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

Old 06-21-2000, 07:46 PM
Cool

Hey all,
Want to say thanks for letting me and the missus attend (even though we are keystoners) , it's nice to know that you can meet friends anywhere when each one of us owns a great vehicle...
Firezap:
Sharon says thanks for the great shot of her sitting in the bed of the truck sort of made her feel like a widdle kid...haha
Steveo:
I am going to go looking for that missing wheel spin and smoke that you were talking about...might be in an "L" crate motor, maybe we could convince Sycho to put it in while on lunch break some time, should take him about 1/2 an hour ...give or take a minute...
Wyldf150:
I am going to have to remember that is your new moniker..but you aren't going to get out of any mod work by changing it..
MtKnee:
Well it looks like you and steveo are going to have see who had the best bribe for Wyld's time in order to get hime to put in any of the mods you were talking about..good luck

and to anyone who thought that it was i that caused the disturbance, just remember, i didn't assume the position when the park ranger or the local officer showed up... seems like some of us might have been there or done that before...got to give the local credit though at least he was driving a Vic..
good time was had by all, including the 7-11 and gas station owners who were gawking at the trucks....see ya's soon....

------------------
99.5 Black Lightning
Truck #2215 of 4000
13.78@99.85m.p.h.
bedrug liner
water wetter
A.R.E. tonneau
Castrol SynBlend
driving light covers (smoked, thanks Wyldman)
ordering PSP setup this spring when IRS day is past

Old 06-22-2000, 01:00 AM
Wink

I am innocent. Well isn't that what every criminal says.(remember OJ) I am going to be looking for the individual that caused the problem at the Carlisle show.(OJ it wasn't me)hahahahah Sycoholic is all booked up wee-knee so stay away and don't get in the middle of a man, his truck, and his mods......steve...

Old 06-22-2000, 11:04 PM
Cool

Oh darn, I think I left all my tools at work...

------------------
1997 F-150, 4.6, automatic, Dark Toreador Red, Supercab, Flareside, 4X4 Off-Road, Towing Package, Ford hvy dty rubber floor mats, Kenwood 10-disk cd changer, Kenwood am/fm cassette head unit, Ford bugshield, Chrome Grizzly Wrap Around Push Bar with 2 KC 100w Daylighters, Lund Lunar Visor, Ventshades, AVS slotted taillight covers painted to match, Ford bedliner, Lund Premier tonneau cover, cab and bed professionally undercoated, Code Alarm Sure Start RVS remote starter, Ford alarm, Realistic CB with Wilson Little Wil antenna, ported MAF sensor, and Lots of TLC!! (Besides being an F-150 nut, I am a Ford auto technician.)

http://njf150truckclub.homestead.com/wyldf150.html

Quick Reply: We Had A Meet -Despite Hell or High Water