Virginia Beach F150 Rally Itinerary

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2000, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Virginia Beach F150 Rally Itinerary

Mike or Raoul,

I know Mike posted this some time ago but would it be possible to post a brief schedule for all too see and print for the Virginia Beach F150 online gathering? Some may not be fully aware of what is offered.

It's getting close .........

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 06-30-2000, 01:56 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hi Dunbarton!

Sure! All you have to do is take a look at the link below, all that has been posted for months now. Steve was kind enough to set up an area where all that info is centralized, so I don't have to repeat it to each of the many emails and posts asking the same questions. Everyone of course wants and needs to know, so it's all been posted at the URL below.
https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

The only thing we haven't done is to set up an alternate event for those who do not want to go to the drag stip on Saturday, but so far almost everyone is going, so we may not do that.

You're right, it is getting close, and there are still a few details to be worked out, but as far as scheduled events, that is basically pretty much done.

Give me a shout in email if you need anything, ok?

See you in a few weeks, *FINALLY* I'll get to see in person, the one and only DUNBARTON!

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Old 06-30-2000, 02:09 PM
Mike, Steve,

Thank you. Please forgive me, with so many posts regarding this I simply forgot where it all was.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 07-01-2000, 02:25 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Dunbarton,

No problem! You do raise a good point, in that we do need to get down a bit closer schedule of times, etc. and we are working on that right now. In the next week or so hopefully, maybe a bit longer, we'll have all the exact times nailed down, talk about meeting places & arrangements, etc.

In other words, exactly what you asked for.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Old 07-10-2000, 11:36 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi Dunbarton & All:

OK, we have the brunch confirmed for 11:00 am on Sunday.

So far, the rough itinerary is:

Friday July 28th

Tour of the Norfolk Light Truck Assembly Plant, 12:00 Noon. If more than 40 people register, a second tour will be added for 9:30 am that same morning.

Then there is the free concert & get-together on the oceanfront, as part of the City of Norfolk's "TGIF" series. The concert will start at 6 pm, and go on for several hours.

Saturday July 29th

DRAG STRIP EVENT!!

Virginia Motorsports Park in Dinwiddie. This is going to be about a 2-hour drive from Virginia Beach, and time trials start at 10:00 am, with eliminations starting at about 1:30 pm. We'll all be getting together that Saturday morning and driving up in a convoy to the drag strip. This is the Big Buck Summer Shootout event, and we have been invited to stay and participate in eliminations. This event will be a fairly long one, with the drive up and back and the eliminations, it's going to take up the day and well into the night.

Sunday July 30th

Brunch at "The Jewish Mother", in Virginia Beach, 11:00 am.

We have plenty of time in between each event for those who want to take a break, or go do other sight-seeing, etc.

Just so everyone can touch base with us during the weekend, you can reach us at our Performance Products cell phone number of (540)718-3505 over that weekend.

See everyone in Norfolk!!!!!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 07-11-2000, 11:26 PM
Question

Mike, how familiar are you with VA drag strip? If I were to bring my 8 year old boy with me, will he be allowed in the pit (or wherever those of us who intend to "compete" end up)? Does the fee for the competition cover the grandstand? I went to the VA Nationals there a couple of years ago, but I don't remember much about it, except for the 1/2 mile walk in the dirt from the parking area...

Also, a general question to all... Are any of you bringing kids with you to the strip?

Thanks in advance...

------------------
'98 F-150 4x4 XLT SC/SB, 4.6L automatic, Dark Toreador Red / Prairie Tan, Westin step tubes, Gibson Swept Side, K&N w/ custom box, Autometer pod and gauge assy and other cool stuff...

Old 07-12-2000, 11:43 AM
Former Sponsor
HI JP,

Good questions, and I don't know the answer, but usually there were no problems with bringing children of just about any age to a drag strip, to sit in the stands, that has been my experience in years past. VMS rules state that you must be 16 to compete, and 14 to enter restricted areas like the pits, etc.

You can contact Virginia Motorsports Park directly at: (804) 730-0058, or (804) 862-3174. Our contact there is Brian Pierce, but anyone can give you the basic rules for the track.

Also, here are a couple of links to their web site:
http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com

That link has all the other links to find the directions to the track from wherever you are in the country, and all other info.

This link will take you directly to the rules: http://www.virginiamotorsportspk.com/ET_Rules.html

By the way, anyone seeking any info can simply click on the icon that is on top of all the pages here, that says "F-150 Online National Rally" Steve Eppinger the Webmaster here has done a very nice job of providing all the links, etc. right there in a central location, and here is that URL as well: https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Hope that helps, & see you there!
------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

[This message has been edited by Superchips_Distributor (edited 07-12-2000).]

Old 07-18-2000, 10:52 PM
4D-4TH-S&
Talking

Hey Mike ,
Is the concert at the O'front or at Town Pt Park? I havent seen anything at the beach this year other than Viva-Las-Elvis and "Pinky the magic invisible elephant" show (joke) . On the other hand , T.P.P has had many major headliners for free !(plus there's a HOOTERS nearby!) . And by the way , where is the ocean front in Norfolk (I wanna buy some land there before everyone else finds out! )
chris

Old 07-19-2000, 01:13 PM
Former Sponsor
It's at the oceanfront, but in Norfolk, in Ocean View, the section that has been cleaned up and rebuilt. Right where the old amusement park where the movie "Rollercoaster" was filmed, next to where the old Nansemond Hotel, where Operation Torch in WWII was planned used to be.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Virginia Beach F150 Rally Itinerary