Texas Heat Wave ****Itinerary****

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2000, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Texas Heat Wave ****Itinerary****

Here is the list of events through out the weekend. Don't forget things can change without notice so try to keep us informed of what you plan or want to do. Also don't forget to bring sunscreen and plenty of liquid. When I say liquid yes you are allowed to bring beer and such as long as it is not glass. I would suggest bring water and a cooler, this will help keep things cold. It will be very hot at the show and you don't want to get dehydrated.

Later,

SS and Mumbly
Email us for our cell numbers if you need it.

Wed. the 19th.

Not a lot. Some of us will be showing up.

Thurs. the 20th.

8:30am Sean, Mumbly and the Long Distance Crew from the West are meeting at Parmer and Mopac on our way to do some last minute prep on our trucks. I'm sure that we will be all over Austin so you might want to use either Mumbly's or SS's Cell phone for contact should you arrive in town and want to catch up with us.

2:00pm We will head to the La Quinta and get checked in (At least that is the time I need to).

2:00pm through 5:00 We will most likely be hanging at the hotel or SS's house pending on what needs to be done. i.e.: clean up trucks, drink beer, etc.

5:00pm We will get ready to head down to County Line BBQ. This will be the one on 2222 close to the 360. If you plan on being in around this time please contact us so that we will wait for you.

7:00pm or so. Pending on how late we get out of dinner we will head back to the hotel or SS's house(so those that want to can do some cleaning and such). Heck it will turn out to be one of those bull sessions with one person doing some work.

Fri. the 21st

8:00am Sleep in since we will need the rest for Saturday morning.

around 10:00am or so probably head to SS's house for some breakfast (He He He He. Most likely head over and get ready for the day).

12:00pm For those in Austin we could Head to Smokey J's for some Fajitas. Maybe head to the lookout over Lake Travis for a photo shoot. This is still up in the air. Kind of depends on who and what needs to be done.

2:00pm Head back to the Hotel and get everyone together.

3:30pm (Let me know if you will not be in Austin at this time) Get everyone in the row that I have put below. This is the way we plan on parking at the show on Saturday. This will help put us in the line we need. We will leave the hotel and head to the show grounds to get checked in.

4:00pm or so we will be at the show grounds and will proceed to get classified and check out the area for how we will park the next day.

5:00pm It may take a long time to get classified, not sure though. We will make up our mind what to do from here (Take at a look at the events for the Heatwave below). I will stress that we are getting up early Sat. so sleep is a thought.

Sat. the 22nd

6:30 If we are all classified then this will be the time to leave. We will stage up like the night before and head to the show. We will figure something out if there is anyone that still needs to be classified.

7:00 Get to the show and hope to get parked. We hope to take up one row or even a corner of the row. After parked get the tents up and get the trucks ready.

Afternoon and on, wait to be judged and talk with the spectators. Mainly have a good time.

Early Evening, Decide what to do. As long as we have been judged and it is close to the 6:00. We may need to ask judges if it is ok to leave since it says that you could be diqualified if you leave before 6:00pm. We could go to the Whataburger hotrod night(something that happens every weekend) or come back to the show for the nights events. It does cost $10 for the evening events.

Sun. the 23rd

Get up and head to the show around 9:30. Park and show the trucks. Maybe play some of the games going on. Wait for the Award Ceremony.

After the awards head home.

Directions to the Show and the hotel use Mapqwest.com. Here are the addresses

This is the info on where the hotel is and the #
La Quinta Inn - Austin - Round Rock Map #6
I-35 and Exit 254
2004 North I-35
Round Rock, TX 78681
(512) 255-6666

This is where the show will take place.
Travis County Expo Center or
7311 Decker Ln
Austin, TX

Show Schedule

Friday
7:00AM 1. Registration 2. Classification 3. Get a good camp spot and hang out and clean your ride.
8:00AM Scavenger Hunt Starts
7:30PM Line up for Cruise to down town Austin
8:00PM Start Cruise

SATURDAY
7:00AM Gates Open 1. Registration 2. Classification 3. Park in show area
9:00AM Judging will begin (this runs all day almost)
10:30AM Crank It Up begins
11:00AM Volleyball Competition
1:00PM Stationary Burn Out
2:30PM Freeze-N-Squeeze
6:30PM Lowest Truck Competition
9:00PM Neon Contest
11:00PM Wet ti- I mean Wet T-shirt Contest

SUNDAY 7:00AM Gates Open
We will try to park in the same spot but that don't mean we need to be there real early since hopefully we will already be judged.
10:00AM Tug-of-War
10:30AM Registration Closes
Volleyball final bracket
Crank It Up continues
10:45AM Tire Toss
11:30AM Launching Burn out Competition
1:00PM Hydraulic Contest
2:00PM Door Prizes
2:30PM Bikini & Hot Body Finals
4:00PM Award Ceremony

Here is the lineup for parking at the show as well as traveling over to the show. As you can tell we did it by color a height.
1. Mumbly Black
2. SS97Ford White
3. Black Hawk Black
4. Cableguy Red
5. Gunman Black
6. CafF150 White
7. Sixpipes Black
8. Flatsman White
9. The Boss Green
10. Pony Silver
11. Joseph73 Green
12. 2000Sport Red
13. Crash Black
14. Mrs 2000 Red
15. Steve #1 Dark Blue
16. Franks & Beans Green
17. Mudder Black
18. Indigo Indigo Blue
19. TexasAg Aggie Red
20. Davensa White
21. Dave in Waco Red
22. Big Ed White with a brown bottom
23. The Boss's Friend Not sure(thus we may move this one around)

------------------
If your interested in the Texas Chapter email me at texaschapter@hotmail.com

[This message has been edited by Texas Chapter (edited 07-13-2000).]

Old 07-13-2000, 04:53 PM
Banned
Sorry for the long post. If you plan on trying to meet up with up print the post and give us a email. Everyone on the list should have gotten a email of the post, I hope.

Old 07-14-2000, 11:16 AM
Exclamation

Just want to add my .02: Everyone loves beer or a glass of wine, but I just looked at the extended forecast for Austin. Temps are expected to be in the 100's all weekend.

Alcohol WILL dehydrate you very quickly...you WILL get dizzy and faint if you aren't careful. It has happened to me when I thought I'd be a big shot, drink beer and play golf on a hot day...never again! Your best bet is water, ice and lots of it. Soda/juice/Gatorade is ok, but water is really the best for all of our hot bods *laughing* Bring a hat and some good UV proof sunglasses too!

Not trying to tell y'all what to do...just want everyone to be safe! There will be plenty of time for everyone to have a cold one when we party in the evening after the day is through. Let's all be careful during the day so we can all enjoy!

Mumbly/SS: Maybe we should scope out a nearby 7-11 for drinks/ice/etc?

------------------
1999 F-150 4x4 SuperCab, Deep Wedgewood Blue, ORP, 4-Wheel ABS discs, Power Everything, Captains Chairs, 3.73 Axle, Flowmaster 50 series, K&N, Tint, Expedition Center Console, Super-White headlights, Westin Nerf Bars and Bed Rails, Toff Spray-On Bedliner, Pioneer DEH-P3000 and TS-A6815 speakers, ADS PQ/8 amp.

Old 07-14-2000, 07:32 PM
Hay Buck, you left at least one truck out of the lineup. MINE! The reason you didn't get my regestration form is I just foundout the other day that i'm going. I am not staying at the hotel, but I intend to meet yall there sometime between thursday and friday morning (probably friday morning before yall head out).
Just so you know "f150freak BLACK"

Old 07-15-2000, 10:57 AM
Cool

Indigo -

When I drink, I usually get dizzy and faint no matter what the weather is like. Looking forward to meeting you in Austin.

[This message has been edited by sixpipes (edited 07-15-2000).]

Old 07-15-2000, 10:19 PM
had planned on taking bro's truck to heatwave or my friends f150 4x4 but both of those are now out of the question. Me and my friend will still be going only in my friends jeep. Patrick and Steve know him. We already have reservations at the la quinta though. Hope to see you guys there.
Lee
aka Lil_bro

Old 07-16-2000, 03:51 PM
Cool

Lil_bro -

I have the passenger seat open for the weekend so maybe you can hitch a ride in the GO_RILA when we all go cruisin.

Old 07-16-2000, 10:44 PM
Sixpipes-
that would be awesome. Label that seat reserved for me bud. Nothing like feeling the power of the go-rilla. See ya next weekend.
Lee
Lil_bro

Old 07-17-2000, 12:21 AM
Banned
Glad you'll make it Lee.
Too bad you can't bring an F150 though !

SS

Old 07-17-2000, 08:48 AM
Cool

Lil_bro-I am right behind Old Sixpipes and his Go_RILA and I can offer your buddy a seat in MRS. GO_RILA.

------------------
98 White 4.6 Triton STX Flairside,Class III hitch, Blue Cobra Stripes, Euro Lid by Astro, Bed Rug, Fiero Wing, Air Dam,Westin Step Bars, Ground Force 2-4 Drop, Super Chip,Jacobs DIS Ignition, B&M Shift Kit, K&N, Jet coated JBA stainless headers, Magna Flow Muffler with Stainless Duals and of course fully Blown by Magnacharger!

Old 07-17-2000, 09:11 AM
Sixpipes,

I look forward to meeting you too. Only a few days to go and it should be a great weekend for everyone!

Old 07-18-2000, 12:24 AM
thanks flatsman,
i'll talk to my bud and see what he thinks, he shouldn't have any objections. see yall this weekend.
Lil_bro

Old 07-18-2000, 12:44 AM
Banned
Talking

Hey All you show participants !!!!

Just got a box of stuff for the draw your name out of the hat from Roger !
Got over 10 things to win !! Let's just keep it a secret as to what it all is. A couple bigger gifts & then quite a few smaller items you could win !

THANKS ROGER LEMERE ! YOU DA MAN !!

SS

Old 07-18-2000, 09:06 AM
Banned
Arrow

Sounds great Sean. Thanks Roger

Old 07-19-2000, 07:31 PM
Looks like Mrs Silver_2000_ ! and I will be coming into town on Saturday and staying Saturday nite. A recent reorg at work which will prevent me from getting anytime off this week to head out early. I am not likely to enter eny of the events but a road trip will be fun and We'll be able to check out all the trucks....

Looking forward to seeing you all !!

Doug

------------------
Got Silver 2000 Lightning 2/28/00!!
1st run 13.9 sec 1/4 !!
Doug
Carrollton TX
drbdkb@hotmail.com
Had 87 Turbo Coupe traded for
92 F150 XLT 302, Put K&N Filter, cat back and Chip on 92 still not enough.

Silver 2000 Lightning, 3.73 gears ( Expensive ), Superchip, Valentine 1, Snuglid, Bedrug and nickel tint.
Have Sals Chip and Filter on order ( 100 days and counting ) , cant wait.

[This message has been edited by Silver_2000_! (edited 07-20-2000).]

Quick Reply: Texas Heat Wave ****Itinerary****