Fresno-Central Cal Get Together

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2000, 09:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Fresno-Central Cal Get Together

Marv1 and I, in a continuation of the Nor-Cal Rally, are meeting in the Fresno area mid-morning on Sunday (7/23)to talk trucks. Who else would like to join us?

We will have a digital camera there, so we can plaster your truck all over the internet!

Let us know if you want to meet and we will give the the time and location.

------------------
BOB
97 F150 Lariet 4X4 SC Everything except ESOF plus Line-X Bed Liner, Power Rear Slider, 16X8 Chrome Centerline Starfires, 305-70 Goodyear AT/S, Alpine Alarm, Deflecta-Shield Sportrends Running Boards, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, a new "no piston slap" 5.4, a new "no-crack" door and a Better Built tool chest.

Old 07-20-2000, 03:20 AM
I would love to join you guys, but man, Sunday is a bad day for me. I missed the last get together, and really want to go to the next event. Just keep the plans posted and I will arrange to come to the next one. I too would like to just talk trucks for hours and admire each others rigs.

------------------
98 F150 4x4 ORP 5.4L Super Cab XLT, Loaded. 4" Trailmaster Suspension Lift, 35x12.50x16.5 BFG Mud Terrains, 16.5 x 9.75 Weld Racing Super Single II wheels, Stull Billet Grill and Bumper Insert, Billet Antenna, Ford Bug Guard, Custom Dual 40 series Flowmaster Exhaust out the back, Airaid FIPK, Super Chip, Ford Racing decal on Rear Slider, and a Ford Hitch Cover to top it off!

Old 07-21-2000, 01:15 AM
Thumbs up

I'm in SoCal but there doesn't seem to be much off road action down here. It's all the lowride guys. Not that I don't dig the chopped rides but I need to find some muddin' buddies. I don't know if I can make the drive to Central CA very often but if I get a chance I might make a long weekend of it. I've been meaning to see some of the Nat'l/State parks up there anyway. In the meantime, do you guys know of anywhere to off road or just hang out and drool over trucks in SoCal?

------------------
Y2K SCab 4X4, Chesnut Metallic, 5.4L, 3.55 Limited Slip, Skid Plates, Factory AM/FM/CD, 40/60 Split Bench, Sliding Rear Window, Towing Package and Keyless Entry. Tons of mods planned as soon as the wife lets me off the hook for the new toy!

[This message has been edited by onemilmhz (edited 07-21-2000).]

Old 07-21-2000, 09:48 AM
onemilmhz,

Sorry, I don't really know the answer to your question. However, there is a bunch of guys in the San Diego area who go out. Darren AKA franks&beans is a good guy and he can help you out with an off-road connection. At least I think so!

Sequoia National Park has some BIG trees. It is a heck of a nice place to visit.

Have fun,

BOB

By the way, the plan is form Marv1 & I to meet at the In-N-Out Burger on Shaw Avenue, just East of Hi-Way 99 @ 11 on Sunday.

------------------
BOB
97 F150 Lariet 4X4 SC Everything except ESOF plus Line-X Bed Liner, Power Rear Slider, 16X8 Chrome Centerline Starfires, 305-70 Goodyear AT/S, Alpine Alarm, Deflecta-Shield Sportrends Running Boards, Edelbrock IAS Shocks, a new "no piston slap" 5.4, a new "no-crack" door and a Better Built tool chest.

Old 07-21-2000, 10:12 AM
Welcome to So. Cal "onemilmhz"! How do you like the california humidity? :-)

As far as places to of road in So. Cal- it depends on where you are at. If you are in the San Diego area- Borrego Springs is an awesome spot to off road. There are plenty of sand dunes, washes, gullys, steep mountains, lots of boulders, etc. it takes about an hour and 15 minutes to get out there. I go at least twice a year. Most of it is national park- costs $5 for the day, and most of it is mild to moderate for off roading. The washes are great fun to drive thru. Last trip was 50 miles on dirt thru washes, sand dunes and some steep hills.

If you dont want to drop down in the valley, check out Jacumba (ha-cumba). it's about 50 minutes from san diego. lots of rocks but quite of view of the valley.

As for a central cal get together.....let me see where fresno is on a map!!!! :-) I have never been further than bakersfield!! Ive been east as far as I-10 will take ya, but never further North than that! Might be fun though.

------------------
White,XLT 4x4,5.4L,K&N Filter.....what's next?
*manik.comMANIK Brushguard grille, siderails, & taillight covers (coming soon)!!!!
*line-x.com Bedliner (gray).

Old 07-24-2000, 11:41 AM
Hi California members,
I have a question for you all, I have a brother that lives in Burbank and a Uncle that lives in or around Sacramento...I am considering driving up next year for a week or two, and would like to meet some of you. I met Chet and Darren this weekend in Texas, great guys..! When is the coolist 65-75, with out rain, time of the year.....Need to start planning now...any help will do, thanks in advance.....Dave

------------------
1998 F-150, SC/Flairside,oxford white 4x2,4.6,auto,3.55s,nerf bars,cls 111 towing,bed liner w/mat,atlas polished wheels w/285/75 R/16 BFG A/Ts (black side out),all plastics guards/bug shields,air raid/k & n filter, superchipped, duals out the back corners, flow master 3 chamber, snug top lid, f-150 online sticker back window-honk if you see me!!! Fabtech 3 1/2 lift .coverking dash cover, Lumi Logo's (front and rear), clear front corner lenses, muth mirrors,3" bullseye spindles, dash mounted CB, (TX Chapter requirement,lol),personalized license plates, Superlift traction bars,Image tail light covers (painted).

San Antonio
DWESSELS89@AOL.COM

Old 07-24-2000, 02:06 PM
DAVENSA:
Fantastic news...we would enjoy seeing you during your visit. I live in the center of California between Burbank and Sacramento so you just gotta stop here to visit. The best time is probably March-April cause its after the rain and fog and before it heats up. After that, it's probably late October or November before it cools down to 65-70.
Keep us posted.

Here's apicture of F150BOB and his son who also live in Sacramento

------------------
'99 F150 SC, 4x2, Oxford white, flareside, 5.4, 3.55 rearend,
bodyside mouldings, Snuglid hard tonneau, K&N dropin, airbox and frsh air mods.
Duraliner drop-in (gave up on the Penda Nascar). Gibson Supertruck. Ford 2-piece bra. Catch-All floor mats. Image tail light covers. B-Quiet sound dampener in rear of cab. **** pile rug protecing spare tire (Raoul made me enter this)
No door cracks yet at 13K!!!

[This message has been edited by Marv1 (edited 07-24-2000).]

Old 07-24-2000, 11:59 PM
Davensa, I agree w/Marv on when to come out here. I live in Livermore, which is in the SF Bay Area, but April, or Oct/Nov. would be the best time for rain free/beatuful 65 degree weather. I would be up for a truck rally!

------------------
98 F150 4x4 ORP 5.4L Super Cab XLT, Loaded. 4" Trailmaster Suspension Lift, 35x12.50x16.5 BFG Mud Terrains, 16.5 x 9.75 Weld Racing Super Single II wheels, Stull Billet Grill and Bumper Insert, Billet Antenna, Ford Bug Guard, Custom Dual 40 series Flowmaster Exhaust out the back, Airaid FIPK, Super Chip, Ford Racing decal on Rear Slider, and a Ford Hitch Cover to top it off!

Quick Reply: Fresno-Central Cal Get Together