Where do we want to meet?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2000, 03:54 PM
Former Sponsor
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Post Where do we want to meet?

Hi Gang,

OK, it's time to get down to the nitty-gritty.

We need to decide where we all want to meet for the Friday 12:00 Noon Norfolk truck assembly plant tour. As Raoul mentioned, there isn't a lot of room for parking all those vehicles at the plant, so we need to carpool over there as much as we reasonably can.

Since the hotel we're staying at (Sheraton @ Norfolk Waterside)is so close to the plant, my suggestion is let's meet at the hotel. There is a parking garage nearby, where there is plenty of room for everyone to park their vehicles. There is even valet parking at the hotel for anyone who wants to take advantage of this, or if anyone is disabled, like me.

I think we should meet at the hotel at say, 11:30 or a little bit before, so we can leave at by 11:45 or so.

We also need to discuss where at at what time we all want to meet for Saturday's drag racing at Virginia Motorsports Park. Remember that it is going to be a 2-hour drive from Norfolk to the drag strip in Dinwiddie. There are open time trials for the first hour, from 9am to 10 am. Then starting at 10 am, time trials are run according to class, or vehicle category in other words. Actual competition for the Summer Bash Big-Buck Bracket Race Shootout then starts at approximately 1:30 pm, and will run the rest of the day and well into the night. So we're going to have to leave Norfolk fairly early Saturday morning (yech!) in order to get in some runs during time trials. If we left at 9, we get there about 11, and still have 2&1/2 hours of time trials, for example. We can decide that on Friday, after everyone is there is you like, but it's time to at least start talking about this. Some people are not going to go down to Norfolk, but will be meeting us at the drag strip as they are driving down from up North.

Also, remember that the drag strip event is not just us, this is a big event that was scheduled a long time ago, so we're going there to participate in that existing event. In other words, there isn't going to be a big sign saying "F-150 Online Rally here". Just look for all the F-150's, and you'll see us, is probably how that's going to go, it'll be easy to find each other once we're there of course.

We're getting very close........

------------------
Mike Troyer
Performance Products, Inc.
National Distributor of Superchips
(540) 862-9515
Email: mtroyer@compuserve.com
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Old 07-22-2000, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mike,

What would be the better choice for us: To go directly to the Ford plant while residing near exit 289/Interstate 64 in Chesapeake or to meet at the Sheraton Waterside and proceed with everyone from there?

Makes no difference to me.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 07-24-2000, 02:17 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Dunbarton,

I'd say meet us at the Sheraton is the best bet, as there is of plenty of parking in a covered garage, and it's close to the plant.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515
Performance Products F150Online Superchip ordering system: F150Online Superchip Ordering System
First National F-150 Online Rally Info:https://www.f150online.com/rally2000/index.html

Old 07-24-2000, 03:10 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Ok, I'll be at the Sheraton before 11:30 sitting at the bar. I'll be drinking something with a little umbrella in it.

If the bar isn't open, I'll be in the lobby wearing some fruit in my hair. I don't know what kind of fruit yet, it will have to match my outfit.

Will somebody give me a ride?

Old 07-24-2000, 04:30 PM
Mike,

Will meet you all at the Sheraton Waterside about 11:15 or so.

Raoul, I can give you a ride ........ will have a lawn chair in the bed but I don't know whether I can snap the tonneau closed.

I'm playing it "straight" this trip ..... "Mom" will be with me and my attractive, single 35 year old sister-in-law.

------------------
Dunbarton "The Middle Aged Kid" '99 XLT SC SB 4x2 4.6 auto 3.55 ls The occasional Z-71 Eater! Wedgewood & Denim, SuperChipped, Airaid FIPK, HD electrical and cooling, power seat, Rhino Liner, Extang Classic tonneau cover, Mobil 1. Man, I got it all! (New Jersey)

Old 07-25-2000, 08:46 AM
Talking

Mike,

Bettina and I are looking forward to saturday at the track. We plan on leaving around 7AM and stopping for breakfast at Aunt Sarahs off of 95 south. Then we will proceed to VMP. I estimate our arrival at 10:30 or so.

Having never been to VMP before, are we planning to huddle in the pit area or just the general parking?????

I do plan on running. Maybe even Bettina...

Again, any input for a beginner is greatly appreciated.

Anyway, We will see you there.

------------------
Brian K
kimmel_brian@prc.com
thedink@ix.netcom.com

99.5 Black - Born 5/17/99
  • Tinted Windows
  • PSP Intake
  • Clear Corners
  • Autometer "Phantom" Boost Gauge
  • SuperChip "FlipChip" soon to be TRAC
  • Bedrug
  • Alpine Audio w/MB Quarts all around
  • Tow Package
  • Mobil 1
98 Acura 3.0 CL Daily Driver:

Old 07-25-2000, 01:49 PM
Exclamation

Well, I have two things to say:

1/ If anyone is interested in going off-road on saturday instead of going to the drag strip I am heading down to the OUTER BANKS to hit the beaches again. We are planning on taking our grill and grilling some burgers/hotdogs/etc. on the beach. Just have a nice cook-out and test the trails after and before we eat. Well, here is what we normally do. Leave hampton roads about 8am, get to Corolla/Corova beaches around 1015 or 1030, drive the beach some, maybe hit the trails, then we cook out some food, do some swimming, the hit the trails again, then go to Oregon Inlet and ride the beach down there, then check out the marina to see some of the deep sea catches of the day, then head out to Big Al's. It's a 50's style place with a bunch of Coke-a-Cola stuff all over the place. Then we just do what ever we feel like doing. If that sounds good to anyone, let me know and we can set up a time and place to meet so we can caravan down there. Oh, 2 wheel drives are most welcome to come too. The beach is not too difficult for you guys. Oregon Inlet may be but Corolla/Corova is definately not too bad.

There is only one problem with the parking garage at the Sheraton. I was there all last week for Microsoft SQL 7.0 training in the building adjacent to the garage. Well, the garage has only a 6'8" tall clearance, so if your truck is taller than 6'8" or even 6'6" I would not take it in there. I did not take my truck(97 F150 4X4) in due to this and it is stock height except for the 285/75 tires which are 32.8" tall. I'm pretty sure it would have fit but I know the antenna would have been slapping the crap out of the concrete beams. Y'all can park your tall trucks accross the street in the Mariott parking garage, it has a clearance of 7' I think and has parking for vehicles over 7' tall at the entrance of the garage. I hope you guys have fun at the tour, I can't make it. Gotta work, BUT I'll see y'all at the concert on Friday night.

------------------

Old 07-26-2000, 08:56 AM
Arrow

Im going to have to meet you guys at the ford plant. I will be taking the tour on my lunch hour, so I cannot afford the extra time of waiting at the hotel.

Save me a name tag.

Old 07-26-2000, 09:44 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile

As I recall, the tour lasted about two hours.
Also, when we were going to have two tours they suggested 9:30 and 12:00.
I think that was to allow the guide 30 minutes to catch his breath and mutter,
"What a bunch of jerks".

Old 07-26-2000, 10:01 AM
Thumbs up

I can pull two hours for lunch - I work late on fridays anyway (to avoid tunnel traffic).

Two hours will also give me more time to get my resume into the right hands.

Old 07-26-2000, 01:52 PM
Former Sponsor
Hi Bags,

Thanks for your post, and for offering to help those who might not want to go to the drag strip with us! Hope you have a great time doing the offroad thing!

It would be really nice if you could get some pictures, if that is possible. We'd liek to be able to include *everything* from this Rally, so we can get photos etc. back to Steve for posting here on F-150 Online.

See you Friday night at the concert!

And don't forget, if anyone needs to reach us during the Rally, our cell phone# is (540) 718-3505.

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Old 07-26-2000, 08:57 PM
Smile

I'll probably be arriving at about 2am or so -it depends what time I get on the road tommorow night I'll be staying at the sheraton so I guess I'll meet you guys/gals in the lobby at about 11 - if I'm not there come kick my door down !
Pat

Old 07-27-2000, 11:48 AM
Former Sponsor
Hi Pat,

We'll be getting in late ourselves, probably around 10pm to midnight. Plan to sleep in on Friday morning, for the first time in forever!

See everyone in the lobby at about 11:30!

------------------
Mike Troyer
(540) 862-9515

Quick Reply: Where do we want to meet?