Sandusky, Ohio Offroading and Cedar Point

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2001, 02:34 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Well, I made the reservation today for the campground! I'm really getting psyched now! Anyhow, they have a note with Scot's name refering to this & were going to tell the manager to keep us together. I told the girl to put me right next to Scot! Sorry Scot - you asked for it! LOL!
When you call they don't ask for a credit card # so all you need to do is tell them when, how many people & what kind of site you need! It's so easy!
See you guys in June! Bye!

------------------

www.andthensometoo.com/owners/cowlady
Love my truck & PROUD of it! If you can't beat 'em, you're NOT driving a FORD!
Shovies PROVE that FORD'S are #1!!
'97 Black F150 XLT ORP 4X4 Reg Cab/LB
4.6L/auto/3.55 LS/power EVERYTHING,
nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,
6 CD changer, lumbar support & 3 cow license plates - so far!

[This message has been edited by Cowlady (edited 06-05-2001).]

Old 06-05-2001, 08:59 AM
Thumbs up

The didn't ask for a credit card? That's weird. They've been asking most of us for ours. It's probably because we've given them enough business already, they're not concerned about it. Yeah, I'm getting psyched myself. CL -you're going to camp next to me? Cool. I can do a really good shadow show through the tent using my hands and plastic spiders

S.

Old 06-05-2001, 10:05 AM
Talking

Oh no - NOT the plastic spiders! LOL! I doubt you'll get stuck next to me but I wanted to make sure I was put in with the right group! After driving all that way I don't want to end up with a bunch of strangers. I couldn't handle people any stranger than our group! ROFL!
I'll call them back & INSIST they take my credit card info so I know I have my spot reserved. I thought it was odd but then again, I'm from NY - we think EVERYONE is odd compared to us!

------------------

nerf bars, 17" wheels, fog lights, trailer hitch w/electrical connector, front tow hooks, bed rail caps,

[This message has been edited by Cowlady (edited 06-05-2001).]

Old 06-06-2001, 02:06 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Slight change in plans for me... I need to be in Chicago around noon that Sunday, so it looks like i won't be spending the night Saturday. No park for me either.... That's oK, though, since I'll be going to the park on the 19th anyhow... I'm chaperoning a bunch of teens, but it'll be OK. Sorry, gang...

Hey, if we're taking pictures, does this mean I have to clean my truck?! Aw nuts!

-Joe-

------------------
98 Explorer (Lemon Law Case in Progress)

'00 F-150, X-cab, 4x4, Lariat, Off-road, Trailer Tow, Holandia Sunroof($1000), built 11/99 picked up 10/00!Clear Corners($36), Manik Stainless Steel 1-piece brush guard($700), Custom CB wiring, Uniden PC76-XLW CB radio($100) with K-40 Magna-Mount antenna (for now [$40]), 1 set of 165 watt KC Daylighters (for now... more on the way... $140) Fog Light Switch mod(free!!!), Custom switch mounting plate and overhead console, Bully Stainless Steel Trailer hitch drawbar w/ 2" stainless steel ball($80), Gray Tek Style Soft Tonneau Cover($250), Gray Line-X Bedliner ($450).
List of planned mods: Clear tails, torsion bar tweak, bug deflector, Chrome ORP rims.
93 Probe GT teal, OE rims painted to match, bone stock drivetrain, leaky exhaust.

Old 06-06-2001, 11:32 AM
For those of you who have not made reservations or did and got someone who had no clue to what our group was, ask for "Becky". She's the gal I worked with in organizing this and is very helpful. I know there's been some confusion with other people there, so talk to her and she'll square you away.

GI Joecam, sorry to hear that. At least you'll be there for the fun filled mud day.

S.

Old 06-07-2001, 10:50 PM
Cool

Hey I'm gonna make it and i'm all signed up. I need to share a site cuz I have no tent. If I can't find a nest I'll just sleep in my truck.I will be gettin there about noonish so c ya there! I'll be the the one in the old pick-up. LOL !

Old 06-08-2001, 01:04 AM
I just sent you verification of your sign up sheet and like i said if you are interested I know one of the Ohio members is offering up half his tent if you are interested. It is a two room tent.

[This message has been edited by big pa s (edited 06-12-2001).]

Old 06-09-2001, 03:02 AM
Exclamation

May I make a suggestion? There may be a few last minute attendees who will need to find a spot to sleep. If anyone has an extra tent can you bring it? I think PhoenixClaw's 1/2 tent is spoken for & I don't know if anyone else has extra room or not. Better to be safe then sleeping out in the back of a truck in case it rains!

------------------

Old 06-12-2001, 01:11 PM
I will just be sleeping in the cab of my truck, it's pretty comfortable. Do you think the park will have a problem with me parking next to one of your sites? Anyways, I'll be back in the chat room sometime this week, I don't have internet in my dorm room yet. Mr Scot, am I still meeting you on friday, at least i think that was the plan.

Old 06-12-2001, 01:47 PM
whatever your plans are I would reccomend that you move fast because I have already heard from one person that they were told the campground was booked up.

Old 06-12-2001, 04:00 PM
Thumbs up

Klaibs, yeah we're meeting on Fri. I'd like to get out of town about 4:00pm if that's not a problem. That would get us in Sandusky a little before 7:00pm if all goes well. I'm thinking of meeting north of Delaware on RT 23. Email when you can at scot740@yahoo.com. We'll be meeting Sdiesel, a friend and his Bronco, another who's trailering his Jeep, and we'll be meeting Phoenix Claw on the way a little further north. Let me know. I'm going on vacation this friday and probably won't be back on line until Wed, the 20th.

S.

Old 06-18-2001, 09:33 AM
In less than 1 week we're all going to be meeting! COOL! I am SO psyched! Anyone else this ecxcited? ROFL!

------------------

Old 06-18-2001, 09:54 AM
If anybody can, email me your cell phone number, as i will be in marion around 3pm friday. But will be driving from marion to our meeting spot on sat morning. I would like to have at least one or two contacts up there already in case i get lost or am running late. My email is the_only_outlaw@hotmail.com

thanks.
Travis

------------------
97 F-150 Flareside
S/C
4x4 5.4L auto 3.55 LS.

Mods so far:
K Air Filter
SUPERCHIP!
Westin Grille Guard
JVC 12 disc CD Changer
4 (and growing) 165 watt KC Daylighters
This KC thing is getting expensive

Future Plans
Hidden winch
Lift
Roll Bar

http://www.f150world.com/sprhck/

Old 06-18-2001, 10:22 PM
big pas,

I hate to have to report this, but I will not be able to attend any of the event on Saturday. I was hoping to meet you guys for the off-roading, but some unexpected problems have occurred since I made these plans (I had to help plan my grandmothers unexpected funeral) I wanted to get most of the work for my son's birthday party done early, but havn't had the chance. I have about 40 people heading to the house on Sat. and have nothing prepared yet. Needless to say, I will be working my ace off the next 4 days to get everything done. I just don't believe I am going to have Sat. morning to meet you guys, I will be too busy working to get things ready. I was going to meet you guys for some wheelin, then be back at my house by 1:30, but I know I just can't fit it in. It's a real bummer too, I have been dying to meet you guys! Anyway, lets start making plans for our second meeting, that way I know I will be there!

------------------
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Old 06-19-2001, 08:50 AM
RockyCarl,
Sorry to hear that you won't be there. But I even feel worse for your loss.

We will make sure to work on the next outing and will keep you informed. Good luck with the party on Saturday and Happy Belated Fathers Day.

Big Pa S

Quick Reply: Sandusky, Ohio Offroading and Cedar Point