Sandusky, Ohio Offroading and Cedar Point

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2001, 01:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Sandusky, Ohio Offroading and Cedar Point

For those of you that have not being following on the "Places to offroad" forum, currently there are plans being organized for a F150 gathering for some off-roading and a day at Cedar Point. Details are still being worked out, but if you would be interested please speak up so that an accurate head count of people and vehicles can be made. (This event is open to non-F150 veicles if you want to bring a friend.)

If you have any questions please fell free to e-mail me at af_stefan@yahoo.com

------------------
big pa s
1997 F150 ORP 3" Performance accessories Body lift
35x13.5x16 Mickey Thompson Baja Claws
16x10 AR Outlaw II's
Grill Guard
Side Steps
100 watt off road lights
55 watt fog lights
mud in every crevice of the truck

Old 04-18-2001, 10:08 AM
JMC
Technical Article Contributor

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Big pa s,

When and where? I shall be there. I will leave Saturday morning and meet the group for breakfast. Coffee, 3 slices of bacon, 2 eggs over easy and a side of toast. Hash browns would be heaven, but who wants to push!

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

------------------
00 F-150 XLT SC Flairside 4x4 4.6 w/5spd 3.55LSD
Warn XD9000i, skid plates, Draw tite class III,
Rancho RSX Reflex shocks, MAC 8.8 Axle Girdle
BFG 285/75 R16 MTs,
Borla Cat Back, Hedman Headers,
Custom air intake system with modified
air box, Ported Throttle body,
Shortened MAF sensor tower,
K&N air filter,
Superchips

[This message has been edited by JMC (edited 04-18-2001).]

Old 04-18-2001, 10:47 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

Just wanted to throw this on in too. Non-offroaders are welcome too, thats not all we'll be doing. So bring on the 2wd's, lightnings, etc..... Everyone is invited.

------------------
Black 1997 F-150 Extended Cab
4x4 w/Off-Road Package
5.4 liter Triton V8
Luverne Stainless Steel Nerf Bars
DeeZee Silver Series Toolbox
Grizzly Oval Style Chrome Grill/Brush Guard
Wrap around bug shield
Ventshade Ventvisors
Ford Factory Bedliner
Pioneer Deh-P6000 45 Watt CD Stereo
3" Trailmaster Body Lift
Smittybilt Outland Tail Light guards.
16x10 American Racing Polished Atlas Wheels
4 315/75R16 BF Goodrich All-Terrain TA/KO Tires on all four corners.
Flowmaster 50 Muffler w/Dual Pipes & 2 18" Stainless Tips
Next Up: 2 12" Subs w/Amp

Old 04-18-2001, 07:53 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
JMC... I know the perfect place for breakfast for you... Detroiter Truck Stop at exit 32 off I-75. Good, greasy, and fast. (and the food's not bad either) It's right on your way... If I can take the day off work, I'm going to go Friday, otherwise, I'll head down there Saturday morning too. It's about an hour and 45 minutes from the detroiter, so we don't have to leave too early. Also, for those who might be interested, and since Cedar Point is right there, Camper Village is right behind the park, they have an awesome and huge beach outside the park, There are a couple of hotels just outside the park, as well as one called Breakers right at the edge of the park. If it's really hot, there's Soak City Waterpark for loads of family fun, and lots of air conditioned shows and attractions, not to mention the Millenium Force, Magnum, Raptor, and a dozen other coasters for those of us still young enough to handle the thrills...

OH, and there might be some wheeling too...

I'm not at all ready to take my baby off-road, but if the weather's cool and dreary, then, I just might. If it's nice, I'm all about the park. Also, in terms of group discounts for park admission... if we only have, say, 19 that want in, we buy a pack of 25 discount tix, and then sell the extras at face value... I've always done that. As long as we're not turning a profit, it's not scalping, just an, ummm, 'mis-count". But seriously, we can get the group rate.

-Joe-

Old 04-19-2001, 10:10 AM
JMC

Big,

Can you repost the schedule so I can figure out what time to leave.

Joe,

Let me know if you go down Saturday, we could meet some where and drive down together.

Regards

Jean Marc Chartier

Old 04-19-2001, 10:17 AM
Also, for thos interested in the park, I can get the tickets through work for a discounted rate of $28. I think that's a saving of 7 bones. And I may have dinner taken care of for the camp. I just made 80 pounds of sausage/ italian sausage links, and it's darn good. I have too much now and you must eat it to help me clear my freezer

S.

Old 04-19-2001, 02:28 PM
Ok, I've found a nice camp site near Cedar Point. Once I have a better idea of the number of people wanting to camp, I can get a group rate. But as it stands, here's what the sites are going to run per day for tents:BAYSHORE ESTATES
Camping Rates - 2001

MAY 1 - JUNE 28 & AUGUST 19 - SEPTEMBER 2

Full Hook Up (paved, pull-thru or back-in) $29.00
Water/Electric/Cable (paved, pull-thru or back-in) $26.00
Water & Electric (back-in) $24.00
Electric (20 amp) $21.00
No Hook-up (tents) $19.00
Bay Site (tents only, available 5/25 9/3 $25.00

Now, I'm not sure if we can bring our trucks back to our tents, BUT, I was thinking if we get the RV spots (they're paved) we could have our trucks there and just pitch the tent in the grass next to them. I doubt they'd have any problem with that, and it's only $30.

Now, for those are are not friends of nature, they do have cabins you can rent, but they require a two night reservation. The good news is the prices listed are for 6 people! That really brings the price down and easier to digest if you only use one of the two nights. Here's their details:

For Park Models only, a two-night minimum is required on weekends (Friday/Saturday or Saturday/Sunday). Six people are included in the quoted rate any additional people (up to eight maximum) will be charged at $10.00 per person per night. Sales and bed taxes of 11% are extra.
May 28 - June 28 $99.00/night + tax - Sunday through Saturday

I can find local hotels if needed, but that's a really good bargain, and we can all stay together. I'll have to check their camp fire policy. That can make or break a place. Need the fire at night, and morning to put the big griddle on and fry up some eggs and bacon! Man, I just had lunch, and now I'm hungry again just thinking of that.

S.

Old 04-19-2001, 02:32 PM
Brain cloud. I was looking right at the policy for fires. not only do they allow it, they have firewood on site. They also have showers, a 24hr store, a game room (pool tables etc), a swimming pool and playground if anyone has children.

S.

Old 04-19-2001, 06:37 PM
Here is what was posted in the other forum:
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Friday travel day
Sat 10:00 AM Meet and greet at ________(to be determined) possibly a park or one of the areas or whatever
11:00 AM Photo Session of all of the trucks nice and clean
11:30 AM Leave to go to trails
12:00 PM arrive at trails and have fun
till whenever lots of photos again
after dark go to (park or campground or wherever and chat about the day and so on)</font>
And Cedar point on Sunday.
Does this still look OK to everyone? I am not clear...is the off road location close to Cedar Point? Are the campgrounds close to both? I would like to camp Friday night. Also if someone gives names of campgrounds ect., try to give zip codes for use in driving direction programs (Yahoo ect.)Thanks, Jim

Old 04-19-2001, 07:52 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Here's a link to a listing for them... has the address...

http://www.travelingusa.com/rvcamp/b/bayshoreest/

Bayshore Estates Campground
Street Address
2311 Cleveland Road
Sandusky, OH 44870

Local Phone: (419) 625-7906
Toll Free: (800) 962-3786
Fax: (419) 625-6974
Email: MHDCORP@AMNORTH.COM

Largest and highest rated campground in area. Located only three quarters of a mile from Cedar Point’s entrance. Shuttle service available.

Here's their web site...

http://www.mhdcorp.com/Campgrounds/Bayshore/default.htm

a vague map...

Bayshore Estates Campground is located just three quarters of a mile east of the Cedar Point Causeway on U.S. Route 6.

It's real close to the park... you can probably see/hear it from the campground.

Sounds like a decent place...

-Joe-

Old 04-19-2001, 10:40 PM
The place for off-roading is located approximately a half hour to 45 mins south east of Cedar Point. I have the name of the owner and should have enough information to be able to post a map and detailed directions by Tuesday. Right now it seems that the Nickle Plate Diagonal Road one is it. Sorry for the delay I've just been trying to make sure that we weren't going to be overcrowded. As far as a schedule and so on.. MrScot and I have been working on some things that should make the final stages of planning pretty easy but shhh for now it's a secret. (can anyone say ohio chapter?) Starting next week keep an eye on www.geocities.com/ohio_f150

I'll be out of commision for the weekend(family stuff) but I'll be back with a vengence and more info next week

Old 04-20-2001, 12:23 AM
JMC

MrScot,

I'll be there tonight for supper.

Regards

JMC

Old 04-20-2001, 12:39 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

This is especially directed to MrScot. I just saw that the offroading spot it 45 minutes Southeast of Sandusky. I didnt know if you were still planning on running a convoy up to Sandusky, but 45 minutes is a long enough drive that I'm thinking of just hanging around Cbus until Saturday because if I remember correctly, Cedar Point is what a 21/2 drive from here (even closer to where you live in Sunbury) so minus 45 minutes that would make it under a 2 hour drive to the offroading site. If you guys are really planning on drinking lots of beer and raising a lot of hell at that campground on Friday night then I will do the extra 1 1/2 hours of driving, if not, Ill just stay at home until Saturday. Sorry for rambling, now your thoughts....lol

Old 04-20-2001, 01:54 PM
whats the dates again?

------------------
NEW TRUCK!
00 f150 ext. cab 4x4 ORP w/5.4/auto, black! Tan buckets, expy center console, tinted windows, westin nerf bars, flowmaster 40 series, remote start/alarm/keyless entry, headlight/taillight covers, Lund wiper cowl, vent visors, tono cover
5" RCD lift, 3" body lift, 35" pro comp ats on eagle 589s

old truck
99 black f150 4x2 ext. cab sport w/4.6 V8. external mods. include:
3" body lift, 3.5" fabtech lift, airaid FIPK, JBA headers, Superchip headlight/taillight covers, wiper schroud, shadeblade, ventshade, bug deflector, bed liner, tonno cover, and custom duel exhaust out the sides with 3.5" chrome tips and NO muffler. Tires: Mickey Thompson Baja HP 35 12.50 17 internal mods. include:
Pioneer indash cdplayer, 2 12" subs, 400 watt amp, remote start, and aftermarket alarm
http://www.4tssinc.com/truck

Old 04-20-2001, 02:08 PM
Thumbs up

Sdiesel, I plan on going up friday myself. If I didn't that would involve leaving here around 6-6:30am sat morning, and there should be laws in place to keep me from driving at that hour. I'm sure the handfull of us going up early can find a little trouble to get into, err I mean stay out of before everyone comes up in the morning. Sdiesel, I'll probably be leaving CMH by 6:00. I'll leave work early, that way it'll be daylight out still by the time we arrive.

S.

Quick Reply: Sandusky, Ohio Offroading and Cedar Point