Harley-Davidson

Odb2 keeps giving me p301

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011 | 03:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'll be damned it was the last freaking thing I expected to be out again already... I went ahead and replaced all the plugs but cylinders 1 and 2 were not firing after all due to failed Coil Packs. I had gotten a whole set off UneekSupply's Ebay store and they had a 1 year warranty on them but it was exactly 2 years ago this month that I got them, which is still kind of BS that they went out in like 1 year and 6-8 months. Coils should last longer than that, th other 6 seem to be doing fine so far though. Hell I haven't even put but like 50k miles, if that, on the truck since I replaced those and I replaced the injectors and plugs with them as well... the motorcraft ones still in there when I did that job had made it to 150,000 miles, or at least most of them, maybe all. Oh well, they were considerably cheaper than Ford too though. I just broke down and bought Motorcraft this time though, can usually get away with them for about 60 bucks a pop or less... Runs so smooth now that I can barely tell she is on again! Except get this ****, the SAME DAY I got it running good this week my AC Compressor hub assembly comes apart in 100+ TX heat... which actually, amazingly is the first time that thing has given me any trouble at all in the 200,000 miles the car has gone, of course my best friend had it a while before I bought it form him so he might have had to do some minor repairs on it I am not aware of... who knows... well, I'm off to get a $50 hub assembly instead of buying a new compressor like I almost did, thank god I decided to take the pulley apart while it was still on the truck before making a decision!!

Quick Reply: Odb2 keeps giving me p301