Harley-Davidson

2002 Echelon Mall Auto Show - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2002, 08:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face 2002 Echelon Mall Auto Show - Pics

Well after 3 days of cleaning the truck, and constant rain, the show turned out to be a great day. A little drizzle in the morning and on the way over there, but it turned out to be a pretty good day. I spent about 20 hours cleaning the truck, (underbody too....and the judges even looked under there. LoL) and i was still working on it when i got there. Here's some pics from the show.

Read the license plate --> suckin gas and haulin ***

Here's my custom tonneau cover inserts that i spent most of the boring winter months working on. They turned out good, got alot of compliments on em.

Here's a pic of the display i had set up on my tgate, with my 00 and 01 HD model. Hopefully for the next show i'll have a 02 model too. Had all my brochures and crap that had a HD in them displayed.

Old 06-15-2002, 08:20 PM
Here's a pic of the reflection in my door of the Z3 that was parked next to me. That car looked REALLY small parked next to the HD.

Interior all cleaned

Finally got a half a$$ decent shot of the exhaust, for some reason i don't have much luck takin pics of it.

Last edited by Harley#356; 06-16-2002 at 01:07 PM.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:23 PM
Here's a pic of my tonneau. Looks pretty cool cuz there isn't really a reflection of anything on it.

Another cool angle of the rim (the top part of it looks dull and dirty in the pic, but its just the reflection of the asphalt)

Seats and trophy from swedesboro day show last year

Old 06-15-2002, 08:30 PM
Here's some pics of other entries in the show (560 total)
Weird looking beetle, notice the lower air spoiler curls up like 4 inches, looks stupid. RICE!. A bunch of PT's were there. A frontier with air bags (He was at the swedesboro day show....i placed higher than him...lol)

A caddy sitting on the frame. He was shooting sparks when he pulled in. As silverlightning said "its a white guy!" LoL. Also a 91? chevy. I think he did a little overkill on that truck but i dunno... A bunch of vettes were there, and a indy pace car vette

Top left vette had a nice display with all the mirrors and whatnot. 64.5 mustang with the 260 in it. My grandpop had the exact same one of those but in white. 56? red f100 (he was at swedesboro day show too, he placed right before me in 1st). And lastly, i like the way this guy displayed the hood.

Old 06-15-2002, 08:45 PM
72 corvette stingray. My dad had that same car except for it was blue.

23" giovanni (sp?) attack wheels (i think). But i think that's a little too big. Just a huge open space and a little brake in the middle. He also had L heads and clear corners, and clear tails, and a painted dash. And a big lead sled at the bottom right. I want one of those too. LoL

Here's the pics from the class i was in (1990-2002 stock). I could have entered in custom trucks, but i didn't cuz the HD is all stock for now, but next year i'm gonna go with the other trucks cuz by then i should have some more mods. Anyway, there was a Z3, M3, my HD, 91 capri, 2 or 3 firehawks/birds, a few camaro ss's, 95 dodge stealth, 99 escourt, 98 taurus, typhoon, and a dakota. Now figure this one out for me, 4 trophies awarded to my class, all 4 went to the only four 2002's that were there. 2 of them still had temporary tags on! (02 camaro ss, 02 camaro ss, 02 Z3, and 02 dakota!!!) the dakota really pissed me off cuz it wasn't even an R/T! It was the bottom of the line 6 banger, with cloth int, steel 15" rims, cheap soft cover, no chrome, and nothing special about it. How are the judges gonna choose that one over ANY of the other cars there. I don't get it, bottom of the line dakota over a 33K limited edition truck, super clean, all leather, and its the only one in the show rollin on stock dubs. ?!?!?!?!? That judging was a farce. But its not all that bad, i had a really good time, and made out like a bandit with freebies. (they had the free samples next to the stuff on display for sale, i must have been confused and thought EVERYTHING on the tables were free. LoL, i've got a bag load of stuff, and won a free jaguar knife and i get a free t shirt with a pic of my truck on it so it was a pretty fun day, the judging just put a little damper on it, but still fun.

Old 06-15-2002, 08:59 PM
Here's a pic of silverlightning and his truck. Really nice guy and awsome truck, glad to have met up with someone from the board. Had a fun time at the show, and its nice to put a name with a face. His was the 1st silver L that i've seen up close in person, and it was awsome looking.

Well, i finally got that rag off my hand silverlightning, it started to rain on the drive home, so after i dried it off and wiped it down again, i finally put it down. LoL Anyway, were you gonna go to pitman auto show? They have about 200 cars there, no judging, just a show to let people look, they raffle off a car though, and its in the park so you can park your truck on the grass. I can get you the phone number to call if you wanna go, its around the 6th of july or something, whatever day is saturday.

O yeah, i hung around to video tape all the cars leaving, and there was hardly anybody left when we were about to leave and a 02 HD pulled up next to me. He worked in the mall, and was gonna come to the show but didn't (i'll have to get his build number for ya jerzey) He might come to pitman show though. Be cool to have the series of HD's there. Well i'm getting tired of typing all this, got up at 6 to work on the truck, so i'll talk to you guys later - "the drought buster" as silverlightning would say ( i should put that in my sig...LoL)

Last edited by Harley#356; 06-15-2002 at 09:02 PM.
Old 06-15-2002, 09:05 PM
The awards that went to the camaros were for sympathy and the dakota was awarded for having the ***** to bring a POS to a car show.

Are these shows you go to a rolling circuit or just local yearly competitions? I would like to find some around the midwest and try my luck. Even if I didn't win I would still have fun and of course I'm also a sucker for free samples.

Old 06-15-2002, 09:39 PM
abullerm, the shows i usually go to are annual things that buisiness's or townships promote. You might wanna try www.showfinder.com I think that's the address, i'm not sure if its only for around here or all over the country. Well if you do enter, good luck, i'm sure you'll get a ton of compliments, i did today.

and yeah, the shows are fun in themselves, get to show off your truck, see other cool vehicles, FREEBIES, LoL, and if you win a trophy its just like a bonus, the shows are fun in themselves. Heck, some of them don't even do awards (pitman show doesn't)

The awards that went to the camaros were for sympathy and the dakota was awarded for having the ***** to bring a POS to a car show
rotflmao! i guess you must be right on that one. LoL,

Old 06-15-2002, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Harley#356

O yeah, i hung around to video tape all the cars leaving, and there was hardly anybody left when we were about to leave and a 02 HD pulled up next to me. He worked in the mall, and was gonna come to the show but didn't (i'll have to get his build number for ya jerzey) He might come to pitman show though. Be cool to have the series of HD's there. Well i'm getting tired of typing all this, got up at 6 to work on the truck, so i'll talk to you guys later - "the drought buster" as silverlightning would say ( i should put that in my sig...LoL)

Thanks Josh for recruiting, hehe!

I see you med Fred, very cool guy by the way!!! I've met him twice at a Hooters show in Paramus and the Willowbrook SVTOA event at Wayne.

--Russ

Old 06-15-2002, 10:52 PM
Thanks Josh for recruiting, hehe!
LoL, no problem man, i want the registry to expand just as much as you do probably. Anyway, you should have come to the show today. It was pretty big (560). Not many new fords, come to think about it, i only remember mine and fred's trucks being the only newer ford trucks, but it was still fun.

got another show in like 3 weeks at pitman, but i won't have to spend so much time getting the truck ready cuz its not judged, so i won't clean the underside of the truck this time. LoL. And i also won't have to glass it until i go on vacation.

Old 06-15-2002, 11:36 PM
That VW Bug won first in the modified class at the Bug-Out in Manassass Virgina a couple weeks ago. Not a bad car, but it wasn't my favorite modified. It's owned by a custom detail shop.

A friend of mine won first in the stock class. And it was his first show! We spend hours cleaning that car. Gotta love that.

Old 06-16-2002, 01:48 AM
Talking

I would have loved to come but I sold my car on Friday to an EMT dude in Southampton...

--Russ

Old 06-16-2002, 01:04 PM
So what are you planning to get next? L, HD ? LoL. Maybe ya can can come to the next show. There is one in like 3 weeks thats a pretty nice show.

Quick Reply: 2002 Echelon Mall Auto Show - Pics