Harley-Davidson

Matching Ram Air Hood Scoop Inserts

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2002 | 06:39 PM
|
here's a pic of the bracket when its off the truck. they are now painted black and installed so you can hardly even see them behind the bars now

Old 10-06-2002 | 05:30 PM
Looks sweet man.

-Mike

Old 10-07-2002 | 12:55 AM
I know what you mean about unfair judging in shows. That's why I do not enter more. Well, that and my truck is pretty much stock and crap compared to some. If I had about 10-15 grand, I'd have one bad ride. Custom paint priced at 3g, rebuild stock 4.6 2-2.5g, supercharger 3.5G, and lift, tires and gears 3.5g. Guess I better start saving or should I scrap it all and buy a new 04 when they hit. Sorry, had to dream a little. Choices.... why do they have to be so hard?
I wondered about the weather and those vents. I know water gets in there but it still scares the crap out of me. Especially with the way these trucks like to hold water in the spark plug wells.

Good luck at all your shows. I vote you #1 if I was a judge.

Old 10-07-2002 | 06:49 PM
|
LoL, thanks KY. I mainly just go to shows now for the fun of it and to meet up with other people. don't really expect to win much cuz usually the judging is unfairly done. Too many stories about that to tell

anyway, such little amount of water will get into the scoops its not much to worry about. Just gets dirtier under there faster, so i wash the engine compartment once a month. If that doesn't hurt anything, a little rain won't.

Quick Reply: Matching Ram Air Hood Scoop Inserts