Will this work

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2007 | 06:29 PM
|
Will this work

I have the single CD player in my truck and am thinking about upgrading to the 6 disk player. My truck is an 06 XLT SCREW and the part # for the 6 disk player I am thinking about upgrading to is Model # 4L3T-18C815-AL. Does any know if that will work in my truck? Thanks

Old 05-01-2007 | 01:16 AM
not sure about the part number but there are a lot of people around here that move to a 6 disk changer. If I recall correcly they were clean swaps. Check ebay and these forums classified, there are always 6 disk changers on there from the newer fords

Old 05-02-2007 | 08:44 PM
|
Yeah I'm negotiating with someone to purchase their's right now that's listed in the classifieds. I found this one online that's the same for sale in the classifieds and it says it's a 6 disk, but I thought the 6 disk CD players all had 6-Disk stamped across the front of them. This one doesn't look any different than the one I have in my truck, but I looked at mine and the model number is different than this one below and which is listed for sale in the classifieds.

http://oem-auto-accessory.com/4l3t_1..._take_out.html

Also how do these 6 disk players work? Is there a CD changer also that you mount somewhere else or do you actually load 6 CD's into the front slot?

Thanks

Old 05-03-2007 | 01:25 PM
Originally Posted by wxscpo
I have the single CD player in my truck and am thinking about upgrading to the 6 disk player. My truck is an 06 XLT SCREW and the part # for the 6 disk player I am thinking about upgrading to is Model # 4L3T-18C815-AL. Does any know if that will work in my truck? Thanks
Just be VERY careful what you buy. I just went through this. I bought a brand new 2007 audiophile cd6/mp3 which was from an explorer. It was plug-n-play and everything worked except for the illumination. After extensive research I found that their was no way to get illumination to work. I guess some fords have a computer controlled illumination system. Now I start my search all over again Here are 2 part #'s I know will work with f150:
6L3T-18C815-KE (2006 radio)
7L3T-18C815-DG (2007 radio)
I know there are probably more but those are the ones I have verified so far.

Old 05-03-2007 | 05:21 PM
What are the 07 Factory Audiophile units going for? I've got one to sell myself.

Old 05-04-2007 | 04:25 PM
Update....The part numbers I listed for the audiophile radios in the previous thread, these are for the audiophile units which will require a subwoofer to get good lows. When you hook an audiophile unit to the factory speakers, the sound quality is not as good (lows/bass). There are 6 disc units that will sound good with the factory speakers but I'm not sure what those numbers are.

Old 05-04-2007 | 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by sambandit
What are the 07 Factory Audiophile units going for? I've got one to sell myself.
I wish I knew that yesterday, I just purchsed one off ebay! Anyways I have seen them them go from $100 up to about $250. It depends if it is the unit that will power the factory sub or not. I got mine for $100, it came from an 06 F150, it is the audiophile and it will power a sub, I was the only bidder!

Old 05-04-2007 | 05:31 PM
|
Also how do these 6 disk players work? Is there a CD changer also that you mount somewhere else or do you actually load 6 CD's into the front slot?

Thanks
Can anyone provide me an answer to this question? Thanks

Old 05-04-2007 | 09:07 PM
The changer is in the head unit itself....

Old 05-13-2007 | 01:02 AM
I purchased one on ebay for my 2005 FX4 which came with single CD. It swapped with no problem. Wanted Ford dealer to do it, but they didn't do electronics so I had a car stereo place do it for an extra $20 when they put in my remote starter. I don't know about #'s or codes...either I was lucky or if the 6CD unit comes from same year 150, you're probably good to go!

Old 05-18-2007 | 03:37 AM
Can't get 6 disc open

I have 97 F150 with a factory 6 disk changer and it will not open soundslike its trying but won't. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Mike

Old 05-18-2007 | 07:03 PM
i have a '06 xlt scab that came with a single disc non mp3 player. i did alot of hard looking at the photos on ebay for the number of plug inputs, where exactly the mounting brackets were(this is critical) and as mentioned above if the player had 6 disc and mp3 actually written on the front. i do believe in buyer beware, not everyone on ebay cares who gets screwed.
anyway, i bought a 6 disc/mp3 that said it came from an '07 f150 lariat. i paid $139 and $25 shipping. (this is not the one with the sub connector)
a few minor bumps occured. first, the brackets, although they looked perfect in the pictures, they were about 1/4" too far back. meaning, the front would stick out not allowing the plastic to snap back in place. fortunately, they were screwed on unlike my oem which had riveted brackets , so i took them off the radio and drill pressed some new little screw holes. easy enough.
second, the antenae was a different socket. don't know if they all are different, but this one has a chrysler connection. easily remedied with an adapter from best buy.
the next problem(s) i had are because i was running a pioneer inno on a pie frdo4 adapter and had to get the 07 chip to eliminate the error. mine came well packaged unlike i read on another thread. now my hardwired 5.5v adapter is actually pushing 5.82v. which i'm told is not good for the inno.
i didn't experience the code thing or any problems with display. i'll see if i can get the part numbers off it this weekend and post another reply. hope any of this helps.

Old 05-18-2007 | 08:49 PM
wxscpo,
I believe the part number you posted is from an 04 model year. It will work but if you have the factory satillite radio it won't work with the 04 radios.Plus the won't play mp3's.
If you are looking for an 06MY radio with 6cd, satillite radio ready, mp3 ..... I have one, just email me.

Matt

Old 11-11-2009 | 07:05 AM
Can anyone provide me an answer to this question? Thanks
me too confused about it....

Old 11-11-2009 | 07:42 PM
Most load all 6 CD through the front, changer is inside. If you see pics on Ebay, you'll notice on the single disc units, the top slopes down toward the back where the 6 disc unit is the same height from front to back. Beware though, these units are known for have issues with the changers. You can't play an cds with labels on them and they don't play home recorded cds. The changers start to have problems loading & ejecting cds or not seeing cds that are in the unit. This is what mine started doing. I was told there are only 2 places qualified to fix them properly and it runs approx $150.00. Do a search on 6 disc changers and you'll see what the problems are.

Quick Reply: Will this work