Auxillary input install

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 01:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxillary input install

My girlfriend has a 2007 Focus and they have the same stock radios as the newer F150's. She wants a input jack installed and i'm wondering if anyone on here has installed one? And where would i find a harness kit? The radio has the "aux" button so there must be a spot in the back to install it to. Any help? Thanks!

Old 06-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally Posted by monk36c
My girlfriend has a 2007 Focus and they have the same stock radios as the newer F150's. She wants a input jack installed and i'm wondering if anyone on here has installed one? And where would i find a harness kit? The radio has the "aux" button so there must be a spot in the back to install it to. Any help? Thanks!
I have a PAC I'll sell you in about a week...

rollingrock@thedetailerscafe.com

Old 06-23-2009, 06:01 PM
Technical Article Contributor

I bought one from the ford dealership.

It didn't use the AUX port however. It wired into power / ground / antenna split.

Then it stole the signal from FM 88.3 i believe. I liked it but now have recently bought a new HU so i don't use it anymore.

Old 06-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Don't do FM, do real AUX input. PAC makes these. Goto Crutchfield.com.

Old 06-24-2009, 12:51 AM
yea she wants an actual import, like what the Fords have now. Does it install easy into the radio?

Old 06-24-2009, 01:03 AM
Originally Posted by monk36c
yea she wants an actual import, like what the Fords have now. Does it install easy into the radio?
I have the PAC, uPAC-FRD24 adapter. It takes up to 2 devices. 1 IPOD direct connection through the AUX input and 1 other device.

It works much better than using the direct FM.

Its really the only thing out there that works well.

I just pulled it out of the truck tonight. If you want it, let me know.

Old 06-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Is the PAC adapter a lot like the PIE adapter, plugs into a port on the back of the radio and add the functionality of the AUX button?

Old 06-24-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by yetti96
Is the PAC adapter a lot like the PIE adapter, plugs into a port on the back of the radio and add the functionality of the AUX button?
There is no plug in the back of the HU. The PAC and PIE's install in betwen the stock HU and the factory harness.

Once the radio is out, takes all of about 20 seconds to install. Add another 20 seconds to run your cable to the glove box.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 PM
Originally Posted by RollingRock
There is no plug in the back of the HU. The PAC and PIE's install in betwen the stock HU and the factory harness.

Once the radio is out, takes all of about 20 seconds to install. Add another 20 seconds to run your cable to the glove box.
Gotcha, my PIE adapter is sitting on my desk all packed up to be sold and I totally forgot how it plugged in.

Old 07-11-2009, 05:19 PM
ill take it if you want to sell it!

Originally Posted by RollingRock
I have the PAC, uPAC-FRD24 adapter. It takes up to 2 devices. 1 IPOD direct connection through the AUX input and 1 other device.

It works much better than using the direct FM.

Its really the only thing out there that works well.

I just pulled it out of the truck tonight. If you want it, let me know.

If you still have this connector and wish to sell it please contact me

Josh

Old 07-15-2009, 09:29 PM
Bought a Blitzsafe FORD/CAN AUX audio interface
http://blitzsafe.com/catalog/ford/fo...x/prod_59.html
+
PDM35 3.5mm Dashboard Mount Audio input Kit
http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=1324

Took me less than half an hour to install and work like a charm on my stock audiophile 6 CD/MP3 changer head unit.

Here's a pic of the AUX input jack installed:

Old 07-16-2009, 01:38 AM

My brother just got an 08 Standard Cab XL. Pretty bare bones. Came with just a stock radio, no cd, nothing else. All he wants to do is connect his ipod. I just wanted to make sure before we look to buy him a new headunit (probably a stock one from ebay with cd and aux) that there's no way for him to hook up an ipod through this headunit. Not interested in using any FM versions. Thanks for the help.

Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 PM
Originally Posted by russ10screw
My brother just got an 08 Standard Cab XL. Pretty bare bones. Came with just a stock radio, no cd, nothing else. All he wants to do is connect his ipod. I just wanted to make sure before we look to buy him a new headunit (probably a stock one from ebay with cd and aux) that there's no way for him to hook up an ipod through this headunit. Not interested in using any FM versions. Thanks for the help.
Yes, he can add aftermarket items such as a PIE adaptor that will allow an iPod. A PIE adaptor will allow the iPod to play through the radio, but will not charge the iPod. Another device will play and charge the iPod through the radio. There are other links to the PIE adaptor. Here is a ling to the iPod adaptor (several people have them here -- been well reviewed):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1202650467219

Old 07-16-2009, 02:07 PM
I actually have a PIE adapter that will charge an ipod. It all depends on what cords you get with it when you order it on ebay.

Old 07-16-2009, 02:54 PM

Wow, thanks for the response. So even though he doesn't have an auxiliary option anywhere on his radio, he can still add one of these PIE adaptors? Will the radio control the ipod or will he have to use the ipod to control since there is no auxiliary switch on the radio? Thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: Auxillary input install