Sirius/MP3/Ipod Aux in line

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2009, 08:03 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sirius/MP3/Ipod Aux in line

Hi all,

I've done a lot of research, and I don't think I've seen an answer to all of my questions, so here goes...

I have an 05 F150 FX4 w/ the OEM CD6/MP3 radio that has the AUX button, but no AUX input. I would like to be able to hook my Sirius radio or my MP3/Ipod up to it, and be able to control volume thru the OEM radio controls.

From what I have read, I would be best served by avoiding an FM modulator, and instead use an interface to plug directly into the OEM unit w/ a CAN AUX interface (I saw one from a company called BlitzSafe), and install a dash-mount Audio Input jack (like the iSimple PDM35 kit).

Would I be able to listen to both my Sirius radio and MP3 player thru this set up? Would this be my mest bet? I'm not worried about being able to charge the units while in use.

Anything else I should consider?

Thanks!

Old 10-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You could run this guy right here:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1202650467219

and have a cable that charges your ipod and allows you to control through the stock radio, and run an aux cable at the same time (either for ipod or for your sat). There is a bit of a learning curve to it, but most people seem to like it.

Quick Reply: Sirius/MP3/Ipod Aux in line