Backup camera question on avic x910bt

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2009 | 08:02 PM
|
Backup camera question on avic x910bt

Got a question maybe someone and confirm or advise on.
I installed a AVIV X910bt a few weeks back and got everything for it..sirius,Ipod bluetooth etc..I love it but still needed a backup camera.Well it took a few weeks and I got my backup camera.Now that its hooked up I really see it as a waste because you have to manually pick "rear view" from the menu for it to come on when put in reverse.It seems like there should be a way..or a setting to make it come on automaticly when put in reverse no matter what you have on the screen at the time.
Am I missing something?

Old 10-29-2009 | 12:02 AM
yeah you are. I havent actually had my hands on the new X series yet, so I cant tell you exactly the steps to turn it on. First thing you need to check though is make sure your video feed is plugged into the reverse cam input, and not just a normal video input. There should also be a place in the settings to change the rear view camera from manual to automatic.

Old 10-29-2009 | 03:25 AM
|
I'm plugged into the rear camera feed and my camera setting on the set up menu just says on or off.I have it on "ON".And to get it to turn on you have to actually select "Rear View" from the nain menu as seen in the pic below.The picture below is just a generic pic off the web but it shows what I'm talking about.Once rear camera is selected it goes to a blank screen that says objects seen may be reversed..and when you go into reverse the camera turns on automaticly..BUT first you have to select camera from the menu..seems pretty stupid to me.If I have the presence of mine to go thru the menu to do all that I would have the presence of mine to just look in the mirror.

Old 10-29-2009 | 01:29 PM
Two of my crummies have AVIC's (Z series) in their trucks and both of them automatically turn on the rear-view camera when they put it in reverse. It's almost instantaneous.

If you're not aware of it, try AVIC411.com. It's a forum dedicated to the Pioneer AVIC line. I'd bet my next paycheck that a search on that site would return the answer, probably a few times.

Old 10-29-2009 | 04:10 PM
|
Opps My Bad...I re-read the installation manual after hearing you guys say it should come on automaticly.Seems theres a purple and yellow wire that also has to be hooked up.I had the camera hooked up so IT got power in reverse..and I had the AV cable hooked up.But the purple/yellow wire needs to tell the head unit I'm in reverse.I thought it did it thru the AV cable.Seems the guy I bought it from didn't have a rear camera and cut the wire about 3 inches out of the radio and taped it in the harness.I never even saw it.So I found it..lengthened it and ran it to my P.A.M module next to the E brake pedal and now its good to go. Of course I kinda freaked for a sec when I put it in reverse and the P.A.M. started beeping along with the screen coming on..a solid beep like I was backed into something,shorted something...or in this case..forgot I put my tailgate down for the dog to jump in ...DUH

Oh and I checked the avic 411 site..nothing.Of course I just looked for a thread on it unlike here were I asked a specific question.
Anyway its fixed and now i even like my Pioneer more.
Thanks

Quick Reply: Backup camera question on avic x910bt