Keeping Backup Sensors With New Head Unit

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009 | 08:58 AM
|
Keeping Backup Sensors With New Head Unit

I am looking at the Sony MEXBT3700U but am wondering how do I keep my backup sensor functionality after changing out the factory head unit?

(And yes I did search and it returned nothing in 6 different searches.)

Thanks in advance for any information.

Last edited by Circuit; 12-06-2009 at 09:02 AM.
Old 12-06-2009 | 11:26 AM
I have a Pioneer AVH-P4100 in my 2004. The only difference is that the reduced radio volume function does no longer work when the sensors sense an object to the rear. They still work just fine but the volume does not get quieter, which I like better because the noise is still so loud it is not necessary to draw any more attention to them. I see no reason why not to do it. I might choose a different unit unless you are set on it. What features do you want and what kind of money do you want to spend? Never heard great things about mobile sony stuff.

Old 12-06-2009 | 11:34 AM
the backup sensors play through a small speaker sam as the door chime and not through the radio, no head unit would cause it to not work

Old 12-06-2009 | 12:59 PM
|
Thanks for the replies. I assumed that since the volume went down that the sound was comming from the stereo speakers. That is good news.

As far as the head unit, it is on sale in my area right now for $170 and has bluetooth built in to sync with my palm pre for calling and music. I do not need or want video so a single din unit will do fine. Almost every other unit I have seen requires you to buy a $200 add-on to have bluetooth.

I am looking for a decent head unit that does mp3's, has bluetooth A2DP, can read USB flash drives, and doesn't cost $600. For this unit the price is right and has the features I am looking for. I don't like the controls on the JVC and the Pioneer one is $400.

My stock head unit is the 6 disc changer that does not read mp3s, has no aux input and the fm modulator I added to the antenna input is crap. The unit by itself sounds good under 50% volume but above that it distorts.

Quick Reply: Keeping Backup Sensors With New Head Unit