seat covers

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
seat covers

I spent this past weekend scrubing my truck inside and out. Now it looks like a real truck again. I have searched the forums for good seat covers because the factory cloth will stain with clean water ( go figure). so far the best I have found come from a company called katskins and another I can't recall right now.
The katskins are pretty expensive along with the other brand I can't remember.
Does anyone know of some not so expensive seat covers that will do a descent job of protecting my seats and look ok in the process. I don't want to spend almost 500.00 for seat covers if I don't have to. I am driving an 06 XLT scab with the tan interior.

thanks
Ron

Old 04-16-2007, 12:57 PM
I was checking some out at JCWhitney.com the other day. They had a few different makes to choose from. I was particularly looking at the "custom fit" seat covers (look like they will match my interior) . The prices I believe were all under $200.00. Haven't plunked down the money yet though so I don't know first hand how good they are.

Good luck

Old 04-16-2007, 06:50 PM
nice covers

I recently bought covers from The Seat Cover Factory ,on line, I have a 97 F-150. with a grey interior. the covers I ordered were even closer in color than I imagined they woud be. The total cost was$60.00 [front and rear], but they had more expensive ones, mine have been on now about a month and so far so good.

Old 04-16-2007, 08:09 PM
What kind of seats do you have? I have the seats with the built in seatbelt in the seat, so its harder for me to find them.
~Phil

Old 04-16-2007, 09:24 PM
Originally Posted by rdsii64
I spent this past weekend scrubing my truck inside and out. Now it looks like a real truck again. I have searched the forums for good seat covers because the factory cloth will stain with clean water ( go figure). so far the best I have found come from a company called katskins and another I can't recall right now.
The katskins are pretty expensive along with the other brand I can't remember.
Does anyone know of some not so expensive seat covers that will do a descent job of protecting my seats and look ok in the process. I don't want to spend almost 500.00 for seat covers if I don't have to. I am driving an 06 XLT scab with the tan interior.

thanks
Ron
try leatherseats.com. check out the group purchases thread. the prices are pretty good.

Old 04-16-2007, 11:32 PM
I bought a set of "CoverAlls" for my 2006 F150 Scab. They have a split down the side for the seatbelt which is velcro. I'm happy with them and they were pretty easy to install. They are a canvas type material which seem to be durable. They can be taken off and washed. They cost $99.00 for the set which was for 40/20/40 seats and included a cover for the armrest fold down console and slip on headrest covers. It's not a tight form fitting type of cover but they don't slide around. To make the install easier I just pulled the bottom of the middle seat out first, that gives you a lot of room to work.

Dave

Old 04-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Seatcovers

Northwest Seatcovers out of Vancouver,British Columbia,Canada - turn out good products. I put a set on the Wife's 05 Honda and when I get back home from work here in Tofino I am going to cover the 06 Captain Seats for about $140 for both. Ordering from Canada will result in at least 15% off the above price.

KEN

Old 04-19-2007, 07:12 PM
I bought a set of seat covers about a year ago on ebay from Exact Seat Covers and they have been great. The seat covers are velour and are scotch guarded to prevent staining. The covers are an exact fit cover and match all the contours of the seats. Also the backs of the seats covers have map pockets. They have a store on ebay and they do have the ones for your truck in tan for $49.00 plus shipping at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-...2250QQtcZphoto

Take a look

Old 04-23-2007, 08:12 AM
I recently purchased a set of Covercraft Seat Savers they are canvass and washable. My problem is I can't get the head rest off to install. Its 2005 Super Crew with bucket seats. Any help would be GREATLT appreciated.

Thanks,
Joe

Old 04-23-2007, 10:19 AM
Try raising the headrest up and look for a button on the side of the plastic hole in the top of the seat that the bars on the headrest slide into. It should come off if you hold that button in while pulling up.

Old 04-23-2007, 10:42 AM
seat covers

Thanks for the response. I tried that and no luck. Tried on both seats so I assumed I was missing something. I see another thread after I posted "remove headrest" and it was suggested there is another button so I will give it a look tonight.

Thanks,
Joe

Last edited by joebooa; 04-23-2007 at 10:43 AM. Reason: correction
Old 04-24-2007, 03:42 PM
There are 2 buttons the first is obvious on the second is on the other post on the plastic ring cover and very well hidden. Push both in and pull up.

Old 04-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Wet okoles are my favorite. They will run somewhere around $300 for the front seats, but they are worth the money. I have a set that I am selling, but they are black and gray.

Old 05-10-2007, 08:59 PM
Wet Okole

Just installed my front seat covers from wet Okole. They look better than the factory cloth covers ever did. the neoprene cleans up with ease, and they even make the seats a little more comfortable. They are a little expensive but well worth the money.

Old 05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
97 seats

I understand your problem, the last truck I had, had the seat belts in built in the seat. Those covers I got from Autozone for about $120.00.
The seats I have now are a Captians type with the inside armrest. I talked with the company I got them from via-Email and they were really helpful. Maybe e-mail them and they can help

Quick Reply: seat covers