Lightning

? for those who have been in accidents

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2002 | 06:28 PM
|
? for those who have been in accidents

Have you been able to convince you insurace company that the Lightning is a limited production truck, and the fact that it has been damaged is going to hurt its value? Do i have a chane here or am I just dreaming?

Old 12-18-2002 | 07:29 PM
No wrecks personally, but I believe the term they understand is "deminished value".

Old 12-18-2002 | 08:02 PM
I had a 94 L and a T-bird pull out in front of me in it. I think any car getting in a wreck hurts its value not just a limited production cars/trucks. Did you get in an accident with your truck and they do not want to fix it something? My truck
Being new I’m not too worried, but once it gets a little age on it I will get it appraised. I have a 69 Mustang Mach 1 with a 428 and I made sure I had an appraisal for it, the insurance company has a copy of it also so they know the true value of it. That car for example they would have no way of knowing what kind of condition it was in if it was in a fire for anything. Hope this helps

Old 12-18-2002 | 08:13 PM
you might want to get some pics of your car for referance also.
i know i have stated value insurace on my 67 gto and i took 3 rools of pics on the car. if somthing happens i have documentation
(sp?).

Old 12-18-2002 | 08:14 PM
Not so much a limted edition reason as just a deminished value. I have been hit in my 96' Mustang and my 84' SVO. I argued with the other persons insurance until I was blue. I finally got the deminished value check from both. I got $1000 for my 96 mustang(smashed rear quarter and the drivers door) and $250 for my 84' SVO(Smashed rear Quarter). They will haggle with you about it, eventually you will have to settle for less than you think it is worth to you, but they will give you something.

There has been many recent law suits about this towards insurance companies because they are not giving these out to everyone unless it is asked about and then argues over.

It is deserved to you, FIGHT for it! It is your right!

Old 12-18-2002 | 08:22 PM
They took pictures of my car when they appraised it. Hey gtoguy1967, looks like were pretty close.....

Old 12-18-2002 | 08:44 PM
wow guess we are. i live north of englwood and go to kil-kare on thursdays ever go?
Don

Old 12-18-2002 | 09:24 PM
I didn’t get to go to kil-kare last season. I wanted to take my truck out and see what it would run but I waited to late. I’ll be there this spring though. I’m in the south/east part of Huber Heights. Looks like you have a pretty nice GTO.

Greg

Old 12-18-2002 | 09:31 PM
gtoguy, beautiful car!

Old 12-18-2002 | 10:26 PM
I was recently rear-ended and will pursue a claim for "inherit diminished value" as soon as my Lightning is fixed.

If you are attempting to collect diminished value under your own insurance policy (i.e., a first party claim) good luck. You will have to determine if you can argue diminished value under your insurance policy and secondly if your state has ruled if diminished value is available. In Texas, the various courts are split as to whether or not diminished value may be recovered in a first party claim.

If you are attempting to collect diminished value under another person's insurance policy (i.e., the damage to your vehicle was caused by the other party), the argument is usually easier to make.

Greg

Old 12-19-2002 | 12:28 AM
|
Greg thanks i'll look into the law here in California. It would be under another persons policy, she crashed her porshe into my parked lightning.

Old 12-19-2002 | 03:07 AM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
In Canada Lightnings have there own class on a policy (expensive) and when mine was wrecked everything was fine from my part. SVT_RobG just had a wreck talk to him as well.

Quick Reply: ? for those who have been in accidents