Lightning

WTF? my truck turned purple overnight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2002 | 09:54 AM
|
WTF? my truck turned purple overnight?

Ok, guys, it's my second morning with sonic blue and I have some thoughts to share. First of all, I love the color, but...

this morning I woke up and looked out my kitchen window and my truck looks as purple as purple can be not just a little purple, but PURPLE? I know it's just the shadows being as it's between the garage and that fence/hedgerow, but still, it's purple. I took some more pictures to try to show you, but the camera just doesn't pick up the purple hues in the paint very well at all. I can look through the viewfinder of the camera and then move the camera aside and look at the truck with my naked eye and see two distinctly different colors.

also I had some old buddies come in from out of town last night and we went out to a bar and of course they wanted to ride in the new L. well when we were leaving the bar (dark outside, only streetlamps illuminating the truck) they both shout "Hey, look at that purple truck!". Now they did this for two reasons, one was because they thought it would be funny to annoy me, but also because they were right, the truck was purple under those lighting conditions

anyway, I just wanted to share that. I know alot of people really liked the color in the pictures I posted yesterday, and so do I, but be aware, the color REALLY CHANGES depending on the lighting conditions.

It can go from VERY BLUE to VERY PURPLE depending on the amount of light available.

Also depends on the TYPE of light available, I stopped by another dealership in town that I used to work at to show some old friends my new L, and when I pulled it into the shop, under their flourescent lighting, the truck was 100% BLUE!?

So I guess you'll have to see the color in person to make your own decisions, because it really does change dramatically with the absence of light. some people will not like the amount of purple that shows up under many conditions. I personally don't like the purple side of it, but on sunny days when the blue is out, it's worth it.

just my .02

later,
chris

Old 12-29-2002 | 09:58 AM
|
here are this mornings pictures. again, the camera does NOT accurately capture the amount of purple visible this morning.

BTW, this is a Sony DSCF707, not a cheapie. It could just be the camera, but I think maybe it's just a hard to photograph color?

later,
chris

Old 12-29-2002 | 10:09 AM
Old 12-29-2002 | 10:13 AM
The first 03 cobra that I saw pull into the staging lanes at one of the local strips was sonic blue,but it definitly looked purple at times.
It looked as if it was painted with that cameleon paint.

Old 12-29-2002 | 11:04 AM
superfords,

Wow!!!! Nice color. I love that sonic blue!!! I looks good

Old 12-29-2002 | 12:43 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Think about it this way - it's the reaction I had, the first time I saw a pink and a baby blue Lamborghini Diablo - I had the 'Ugh, that's hideous, who would DRIVE that???' reaction. My friend turns to me, and says, 'Yeah - But I'd drive it. You're STILL driving a Lamborghini Diablo.'

So, next time someone makes fun of the purple color, just remind them of how much cooler your Lightning is, vs what they drive... You could paint the Lightning the most hideous color OUT there, and it would still be the coolest truck on the road.

Old 12-29-2002 | 01:21 PM
Look at it this way, you got TWO trucks for the price of one

Old 12-29-2002 | 01:53 PM
Maybe they should have called it SONIC BLURPLE
....I still think it's a sharp lookin truck and am definately gonna have to see it in person.

Old 12-29-2002 | 02:16 PM
I can see it too...

Sorry man, I couldnt resist..

Old 12-29-2002 | 03:22 PM
Suspended Pending Email Reply
Re: I can see it too...

Originally posted by GreySVT03

Hey... That actually doesn't look bad. I'm not saying they should PRODUCE it in that color or anything, but a custom truck that color would be sweet.

Old 12-30-2002 | 01:14 AM

Pluck, my side hurts....that's some funny *****! I can dig it Bro!
The sonic blue is on point! I Can see the purple! LOL.

Black 02L

Old 12-30-2002 | 09:36 AM

I want one in purple!! and those lime green turn signals too...

give me the Ford color code for that... lol

Dana

Old 12-30-2002 | 09:54 AM
you punks got a problem with purple and lime green

Old 12-30-2002 | 09:58 AM
KGM
That sure looks like the color I had on a '70 Mach 1, anybody know?

Old 12-30-2002 | 10:16 AM
Even though every truck I have owned has been black, I really like the Sonic Blue. I have seen the type of blue’s that can look very violet under the right light, and I still think they would look good on a truck. I think purple is sort of “old school” hot rod.

Just don’t let anyone call it the “Barney” truck.

Quick Reply: WTF? my truck turned purple overnight?