Lightning

any reason i havent recieved my exhaust from jdm?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002 | 02:06 PM
|
i dont mind waiting 5 weeks, my truck is stored untill March or April, my point from day one was i was TOLD there was one in stock and to "order now" and i'll get that one. And i didnt. That was my concern. I'm not trying to jump in front of anyone else in line waiting for the exhaust, i'd just like what im promised.

Old 12-31-2002 | 02:09 PM
Banned
Well lets see...

Magaflow supplies them the mufflers and tail pipes. The X MIGHT be custom made or it might be a bassani piece. So, 28 or so inches of pipe to weld some tips to and your telling me it takes 1 dude 5 weeks to make one? Time to get more people or send it off to be mass produced. Theres always room for improvements anyhow.

Old 12-31-2002 | 02:10 PM
Re: Re: any reason i havent recieved my exhaust from jdm?

Originally posted by jeffsavage
JDM Silver Bullet's are all handmade, by one guy there. Alot of people here have waited up to 2 months to get theirs. Mine took about 5 weeks to get to my door.
TRZ racing has this guy making upper and lower control arms for them all day and thats all he does. From chromoly tubing to finished product which is all machined in house, this guy makes about 20 of these upper and lower control arm combo's a day start to finish. Once you have a jig setup for the process you can fly threw the making of the product and whip out a ton of those.

Its not like this guy at JDM is melting metal in the shop and forming his own tubes like a factory. He's bending pipes and doing some tig welding, big whoopie!!!!!!!! no excuss for there delays.

Old 12-31-2002 | 02:12 PM
Shane, what I meant was, just don't expect what they tell you will happen to happen. This does not mean that their products are not top-notch! This is just a pattern that I have seen for three years now, and in the case of the pulley's I was in the middle of. It looks to me as though they never want to have to telll anyone no. Because of this kind of crap I made a decision to NEVER purchase anything from them. I have a 03 on order, I like the JDM exhaust system, but I will go another route because of the lies told to me when I first got my 99. Some people have been treated great and those same people tell me to let it go....but I can't. When an owner of a business tells me on the phone that my part will ship in a week, then months go by and still no parts (with him holding my money the whole time) that is enough for me. This is not JDM bashing....just the truth about what happened to me. I don't wish them any harm I just think when you buy from them you should go in knowing what to expect.

Jerry

Old 12-31-2002 | 03:08 PM
Oh boy I feel like I'm at the edge of the pool...Should I dive in?

Old 12-31-2002 | 03:17 PM
Originally posted by JeffsLightning
Oh boy I feel like I'm at the edge of the pool...Should I dive in?
You dont have to jump, I'll push you!

So Jeff, how long did JDM tell you it would take to get your Silver Bullet? And how long did it actually take??

Old 12-31-2002 | 03:58 PM
Originally posted by DEIMATT

Anyone remember the movie THE LAWNMOWER MAN?? I cant stop watching it..
hehe i watched that movie last night on sateillite

Old 12-31-2002 | 04:13 PM

Old 12-31-2002 | 04:24 PM
Here are the facts on my Silver Bullet order. Ordered 12/13/02, and I received it on 12/22/02. I was very pleased with the speed of my order, considering I live in Southern California. Good Luck. Todd

Old 12-31-2002 | 04:31 PM
Re: I would say something but.............

Originally posted by litnfast
I'm from FLORIDA....so I better not
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUDE.............you forgot to add that we are mindless soldiers from Florida...........

JC

Old 12-31-2002 | 04:33 PM
Originally posted by cpeapea
hehe i watched that movie last night on sateillite
I watched it also!!!!!!!

Old 12-31-2002 | 04:53 PM
Click the pic.

Last edited by Odin's Wrath; 12-31-2002 at 05:10 PM.
Old 12-31-2002 | 04:55 PM
oh man

you know, the same guys that complain about the JDM ****'s and JDM KKK, are the usual suspects who seem to have made their way in here to open their mouths to get this thread closed, like all threads that even breath a sigh of JDM. Word to the wise bud, if you are new to JDM, you will get a feel for the same guys that will consistantly bring up **** from the past to continuously try keep proving some non essential point.

Here's my experience, I just ordered my exhaust from JDM and had it in 3 days. No problems. Just like the 4 grand worth of stuff i've ordered in the past year or so, all at different times, it was here in the matter of days. Even when I was told my pulley was gonna be 3 weeks because the bearing were on backorder, three days later i have a box at my door with my pulley. Overnighted chips to them for reburns, had them back in a day or two. Listen to the complements as well as the boo birds. I've never been to JDM's facility. I met the JDM crew this summer at Epping. Don't have any kind of personal bond with Jim, Shawn, Julie, Justin, Kyle, Jeremy or anyone else there, aside from a buisness standpoint, I never once have I had to make a second phone call. Some people are destined to have trouble with whoever they deal with, it's in their nature. Good luck with the exhuast, you will love it.

Old 12-31-2002 | 05:05 PM
|
thanks man i cant wait to get it.

Old 12-31-2002 | 05:10 PM

Quick Reply: any reason i havent recieved my exhaust from jdm?