Lightning

Diablo Predator

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2003 | 06:09 PM
|
Question Diable Predator

Does anyone here have information on the Diable Predator?? I am curious if it's similar to the Hypertech Block Ventilator?? Will this thing be able to read AF ratios?? I'm guessing it won't. Any answers I can get are appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Old 01-01-2003 | 06:30 PM
Talk to these people
http://runninwiththedevil.com/
Here's what they say about WHEN IT'S COMING
Hopefully we'll be seeing the Predator for the Lightnings no later than the end of March. I can't promise anything at this point until more information is released directly to me.

Last edited by Rob_02Lightning; 01-01-2003 at 06:37 PM.
Old 01-01-2003 | 07:33 PM
|
Thanks for the reply Rob. I am gonna call these people and see if I can get a little more information about it. I am very interested in it's capabilities.

Old 01-02-2003 | 03:17 PM
my friend josh got one of the first predators for his 01 firebird formula.. he loves it..

it's a programmer & code reader all in one.. plus it's upgradable!!!

Old 01-02-2003 | 04:33 PM
Am I dumb for asking this but will this give us the ability to program our stock computers to do what a chip will do for us. In other words can we get the benefit of a chip without one.
Chris

Old 01-02-2003 | 05:08 PM
I can't say much yet because it has not be released yet but they will be here in the near future and it will be nice.
Dirtchicken, to answer your ? on A/F no it can't tell you what it is, its not an FJO but then again it's not going to cost 1500 dollars either. You will be able to use it to tune your own truck the way you want it and when it gets really cold out you can go in a richin it up or pull some timing when you want. It will also double as a scan tool and let you see everything the Hellion can now, and look up check engine codes and clear them yourself. This is all coming about because we think Ford is getting ready to do away with the J port on there computers so Diablo is already looking for new ways to tune. The Predator simply plugs into the Diag. port and there you go.
You will be seeing the Predator for the new Diesels Ford and GM real soon. Keep in touch with us like Rob said. Nice pic Rob!

Last edited by usahooters; 01-04-2003 at 01:53 AM.
Old 01-02-2003 | 09:25 PM
Originally posted by usahooters
I can't say much yet because it has not be released yet but they will be here in the near future and it will be nice.
Dirtchicken, to answer your ? on A/F no it can't tell you what it is, its not an FJO but then again it's not going to cost 1500 dollars either. You will be able to use it to tune your own truck the way you want it and when it gets really cold out you can go in a richin it up or pull some timing when you want. It will also double as a scan tool and let you see everything the Hellion can now, and look up check engine codes and clear them yourself. This is all coming about because we think Ford is getting ready to do away with the J port on there computers so Diablo is already looking for new ways to tune. The Predator simply plugs into the Diag. port and there you go.
You will be seeing the Predator for the new Diesels Ford and GM real soon. Keep in touch with us like Rob said. Nice pic Rob!
I think this is an awesome idea. You can know exactly what you changed and why you changed it. For instance, I want to add a pulley, pull out some timing and lower the shift points for an area-under-the curve approach to reliable power.

Get some pinging? Pull some timing or change the A/F settings.

Old 01-02-2003 | 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Tim Skelton
I think this is an awesome idea. You can know exactly what you changed and why you changed it. For instance, I want to add a pulley, pull out some timing and lower the shift points for an area-under-the curve approach to reliable power.

Get some pinging? Pull some timing or change the A/F settings.

True,,, but I sure hope it doesn't lead to uneducated L owners blowing their own engines due to improper training. Perhaps the tuners could get rich teaching us the ways,, hell if I had one of those I'd pay good money to know everything the tuners knows when it comes to programming the computer. I'd buy a book, Like Sal's toasted tuning, or JDM Tuned Bolts, or Go Johnny Go Tuning, or Chickenears Egghead Tuning, or Tuning With the Devil, or REM Lightning Flashes. Then if we have the book we could even be better prepared to ask good questions with a knowledgable base.

Or the best part yet,,,"Attack of the Tuner Book Wars"
and, "Tuner "Book Melted My Engine Threads"

~Toast

Old 01-02-2003 | 10:09 PM
You know I already Run with the Devil, and I've been extremely satisfied with the 2 Diablo Chips and multi custom programs I currently have. As for my Pal Hooters, I already trust him with my most prize possession so I'm sold.
I expect one of the first Predators when they're out.
"RIGHT USA"
Schitt, this is gonna do wonders for my Sig, I love my whole Runnin' with the Devil Diablo thing, but just imagine what Predator will open the door for me to create with.
YA BABY this is like the 60's and 70's all over without the 4way sunshine. I better get started on my new sig.

Old 01-03-2003 | 09:25 PM
OK Im going to try and give you just a little more info,
This is the way it is suppose to go. When you buy a new Pred you will still have to get it from a tuner and you will still have to tell them all your mods and he will set your Pred up for you with a program that should match your needs. Got it.
Now when you get it you will be able to go into the parameters and make some changes to them but it will not let you just go crazy and do things that would be very unsafe.
Once the Pred has been installed on you L it is married to it and can only be used for tuning on that L, it can be used as a scan tool on any other Ford however so that is pretty cool if you own another Ford or have friends that do.
This will be very nice so in the summer hot days you can put some timing in and lean it out a touch and get on it. Then in the cold winter more 02 dense days you can pull some back out and richin it up if it needs to be.
You will also be able to adjust your shift duration as you want it and have full control over line pressure at normal driving and in performance driving in all gears. Rev limiters shift points and lots more. Its going to real nice, ask the GM boys they already have theres. I have put them on many GM trucks and cars.
Like I said tho your still going to need a tuner to get you started with a good program and if you make changes with new mods you can get updates on the Pred to take care of your changes and reset your parameters to a safe level for you. This is why you should only buy one of these from a tuner that knows the L very well not some warehouse that has a good price on them with no support.

Rob I will put your name on one as soon as we can get em. Your gonna love it.

Last edited by usahooters; 01-03-2003 at 09:30 PM.
Old 01-03-2003 | 09:31 PM
Sorry if I'm WAY Behind here, but what does the (new) Superchips tuner/diag. reader do--or let you do???

Old 01-03-2003 | 09:36 PM
Superchips, whats up with that dude? This post is all about the Diablo chips and programs the are engineered to raise HELLO!
Just kidding buddy, but really I have no idea. Never heard of it.

Old 01-03-2003 | 09:39 PM
Sounds like a great tool..

PEaCE................

Old 01-03-2003 | 09:44 PM
OK, again, I'm not meaning to step on any toes--just trying to learn/compare:

superchips1715
Superchips MicroTuner for 1996 - 2003 Ford Trucks and SUVs with 4.6L, 5.0L, and 5.4L (including Lightning/HD-F150), 460 and V10, plus it adds an OBD II diagnostic code reader!

Includes user adjustable for gear ratios, tires, tranny shift points and shift firmness!

Old 01-03-2003 | 09:45 PM

Last edited by usahooters; 01-03-2003 at 09:49 PM.

Quick Reply: Diablo Predator