Lightning

Questions on vendor bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by RTKILLA
Ok good I didn't do anything wrong then. He asked me about it so I told him.
I know the feeling Joe..... Sucks dont it.....

Old 01-02-2003, 06:22 PM
Unclemole, I agree with you completely! I left SVTPerformance because of the same thing. I have NEVER been back to that site.

I really love this site and I have re-read my post in the locked thread and I don't see how I broke any rules. Yes the problem I had was two years ago...does that make it less valid? Especially to a newbe? If you went to a store or a restaurant and got poor service would you not tell others of your problems.... or is there a time limit?

Jerry

Old 01-02-2003, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
I really love this site and I have re-read my post in the locked thread and I don't see how I broke any rules. Yes the problem I had was two years ago...does that make it less valid? Especially to a newbe? If you went to a store or a restaurant and got poor service would you not tell others of your problems.... or is there a time limit?
Jerry
Jerry

The issues is that there are a few members who seem to ONLY exist here to cause trouble for our supporting vendors and to wind up the membership in general. In some cases they offer NO participation other than that.

Everyone -

If I understand Steve's resolution correctly those are the folks who need to be most worried. If you post 10 times a week and 6 of them are to bash a member or SV then you are part of the problem. Issues that happened 2 years ago - happened 2 years ago - Through a GREAT deal of work Steve has maintained all t he past threads searchable... There is NO need to continually
bring up the same stuff over and over. Any user who is interested can see all the old threads. Ironically the bashers are shooting themselves in the foot when the threads they complain in get deleted. Because their opinions disappear....

I have been saying for a LONG time you are free to post your first hand experences about a product or service. Positive or Negative Keep the discussion civil and on point talking about the product or service. When you start attacking each other is when things go down hill..

Doug

Old 01-03-2003, 02:36 AM
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
I see this has been a friendly discussion, Nice to see.

Old 01-03-2003, 02:46 AM
Well since Ford now advertises on this site . . .

Old 01-03-2003, 08:14 AM
F150online
Founder
Well since Ford now advertises on this site . . .
Interesting comment, but history shows that we've been trying to eliminate troublemakers long before Ford started to advertise on the site.

Old 01-03-2003, 08:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by webmaster
Interesting comment, but history shows that we've been trying to eliminate troublemakers long before Ford started to advertise on the site.
I think what he is trying to say Steve, are we able to complain about, blowing plugs, leaking head gaskets, intercooler failures, leaking steering boxes, mis-fit body parts...you know what I mean

Old 01-03-2003, 08:54 AM
F150online
Founder
Okie, I can see that as an interpretation...but history also shows that Ford has been well aware of this site even before it started...as there were several Ford engineers active on our email discussion list as early as 1996.

Quick Reply: Questions on vendor bashing?