Lightning

Questions on vendor bashing?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2003 | 01:16 AM
|
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Questions on vendor bashing?

If you read Sticky: New Years Resolution it reads Vendor Bashing will no longer be tolerated, anyone caught will be e-mailed a warning second offence is being banned.

Can the culprit go into sign-up and make a new username and haunt the forum all over again? and keep us guessing who that once was, haunting and bashing people?. As you can tell I don' t know much about computers or there capibilities. Thanks for you time and HAPPY NEW YEAR.
Pat/bluelightning

Old 01-02-2003 | 01:24 AM
yeah.. I was kinda thinking the same thing..

Old 01-02-2003 | 01:28 AM
Banned
Of course they can but then they will need another email address, which isn't hard of course and then they can block the IP address of them but that wont last long. After all that you would hope that they would just give up.

Old 01-02-2003 | 01:32 AM
|
Account Suspended For 30 Days For Using Multiple Screen Names
Tread is still open. 9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 closed. Nope guess not

Old 01-02-2003 | 08:08 AM
F150online
Founder
Per our terms of service:
Additionally, if for some reason your posting rights are revoked for violation of these terms, any action taken on your part to re-register using additional email addresses and screen names will be interpreted as harassment, resulting in our contacting your ISP and if required, local law enforcement authorities immediately.
There are always those that will break this rule and we will do our best to inforce it. It is not an exact science, however.

Old 01-02-2003 | 08:29 AM
Rest In Peace
Angry

After being on here so long i can tell there are a few cases where this happens. I can guarentee there is one person on here that still posts today with their fake name. No need to say who i think it is but im sure most of the guys that have been around as long as i have can figure it out. As for making a fake name dont think you have to be a hacker to do that. Just use dial up and everytime you sign on you get a new IP Address. So so much for saving you IP address when you posted with you old name. Thats why there are so many of these guys with less then 10 posts chiming in on tuner bashing posts.

Old 01-02-2003 | 08:31 AM
unless they block your whole subnet

Old 01-02-2003 | 09:16 AM
I applaud the Webmaster's resolution but I would also like to see less favoritism by the owners/operators of this forum for certain supporting vendors. Just adds fuel to the smoldering fire.

Old 01-02-2003 | 09:18 AM
Originally posted by BadAzz516
No need to say who i think it is but im sure most of the guys that have been around as long as i have can figure it out.

ughhhhhh.....BadAzz516?

Old 01-02-2003 | 11:02 AM
Well, it sounds like a fair solution. However I do have a couple of questions.

If someone did have a problem with a supporting vendor how many times can that person bring the problem up? Anytime the reputation of the vendor is brought up? Anytime the product in question is brought up?

"Detailed and truthful first person (not posts like "my friend got screwed by...") posts about positive and negative experiences with F150online Supporting Vendors will be encouraged within the context of a thread and will not be removed (which means that they will be searchable for all the see when researching a vendor), however repeatedly posting negative comments or intentionally driving threads off-topic with "dead-horse" issues will result in:

1) Warnings sent by email for a first offense.
2) Banning for a second offense."

Old 01-02-2003 | 11:13 AM
People will always push things to the limit as most do with our trucks ... Bashing will continue to a certin extent... I hope the new rules help.. A minoity amount of people that bash vendors have had no dealing with them it seams ... They are the ones that should be banned as trouble makers...

PEaCE.......................

Old 01-02-2003 | 11:13 AM
what about stating the facts, especially when a representative ask you about it. Or stating your experiences to better inform the rest of the community??

Old 01-02-2003 | 11:21 AM
F150online
Founder
what about stating the facts, especially when a representative ask you about it. Or stating your experiences to better inform the rest of the community??
As always, you are encouraged to post your personal experiences that include factual information, not "something you heard" or "happened to a neighbor of mine" repeatedly posting the same information in every thread that mentions a vendor you may have an issue with. If you have already posted the details of an issue you have on the forum, there is no need to post it over and over again.

If someone did have a problem with a supporting vendor how many times can that person bring the problem up? Anytime the reputation of the vendor is brought up? Anytime the product in question is brought up?
I believe that it would be appropriate to share experiences about specific vendors when you are asked. But once again, if you are not sharing your personal experience and you have not already attempted to address the issue with the vendor directly, then it is not appropriate to post such experiences on the forums. The time to NOT post about experiences is in every thread that mentions a specific vendor that you may have issues with.

What this policy aims to minimize is the number of posts that are begun with good intentions about a specific vendor that ultimately degrade into bashing or include the same comments over and over again that do not address the original post.

It seems fairly obvious that this resolution will only address a handful of people, as most of the posters here are respectful of other's choices, regardless of their vendor of choice.

As I stated in the resolution, if you have an issue with a vendor, discuss it with them directly by phone, fax, email or in-person. This is not the appropriate venue for it and never has been. We will also become stricter with the closure of threads that are more appropriately addressed by contacting a vendor directly, such as shipping times and status, etc.

Last edited by webmaster; 01-02-2003 at 11:28 AM.
Old 01-02-2003 | 02:39 PM
good thing you guys cleared this up, i was afraid to post anything in fear of getting banned

but i never talk about vendors or anything anyway, cause i dont use them, i go through a middleman, or ebay!

Old 01-02-2003 | 04:28 PM
Ok good I didn't do anything wrong then. He asked me about it so I told him.

Quick Reply: Questions on vendor bashing?