Lightning

getting ready for the roll pan, questions?

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2003 | 11:08 AM
|
getting ready for the roll pan, questions?

so I'm getting ready go drop my truck off soon enough and I wanted to once and for all see what kind of end caps guys have used with the roll pans and what kind fo results you've had before I order them.

I got the street scene roll pan by the way. Lets see some pics to you guys and any info on what kind and where you got them from.

This might a good time to get a roll pan thread going like the hood post we had so long ago.

Old 01-03-2003 | 11:11 AM
Hey Joe,

Why not work the stock end caps. I have seen great success with those

--Joe

Old 01-03-2003 | 11:51 AM
Hey Joe,

I was up your way last weekend (Roberts Road and 88th I think). I completely forgot you were not far from there. Next time I'll have to look you up.

-Mark

Old 01-03-2003 | 11:55 AM
|
Originally posted by St Louis Lightning
Hey Joe,

I was up your way last weekend (Roberts Road and 88th I think). I completely forgot you were not far from there. Next time I'll have to look you up.

-Mark
yeah thats about 10 minutes from my house, I'm like 157th and 80th ave. I'll be right out that way today at my sisters salon getting my hair cut on college drive and southwest highway. what where you doing up here? Give me a shout out next time and I'll take you over to hooters and we'll get tanked, HAHAHAHA.

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:12 PM
Joe,

Get them end caps all nice and smooth, then break out the fiberglass, and get to work!

Takes some time, but as you saw on VINNIE truck, it looks SaWeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeTT !!

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:14 PM
Krix, are you smoothing and then glassing on top, or making new glass ones using the smoothed stockers as a mold? I've seen your stuff and it's sweet .

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:16 PM
|
hey you want to make some side money, HAHAHAHAHA. I really don't feel like doing all that sanding work, just prep and paint. I just hate sanding, especially by hand!

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:16 PM
Heres a close up of KRIX's handy work.

I can not thank him enough.

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:18 PM
|
vinnie why don't you just sell me yours then, there so nice and done already!

Old 01-03-2003 | 12:55 PM
he cant..... he already sold me all his bling bling parts!!!!! he figured if he wanted to red to be recognized as fast, he bettwer ditch the bling!!!! LMAO!!!!!

Old 01-03-2003 | 01:13 PM
hey RTKILLA, I orderd the "Street Scene" one of their web site awhile back but when it came it was the Lund one. I think they have some sort of deal with them, I have heard that elsewhere also.
Did you see an actual picture of it before you orderd or was it just a list of makes/models?

and did you ever check with Dave at Ye Old body down here in florida? Thats where I bought mine but that was during the summer. My stuff is still riding around in my bed untill I have bought all my "paintables" I want installed all at once. Figure it will be cheaper to have painted overall that way.

Last edited by Konig; 01-03-2003 at 01:15 PM.
Old 01-03-2003 | 01:27 PM
Originally posted by LightningTuner
Krix, are you smoothing and then glassing on top, or making new glass ones using the smoothed stockers as a mold? I've seen your stuff and it's sweet .
Sal,
They start out as brand new end caps or side steps, which ever im doing at the time. I dont use old plastics, only brand new ones. Let me start by saying, it takes hours of work to get them right, just ask VINNIE, he saw the pictures of the process his side and rear caps went thru.
When they are finished, you can take them in your hands, and try to bend them.... they wont. Too many stories about guys getting glassed steps from a mold, and having them crack because they were so weak. Thats why i decided to work with the stock part.
Not sure how anyone else did theirs, but i know my way takes a crap load of time, but they come out strong, and appear on pimp trucks such as VINNIES.

So who wants a set?....................................... LOL!

Old 01-03-2003 | 01:29 PM
Originally posted by RTKILLA
hey you want to make some side money, HAHAHAHAHA. I really don't feel like doing all that sanding work, just prep and paint. I just hate sanding, especially by hand!
*maybe...... i could use some money to pay off Christmas debt! lol

Old 01-03-2003 | 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Krix330cic(NJ)
*maybe...... i could use some money to pay off Christmas debt! lol
Chit you could add me to that list also.... I have a rollpan on order that will be here soon amongst other bling bling toys HEHEHEHE

Old 01-03-2003 | 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Krix330cic(NJ)

Not sure how anyone else did theirs, but i know my way takes a crap load of time, but they come out strong, and appear on pimp trucks such as VINNIES.
That's exactly how I did my side steps.

Quick Reply: getting ready for the roll pan, questions?