Lightning

you"L" guys are gonna hate this,imposter...

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003 | 11:15 PM
Now that would be funny

Old 01-10-2003 | 11:28 PM

I guess if you like getting laughed at and having your a$$ handed to you by every ricer with a huge wing out back, its a cool truck. There is a guy here in town with a red ext. cab F150 with the same crap on his.......he avoids me when the real thing comes rolling up on him. I cant believe people actually do this! Just nut up and buy a REAL Lightning.
Oh, by the time you add "just" a Lightning drivetrain and everything else that goes with it, you could have bought a REAL one and had money left for mods. Besides, your still gonna have a truck worth a lot less than you paid for it originally! You only paid $17,000??..................It looks like it!

No flame intended, but the badging is a bit too far and makes you look a little cheesy.

Anyways, welcome aboard, but your probably gonna catch some more hell ......................

Old 01-10-2003 | 11:39 PM
Now I understand....that's Gigi's truck!

Jerry

Old 01-10-2003 | 11:40 PM
Its not harming me and its not costing me a thing

Old 01-10-2003 | 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Jerry Jordan
Now I understand....that's Gigi's truck!

Jerry
LMAO!!!!!!!!

Old 01-10-2003 | 11:46 PM
OK I'll admit it..mines a poser I have a reg cab 5.4 stepside w/ an L front end and wheels with the possiblilty of ground effects in the near future. I do have the front end as I was in a wreck and got a good deal on it but I switched my xlt badges to the plain f150 painted black and clearcoated and removed the triton v8 emblems. The 10k I saved is goin for a procharger (3300) polished unless whipple comes up w/ something real quick! 1200 for my bags and 1300 for ground effects so I still have less than 4000 than I would have spent on an L will be runnin 11's after my tune and have saved a fortune as I bought my truck new in 99 at the age of 18 and am turnin 22 in a week. So for me it was more practical to do this. And from my understanding my truck is actually rarer than a L A guy by the name of Brandon aka showya on a coupla boards is employed by Ford and so far he has only found 5 5.4 reg cab stepsides(might include fleetsides cant remember of the top of my head) and I could not find any after numerous searches of my own mine is one of 3 I personally know about, me, showya, and neal. So until I turn 23 I will be more than happy with my bagged and blown lookalike and when I do turn 23 I will have a pretty L in the garage to keep it and my gf's 350z company.

Old 01-11-2003 | 12:04 AM
Nothing against the "posers", but owning a Lightning (to me) is more then just a fast truck. It's being part of a legacy. A legacy that seems to be continuing. It's also being part of a relatively small group of proud L owners, who all share in this exclusitvity. I mean if you want to make your truck look like an L, then more power to you. I've got a friend named Felix who has a white stepside, and his truck looks alot like an L (minus the badges). Personally it looks awesome to me. His friend is Brandon (showya). But with all due respect to them and everyone else, the vin number still says 'not a Lightning'.

Peace out

Old 01-11-2003 | 02:53 AM
My girls not FAKE!! she's just air assist

Old 01-11-2003 | 02:59 AM
Banned
Originally posted by BADBLACK99
OK I'll admit it..mines a poser I have a reg cab 5.4 stepside w/ an L front end and wheels with the possiblilty of ground effects in the near future. I do have the front end as I was in a wreck and got a good deal on it but I switched my xlt badges to the plain f150 painted black and clearcoated and removed the triton v8 emblems. The 10k I saved is goin for a procharger (3300) polished unless whipple comes up w/ something real quick! 1200 for my bags and 1300 for ground effects so I still have less than 4000 than I would have spent on an L will be runnin 11's after my tune and have saved a fortune as I bought my truck new in 99 at the age of 18 and am turnin 22 in a week. So for me it was more practical to do this. And from my understanding my truck is actually rarer than a L A guy by the name of Brandon aka showya on a coupla boards is employed by Ford and so far he has only found 5 5.4 reg cab stepsides(might include fleetsides cant remember of the top of my head) and I could not find any after numerous searches of my own mine is one of 3 I personally know about, me, showya, and neal. So until I turn 23 I will be more than happy with my bagged and blown lookalike and when I do turn 23 I will have a pretty L in the garage to keep it and my gf's 350z company.

You will not be running 11's with a procharger. Goodluck.. Your putting 217hp to the rear if your lucky. You dont have a forged motor. The procharger for an after market 5.4 will give you if your lucky, 80 hp to the rear wheels.

BTW, how do you plan to keep that tranmission alive?

Old 01-11-2003 | 09:12 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally posted by SCOTTSBEATER
My girls not FAKE!! she's just air assist
ROTFLMAO !!!

I also had my drink spitting out my nose when I read this !

Old 01-11-2003 | 10:56 AM
This contributes to the mistaken idea that most of
the unwashed population (Non-Lightning Literate)
has about our trucks, guys.

Much like the "I saw a Yellow Lightning" threads, it
really doesn't hurt anything as long as these people that
fo it understand that it is exactly the same as a "ricer"
plastering the "R" decal on the Honda or Neon.

There are lots of sharp looking F150's out there on the
road, and I wave to them all. Most of them give us
the "thumbs up" so we kinda feel like the quarterbacks
of a really awesome truck team.

Old 01-11-2003 | 10:59 AM
Originally posted by LA Dreamz Inc
What is a lightning but an F-150 Stepside Shortbox with a 5.4 Supercharged????
Hang around ... These guys will ed-u-ma-cate ya. Don't get
upset at the hatred, it's part of their *****cat demeanor.
At the A&W, they'ed be the first to say "Nice Wheels"!

Old 01-11-2003 | 11:06 AM
|
yeah dream...

like I told you,your gonna get flamed,but it's good clean fun...the next time there's a get together in Dallas,I hope you show up....bring your girl too,to bad she was camera shy,they'd be talking less about the truck here

Old 01-11-2003 | 11:11 AM
Come on people.. Why is everybody so nice these days? I think it takes a true low life to do what these guys do. "What is a lightning but an F-150 Stepside Shortbox with a 5.4 Supercharged". You must be kidding right? Have you seen a real lightning? If you want to be original thats fine but don't disgrace our badge in the process. If you want to be original start by taking those badges off. Anyone who know anything about cars will know you are a fraud. I bet you are one of those guys who walk around saying your a navy seal too.

Old 01-11-2003 | 11:15 AM
Originally posted by SVT_KY
Hang around ... These guys will ed-u-ma-cate ya. Don't get
upset at the hatred, it's part of their *****cat demeanor.
At the A&W, they'ed be the first to say "Nice Wheels"!
SVT_KY,

What was the part of the word that got edited....it's making me crazy. What kind of cat?

Also, we don't have an A&W here . We don't have a Finleys either....crap....we don't have White Castle....

That's it!!!!!!!!!!! I'm comming home.

Rocks

Quick Reply: you"L" guys are gonna hate this,imposter...