Lightning

you"L" guys are gonna hate this,imposter...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003 | 02:38 PM
Originally posted by screwyou
And I bet you believe in Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny.

Well uh, actually I do.

Hey Naviman,

Yeah...where is my bumpersticker. I sent in my $300 dues.

Rocks

Old 01-12-2003 | 02:49 PM
Not going to comment on the poser issue, but regards the ATI and quality statement... those words don't belong in the same sentence.

ATI makes nice power, and the overall system design is good. Blower quality is crap. They leak like sieves, as their seals are junk. I have had both the P1SC and then upgraded to the D1SC. Plus I had to return the unit twice for rebuilds, as it was pissin hydraulic fluid into the intercooler tubing. With only 8 ounces of fluid in the self contained unit, any leak at all is critical.

Both repairs were at my expense, despite having only 200 miles on the blower. ATI customer service is a freakin joke.

So you go ahead and build your fast stealth truck, I don't envy your future with ATI as your power maker. Heck, even the racers that run them have a minimum of 3 on the shelf, as they break often, much more often than a Vortec/Paxton or a turbo.

Old 01-12-2003 | 03:08 PM
We have built several GM big blocks w/ the ati and machined our own pulleys and have never had any problems. Some have even run at 24 lbs of boost and produced a dynoed 1096 hp. None of the problems you experienced. Most were boat engines, a couple for local dragsters, and the only problem we have seen is the outride(race built bullet proof bravo one) couldnt handle the torque

Old 01-12-2003 | 03:10 PM
I should mention none of those blowers were the ps1 or ds1. ANd on the cute comment on the buggy...back tires were replaced w/ 33 in mudders and I lifted the rear to keep it from bottoming out and put larger tires on front

Quick Reply: you"L" guys are gonna hate this,imposter...