Lightning

Argh, argh, argh...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 07:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr FXDX

<Was that Sonic the Hedge Hog?>

<Before you consider referring to someone as "Son" you might better know who you're dealing with. Just what is your age anyway Junior?>

<If you read my post and comprehended what you read>

<I don't come here to antagonize people>

Looks like your doing a pretty good job of trying to antagonize - with those comments. Drive your Harley and relax, will ya'...

Old 01-11-2003, 08:33 PM
Thanks for posting the pics #356.

Yo Sonic,

Weather here isn't condusive to motorin' at this time or I would be. So far as your taste in motorsickles is concerned, everyone is entitled to their opinions and free to pick their ride of choice. I'll ride with most anyone on any brand and not discriminate regarding their ride. If their a squid, that's another story.

Old 01-11-2003, 10:17 PM
Whats wrong with the VROD? I think they are awesome!

Ken

Old 01-12-2003, 02:20 AM
Is this the new VROD?

I don't know anything about bikes but Harley had this bike displayed at a show this weekend.

Old 01-12-2003, 02:27 AM
Banned
Yup thats the vrod, they are bad ***! Wont keep up with most sport bikes but it doesn't matter they are BADASS!

Old 01-12-2003, 06:50 AM
well ...

My bud has one, it's for sale, if your interested let me know cause he can't get rid of it...

It's uncomfortable to ride on long trips - no room for a passenger - the wind catches the solid wheels and throws it all over the road - plus it's butt ugly - He hates it ... He also has a Springer and a Hayabusa ...

I just sold my full dresser - and totaled my Hayabusa, so I am currently on four wheels only... I've had quite a few bikes over the years - Honda, Suzuski, Kawaski and Harley ...

Harley has the curb appeal and re-sale - but the Jap bikes have the technology and speed. If you want to go fast you can buy a Harley and spend thousands modding it to go fast and then will still never match the speed of some of these Jap contenders. Or you can buy a Jap bike and right out of the box your a rocket...

I'm older and been around awhile and riding for many years so the Harley mystique means nothing to me ... I just like to ride and when I wanted to go-fast I would ride the pocket/rocket - when I wanted to sound sweet and rap the pipes or pose for the slashcats on organized rides I would ride the Harley ... best of both Worlds... If your just interested in cruising and not speed then the Harley is the way to go...

Old 01-12-2003, 07:32 AM
some would say "personality challenged." If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, don't.

Old 01-12-2003, 07:46 AM
HuH...?

Originally posted by whoop72
some would say "personality challenged." If the shoe fits, wear it. If not, don't.
What or whom are you talking about ...?

Old 01-12-2003, 08:55 AM
FXDX,
Welcome to the family and to a great truck.
When I bought my Lightning I put the Harley Soft tonneau cover on it.

I have had and rode Jap bikes for about 18 years, my last being a 99 ZX9. It was a great bike, very fun to ride but one day my wife and I were out for a ride and I said to her "How about a Harley?"
Well, I bought my Harley and in a 6 month period I only rode my 9 twice. Most of the time I would let friends ride the 9. So to make a long story short I ended up selling the ZX9 to one of my friends and I am very happy on the Harley. No the Harley can't compare in performance with a crotch rocket but as we get older "atleast for me" the Harley makes more sense.
Bill

Old 01-12-2003, 08:56 AM
FXDX
Congrats on that beautiful Truck and WELCOME MY NEW LIGHTNING BROTHER.
"LET THE MOD'S BEGIN"

First time I've seen a picture of this color, AWESOME, nice choice

Old 01-12-2003, 08:56 AM
And the only reason I don't still have the Harley soft tonneau on any more is because It was replaced it with this one..

Old 01-12-2003, 10:35 AM
hdmlnium,
That's one badass 'L! Although, I'd never take mine that far. Radical to say the least! Your Heritage is tastefully done. How do you like the Thunderheader? I see you've also got the SE breather. Any other engine mods on the scoot? We're a strictly a Harley family. My Wife rides a Buell Blast. I don't particularly care for the build quality of the bike, but it is what it is. It gets more attention than my built FXDX. A $5000 bike compared to a $20000 bike. I suppose it's pretty unique to most people.

Rob_02,
Thanks. The pic doesn't do the paint any justice. No orange peel, smooth as glass. That blower whine makes me grin every time! I can't wait to get a thousand miles on it so I can change the oil and lean on it a bit. Plan to run Mobil1. Ran it in my '00 H-D with no issues.

sonic,
No hard feelings here. You just caught me in a foul mood which lately is more often than not due to the arctic blues. The weather here is sub freezing as of late and no heat in the new garage yet. Being housebound is not my gig! The L' aquisition has helped, although I'll miss my H-D F150. You're entitled to your brand of choice as well as your own opinion!

Old 01-12-2003, 12:18 PM
ditto' Sir...

Like you I am going stir crazy this cold weather is getting to me, like you I can't putter about my garage as it's also unheated and hopefully - this summer I can change that...

I am picking up my 03 Sonic Blue L tommorow at the dealer ... I have an 02 HD edition F150 sitting beside my garage for sale. It belongs to my Brother it has 20000 miles on it and is in very good condition. My son just bought a 99 L off of a dude from this board who lives in Virginia and that's being shipped here on Tuesday.

So I'll have three trucks and two cars jammed onto my property holy ***** BatMan...

I am located in MA not that far from you and usually go to the Americade every year but unless I can go in my L I won't be goin' this year : ) -

Anyhow, it sounds like we have a lot in common - so, peace to you and yours - Brother - and there was never any hard feelings - I am here for fun and education period... and If I can help anyone I am always open for that, as I have lots of time on my hands I took an early retirement and am currently crui Z en'

Old 01-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Wink

Originally posted by FXDX
hdmlnium,
That's one badass 'L! Although, I'd never take mine that far. Radical to say the least! Your Heritage is tastefully done. How do you like the Thunderheader? I see you've also got the SE breather. Any other engine mods on the scoot?
Thanks, I love the way the Thunderheader sounds, I would rather it not be a 2-into-1 but the sound and power is hard to beat. In those pictures above it had the Screaming Eagle 1550 kit with the 203 cams and shaved factory heads. Now she is a bit different, it now has the complete Zippers 1550 Muscle kit, heads, cams, Jims roller lifters, S&S carb. I won a dyno shootout with it in 2001 for my class. Numbers are in my signature. It has also been lowered since then and a lot more chrome. It is a fun bike for sure, Just like the lightning, the mods never end...
Bill

This is a picture of me and the bike at the FunFord in Epping N.H. this past summer.

Old 01-12-2003, 04:32 PM
hdmlnium,

Your TC95 is one bad mill! Zippers sure can make 'em talk.

Mine's built with all Screamin' Eagle parts. SE heads, hi. comp. forged pistons, SE 257 cams, roller rockers, SE 6200 RPM race ign., CV w/Thunderslide & fat jets, black powdercoated KuryAkyn Hypercharger & Samson Street Sweepers w/torque cones.

Seriously considered the Thunder Header but couldn't get past the Dr. Seuss styling. Still may pick one up if my venturi baffles don't work out for the Samsons.

Last edited by FXDX; 01-12-2003 at 04:39 PM.

Quick Reply: Argh, argh, argh...