Lightning

Argh, argh, argh...

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2003, 01:58 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Argh, argh, argh...

Picked up my '03 DSG today. What a truck! Drove it home on some pretty loused up roads. Northeast winters suck! Stopped in at the DOT shop where I used to work (Wifey still works there) and washed it. Drove it home 12 miles from there in a snow squall. Travelled a county road which was snow covered rather than on the salted up super-slab.

Upon inspection of the truck at the dealership I noticed a small scuff on the front bumper cover. Pointed it out to the salesman and after 10 minutes of me brow beating him he knuckled under and ordered a new cover for me. Had him put it in writing on the contract! After seeing some of the ***** monkeys that worked there I told him I'd take care of the paint and R&R 'cause I can do that. I do believe it'll go away if I wet sand it with 2000 grit and buff it out. Nice to have the spare cover anyway!

Well, it's just about nap time.:o Got to take the pooch to the Vet in the AM and then off to the Harley store with a friend to shop for his Buell Firebolt. It don't get much better than that; hot rod truck shopping one day, hot rod bike shopping the next! And to think, i always hated shopping!

Last edited by FXDX; 01-11-2003 at 03:04 AM.
Old 01-11-2003, 02:21 AM
Banned
Welcome to the family!

Old 01-11-2003, 10:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad the weather wouldn't let you get the truck home clean . Congrats on the new ride

Old 01-11-2003, 10:38 AM
Congratts on the new ride, hopefully the weather will clear up soon so you can drive it.

Old 01-11-2003, 10:40 AM
Welcome to da famblee !!!

Mod time around the corner?

Old 01-11-2003, 11:58 AM
I really don't think that I'll do any powertrain mods. Don't want to jeopardize the reliability. The truck runs great as is! I originally planned on a billet grille but the stocker is just a few shades darker in color than the DSG paint on the truck which is in turn a few shades darker than the wheels. It all comes together pretty nicely. A bedrug is in the near future.

Old 01-11-2003, 12:11 PM
Bedrug is a "must-have". Mine is 4 yrs old and has been thru two trucks and still looks great. Even carried a load of top soil in it and then just used the hose to rinse all the dirt out and let air dry.
See Chickenears here for a deal on your bedrug. If your real nice maybe the rabbit will help out LOL I know you don't know what Iam talking about, BUT, stick around you will

Old 01-11-2003, 12:31 PM
I've seen the rabbit in some of Chickenears posts since I've been lurking here for some time but don't really know what the signifigance is. I'll give him a shout out once I get the scratch together. 'Til then I'll have to make do with the bed mat from my dear departed '00 Harley F150.

Still haven't decided if I'm going to stick with the factory soft tonneau or shoot the one off my old H-D DSG and put that on the 'L. It's nice to have choices though!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Old 01-11-2003, 01:39 PM
Congrat's on the truck!

-Mike

Old 01-11-2003, 01:55 PM
congrats on the new L FXDX

my vote is put the HD cover on the L and paint it to match. that'll look awsome! and you'll only be one of 2 guys with L's that has that cover that i know of

let me know if you want me to post those pics of your L you sent me on here for ya

Old 01-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Thanks #356,

Yea, I'll probably shoot the H-D tonneau DSG when I find the time. The stocker will do for now. Go on ahead and post one of the better pics if you want. I have yet to attempt to figure out the pic posting deal.

Old 01-11-2003, 02:39 PM
agree on the truck - but...

The Harley Buell is no hot rod - bag of bolts maybe - but far from a hot rod...

As a matter of fact (and I speak from experience owned my share of Harleys) Harley doesn't make anything stock that could be remotely considered a hot-rod and that especially goes for that butt ugly piece of crap marketing disaster called a V-Rod...

Fact is son - if'n you want a fast bike you must buy Jap - and that list is endless - sorry ...

Old 01-11-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by FXDX
I really don't think that I'll do any powertrain mods. Don't want to jeopardize the reliability. :
Yes I said the exact same thing..I had no intention of any powertrain mods..That lasted a month

CHip
Filter
Fast Air System PSP
Boost Bypass
Truk Traks soon

Would have a pulley but waiting on the Verdict on this rod situation.

Take care!!!

Old 01-11-2003, 03:46 PM
Was that Sonic the Hedge Hog?

Before you consider referring to someone as "Son" you might better know who you're dealing with. Just what is your age anyway Junior?

If you read my post and comprehended what you read, you would have realized that I referred to the Buells as the hot rods of Harleys line.

Just what do you drive/ride? What do you do for a living? What kind of lifestyle do you lead?

I don't come here to antagonize people! I come here to gather and share information with others that enjoy a common interest.

Your Jap bike (if you own one) may very well whip my big block Harleys @$$, but let's talk resale value. Is your rice burner worth remotely what you paid for it? What will it be worth in 10 years?

Let us not turn this thread into a p!ss!ng match.

Old 01-11-2003, 06:34 PM
LoL, i see you are getting the traditional L board welcome there FXDX. LoL

anyway, here's a few of the pics of your truck that you sent me for ya

did you ever get any pics of your HD when you had it?

Quick Reply: Argh, argh, argh...