Lightning

Instructions On Engine Swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2003, 07:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No did not have to shorten the driveshaft.As for making a 'kit' no There are a few things that have to be addressed when ever you move a mass like that.One of which is driveshaft angle,exhaust,trans cross member,cooling lines,fluid lines,a/c compressor,fan if you are running a stock one,some of the stuff is easy to fix like for your heater hoses just remove the the short connectors.But other stuff is not like that, the oil pan, I run a canton road race pan which is shorter than the stock pan if you did not do that your oil pan will stick BELOW the front cross member.and your exhaust would have to be shorten so it would come out the same hole and all the brackets for it relocated.
Since I did this knowing all of this it was easy to do.but if you did not know you would be very upset.But the mounts do make the motor a bolt in relocate,just nohing else is.Stan

OH and the BEST part of this is it all looks stock, still you have to know what to look at and for to know that it is moved.

Old 01-14-2003, 07:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Ruslow
...OH and the BEST part of this is it all looks stock, still you have to know what to look at...
FIRE!

BTW, the other evening a Lamboweeny drove by (there's a few in town). This guy opened it up a bit, and then I realized that Ruslow's exhaust sounds just like that car.

Quick Reply: Instructions On Engine Swap