Lightning

Just Dynoe'd Today.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2003 | 09:49 AM
Originally posted by Fast Gator
Stop by the Trembly Point Pub on Trembly Point road. You take Styles to Lower Road back behind the airport. Make a left on Tremble, down about 1 1/2 miles on left.
Nice football crowd on weekends w/food

Bruce
WOW. Trembly point / Lower Road. Brings back memories. I worked at Linden Motor Freight for 2 years. That's when I lived in Roselle. Man, do I miss that commute!

See ya'

Dan

Old 01-16-2003 | 10:01 AM
Nice numbers .. YOUr truck runs strong..

PEaCE..............................

Old 01-16-2003 | 10:20 AM
LIGHTNINGROD,

where in South Georgia are you dynoing at? I live in Tallahassee, FL and am looking for a dyno operator who knows what is going on. Unfortunately, we really don't have any in Tally. who can accurately pull A/F numbers with the dyno run. Let me know..

- Jay

Old 01-16-2003 | 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Dan SS2471
WOW. Trembly point / Lower Road. Brings back memories. I worked at Linden Motor Freight for 2 years. That's when I lived in Roselle. Man, do I miss that commute!

See ya'

Dan
Do you remember Jimmy Sloan? Good friend of mine, and I know at least a half dozen drivers there. I live about 2 miles from LMF. If you know of the place Iam talking about, you should see it know, new owners, put alot of cash in the place. They EVEN paved the parking lot. Fear not Lightning Bro/Sisters, Gator broke it in right!!!!! Everybody was pissed that their clothes smelled like goodyear, but a round of drinks calmed everybody down

Old 01-16-2003 | 10:59 AM
Those are great numbers, You should be happy with the truck.

I can't quite figure out how they get the numbers they do at Crazy Horse. I had my truck dynoed there, and at two other dynos(all dyno jets)

The STD numbers at Crazy Horse and the SAE corrected numbers at the other dynos were allmost exactly the same for HP, but the Torque numbers were off quite a bit.

The weather and the truck temps were allmost exactly the same all 3 times. Crazy Horse got 620 # of torque, while the other two dynos I got 580 to 585# of torque.

All 3 dynos the HP numbers were within 2-3 HP, the two local dynos both the HP and Torque were allmost identical.

So the numbers I used in my sig was the first pull of the lowest off all three dyno sesions.

Old 01-16-2003 | 12:41 PM
i would use the crazy horse #s in my sig

Old 01-16-2003 | 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Don's Bolt
I can't quite figure out how they get the numbers they do at Crazy Horse. I had my truck dynoed there, and at two other dynos(all dyno jets)

The STD numbers at Crazy Horse and the SAE corrected numbers at the other dynos were allmost exactly the same for HP, but the Torque numbers were off quite a bit.
I'm getting mine done on saturday at a place in Bound Brook. Mike is taking the ride with me. They said they had no ther appointments for saturday so we may have to pop his on their dyno and get a comparison. That would be interesting.

Old 01-16-2003 | 12:52 PM
Do you remember Jimmy Sloan? Good friend of mine, and I know at least a half dozen drivers there. I live about 2 miles from LMF. If you know of the place Iam talking about, you should see it know, new owners, put alot of cash in the place. They EVEN paved the parking lot. Fear not Lightning Bro/Sisters, Gator broke it in right!!!!! Everybody was pissed that their clothes smelled like goodyear, but a round of drinks calmed everybody down
I worked in the MIS department as a computer operator. Didn't know any of the drivers. Wasn't in the union. I knew Paul Schlenk who was the warehouse mgr and a guy named Frank Scanlon. Your friend most likely knows them (if they still work there..I worked there in '91-'93).

See ya'

Dan

Old 01-16-2003 | 08:41 PM
Ok cool man, you making it to hOOters sunday. It seems the time has been set from 2 to 5
Just hope the friggin snow holds off

Old 01-16-2003 | 08:47 PM
Just hope the friggin snow holds off
What does it matter......seems like your hunkered down pretty good in Casa de' Gator

--Joe

Old 01-16-2003 | 09:02 PM
Originally posted by yysenhimer
I'm getting mine done on saturday at a place in Bound Brook. Mike is taking the ride with me. They said they had no ther appointments for saturday so we may have to pop his on their dyno and get a comparison. That would be interesting.
I live in Bound Brook. where is there a dyno?

VINNIE

Old 01-16-2003 | 09:05 PM
Originally posted by soap
What does it matter......seems like your hunkered down pretty good in Casa de' Gator

--Joe
Iam by myself till 2

Old 01-16-2003 | 11:33 PM
Originally posted by VINNIE
I live in Bound Brook. where is there a dyno?

VINNIE
BM Transmissions
110 West Main Street
Boundbrook, 08805
Tel. 732-563-2922

$125 for three pulls with air/fuel. The guy said they had a Lightning there last week. I've never been there before so I'll let you know how it is. Crazy Horse was booked up on the weekends. The other places I called wanted like $300 plus air/fuel. If you're not doing anything saturday morning, stop by. I'll prolly get there at 9:30 or so.

BTW Vinnie, What did you do about the passenger seat belt when you put the console in.

Last edited by yysenhimer; 01-16-2003 at 11:49 PM.
Old 01-17-2003 | 10:41 AM
Originally posted by f150intally
LIGHTNINGROD,

where in South Georgia are you dynoing at? I live in Tallahassee, FL and am looking for a dyno operator who knows what is going on. Unfortunately, we really don't have any in Tally. who can accurately pull A/F numbers with the dyno run. Let me know..

- Jay
Jay: I just called Aaron and he said he had already talked to you. Yes, this guy knows his 'stuff'! Ron and I will be there about 9:30 am, Monday. Aaron said he'd dynoed 11 vehicles the other day.

Dan

Old 01-17-2003 | 11:04 AM
Originally posted by yysenhimer
BM Transmissions
110 West Main Street
Boundbrook, 08805
Tel. 732-563-2922

$125 for three pulls with air/fuel. The guy said they had a Lightning there last week. I've never been there before so I'll let you know how it is. Crazy Horse was booked up on the weekends. The other places I called wanted like $300 plus air/fuel. If you're not doing anything saturday morning, stop by. I'll prolly get there at 9:30 or so.

BTW Vinnie, What did you do about the passenger seat belt when you put the console in.
what time you guys leaving the Rahway/Linden area?

Quick Reply: Just Dynoe'd Today.....